LegacyGT.com

Driven: 1995 Ford Aspire. Automotive greatness.

Also true. The lack of a basement at my parents' home is a painful reminder that I could never hope to be as awesome as GWIM. Living above the ground in the upper wing of the house simply isn't cool or awesome. So I had to move out.

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

Not many. Some jackass stole one of the hood pin clips, so I had to buy a new one. Now they don't match.

A few weeks ago I met a Nissan GT-R driving down Hwy 59 in Gillette, so I pushed in the clutch and revved the shit out of the race motor in the Ass-Pyre as I went by. The guy driving looked over to answer the challenge and then backed off when he saw what he was up against.

Also whilst digging about in the back of the car I discovered that the red door trim strip from the driver's side was stuffed in the trunk. So now I am thinking of fashioning either a hoop spoiler, or a tail out of it. I am leaning towards a tail, just deck screw it to the top of the rear bumper it's long enough to drag the ground that way.

If I make the improvements I will get photos.

Also as of today the race motor is feeling a bit tired. An engine swap might be needed. I wonder if the turbo mill from an SRT-4 would fit?

Of course if we did that the car would then be legitimately awesome, and probably a scary little beast.

We could race for pink slips in Gillette, in no time we would own fleet of 3/4-1 ton diesel pickups with 6" lifts and stacks.

The conversion would be super difficult though, plus it wouldn't fit under the hood. Have to take out the back seat and put it behind the driver. Maybe the SBC transaxle of one of those stupid Impalla SS 5.3L V8's would work. Just ditch the steering gear obviously.

Then how do you cool it? Obviously a huge scoop on the roof made of sheet aluminum to feed the radiator but will that actually get enough air flow? I do know what to do with the exhaust though.... headers that run up strait to the roof with no mufflers.

• 5 months later...

Not much new. Few ass-hattery opportunities of late other than having a friend sit next to me on the way back from lunch wearing a ski mask while pointing his hand at me inside a paper bag.

Also wearing ski mask while staring down other motorists, and people in parking lots.

This is much more difficult than it sounds because keeping a strait face is almost impossible.

Two guys I went to High School with were driving up north after school one day. The passenger thought it would be comical to pull out his BB gun pistol and point it at the driver.

A woman on the highway saw it and called the state police. It didn't end well.

Need forum help? Private Message legGTLT

• 6 months later...
LMFAO. I only read the first post to this thread and it sounds like my daily. No matter what.. The car won't die.. And you prepare yourself for whatever impact whether its a pot hole, or just a rough road... You are ready and know that the struts could fall out at any given time BUT they won't.. Because the car is THAT good.

Archived