LegacyGT.com

Driven: 1995 Ford Aspire. Automotive greatness.

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yes there is. Its called Forced Induction.

All else being equal, there is no replacement for displacement.

Tale two engines, with components of equally well made internals, equally free flowing (to support their current displacement) heads, intake, and exhaust, and equal tuning of engine management and other small considerations.

Now put boost to both of them using equal levels of boost at the same exact temps. I can promise the larger displacement motor will make more power.

Cause not all of us own Subarus anymore.

Funny how most of the OG's on this site (many of whom no longer post here) found out long ago that small displacement turbo motors really are not equal to larger displacement performance engines in the long run. How many stories of self destructed EJ25's does it take?

• 5 months later...

http://jalopnik.com/the-ten-worst-cars-of-the-1990s-1708566735

10.) Ford Aspire

There was nothing nearly outstanding about the Ford Aspire. Sale numbers were low and it could barely accelerate. I’m pretty sure the only reason why it had dual airbags standard was because Ford wanted to give consumers some slim chance of false hope that they might be able to survive any sort of accident that could occur with this egg-shaped machine of sadness.

Cause not all of us own Subarus anymore.

Funny how most of the OG's on this site (many of whom no longer post here) found out long ago that small displacement turbo motors really are not equal to larger displacement performance engines in the long run. How many stories of self destructed EJ25's does it take?

Are you seriously driving one of those "rolling prison sentences"?

They don't understand the virtues of a street legal (sort of) bumper car/rally car/shopping cart pusher/pussy wagon.

I know some people just don't get it, like ...

http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/2010/07/capsule-review-1995-ford-aspire/

I pulled up to Pops and son in the pink Aspire. The son looked as if he would vomit at any moment. Pops grinned. “OH HO! I see why you have to give this one away! But beggars can’t be choosers, eh, Brian! Don’t suppose you’ll bring any tail home in this faggot-wagon!” I ushered Pops in to sign the papers before sneaking back out to meet Brian, who was standing mute before the pink Aspire.

:spin:

• 4 months later...

http://jalopnik.com/the-ten-scariest-cars-to-drive-quickly-1738580520

If you think speeding along in a modern economy compact car is scary, you should try doing so in one of these ancient shitboxes. Sure, at low speeds they may be tossable, but at speeds of 70+? That’s straight up cringeworthy.

The body construction barely looks like it can survive a 20 MPH crash, don’t want to even think about highway speeds.

:spin:

Modern highway speeds are terrifying in the Ass-Pyre. In Wyoming, where the car lives, the speed limit on I-90 is 80MPH. I don't think the car can go that fast, and I'm not sure I would want to go that fast in it.

We still have yet to change the oil in it. Ever.

Over in Everything-tries-to-kill-you-land (I can't even walk to the train station without getting attacked by magpies), Ford called it the Festiva.

A uni mate of mine was put out of commission in one of these (he inherited the car from his older sister). He fell asleep at the wheel and hit a car head on at about 40 km/h (25 mph). The car was a full right off, mate got a broken leg and face injuries.

A uni mate of mine was put out of commission in one of these (he inherited the car from his older sister). He fell asleep at the wheel and hit a car head on at about 40 km/h (25 mph). The car was a full right off, mate got a broken leg and face injuries.

WTF are you babbling about? I thought aussies spoke the Queen's english?

Need forum help? Private Message legGTLT

Fuckyeah!

In other Ass-Pyre news a bit of the passenger side trim around the door opening came loose, and in typical juvenile delinquent fashion I removed it, all 6ft or so, and strung it through the spokes on the passenger side rear wheel. Then proceeded to drive with it all over Gillette, WY with some friends in the car who didn't think I would do it.

Turns out there were a bunch of steel reinforcement spring clip like inserts in it. So it was really really loud as it whipped around the wheel at 35 MPH flogging the side of the car. We got some strange looks, and enjoyed a good hearty laugh. The passenger side rear fender now matches the driver side front fender, that is to say covered in streaks, scrapes, and dents from something hitting it in a rotary manner from the wheel well. The driver side front you will recall was jacked up by a blown out tire that one of the other users drove on for about 6 miles.

• 1 year later...

Archived