LegacyGT.com

Driven: 1995 Ford Aspire. Automotive greatness.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I will next time I am in Gillette in a day or so. I can tell you that we routinely exceed it whatever it is.

In other news I ripped the grill off with my bare hands yesterday, because racecar, and also noticed the hood latch was no longer working. The safety catch still does though, so we'll have to get some cool racecar hood pins. This car just gets better and better.

• 2 months later...

So a few days ago in the city of Gillette, the Ass-Pyre and I were out for a trip to go eat Rat's-n'-Rice with some friends. On the way there another co-worker pulls up next to us in his Gillette car, a 1996 Taurus, while I am trying to make a right on red.

He pulls up within about 15" of the Ass-Pyre. He also pulls up far enough to block my view of oncoming traffic, I pull ahead, and he pulls up more to block my view. He is laughing at me. Ha ha ha. Laugh it up fucker.

So as punishment for his rudeness I use the driver's door on the Ass-Pyre as a makeshift hammer and start beating on his car by opening it repeatedly into the passenger side of his car. We both feel this is great fun, then the light turns green; whereupon I really hit his car and leave a huge red streak down the side of his car as he takes off.

What I didn't notice at the time were the other motorists of the non scumbag railroader variety that were behind us watching our antics. Man I got some dirty looks from people as they passed me. The other two guys with me and myself were laughing like some crack smoking lunatics too, so that makes it even better.

Oh hood pins are installed. That went well, surprisingly easy to do, although if you cared about the car you were working on you might have a harder time figuring out where to drill holes in the hood for the pins to pass through. I simply installed the pins at what I gauged to be tall enough and slammed the hood down on them, then drilled holes in the dents. Brilliant!

I also went on a Baja excursion with the car and drove it through a muddy rutted field that repeatedly bottomed out the suspension and slung shit all over the car. Making it even more awesome was the stuck 3/4 Dodge that I drove around. Too bizarre to make that shit up.

Here lately I have taken to eating at Applebees because they are open late. The closest route for me though is to drive through the parking lot of the Clarion hotel, so I drive under their portico at about 35-40 mph on a regular basis. I make sure to do it in 2nd gear so the Ass-Pyre is noisy as possible with the heat shield rattling like a bastard. I also may or may not have the windows down fist pumping out the window screaming "Whhhhhhhhoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!! !!!!!" as I go past.

As you can see it is now a high performance car with superior cooling as the grill no longer obstructs airflow, and the hood pins keep the hood from flying up at the triple digit speeds the car now easily obtains.

I keep the wig and the jorts in my locker at the crew complex just for driving the car. I have to change out of my hooded sweatshirt, and stocking cap. I do keep my sunglasses on, and of course the beard.

No GWIM wears those items of clothing everywhere because that is his style. Besides I don't have a sweet REO Speed Wagon t-shirt with cut off sleeves like GWIM does, so I can't hope to match his awesomeness.

Archived