LegacyGT.com

Driven: 1995 Ford Aspire. Automotive greatness.

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 months later...

That is mighty tempting. Would have to take time off for entry, and of course convince my two other buddies that it is time to put the car on the track.

Would be massive fun until it blew up though.

Another amusing incident with the Ass-Pyre, involves the reapplication of some gay pride stickers by one of our friends who works out of Sheridan, WY down to Gillette. At any rate for a few weeks the car was rocking some sweet rainbow stickers, one of which proclaimed: "So gay I can't even drive strait", and the other a rainbow hand making a peace sign.

We of course drove the car about not caring at all about the stickers, most people don't notice so who cares right? Well about a week ago in a Walmart parking lot I was approached getting out of the car by a guy who evidently was behind me on the street, and I am guessing saw the stickers. Pretty sure he wasn't of the heterosexual persuasion. Not a word was spoken by either of us, but he was clearly headed over to talk to me and his gay-dar must have told him that I am not gay so we both enjoyed a comfortable silence before I went in to buy a can of soup and some yogurt. Didn't see him go in the store, so I assume he decided to go elsewhere.

While hilarious in retrospect, I was then compelled to scrape the stickers off with a knife. Not because I don't like gay people, but because in Gillette, WY gay people are probably not numerous and it is probably hard enough to find other gay people to have butt sex with without us advertising being gay when we're not.

Another amusing incident with the Ass-Pyre, involves the reapplication of some gay pride stickers by one of our friends who works out of Sheridan, WY down to Gillette. At any rate for a few weeks the car was rocking some sweet rainbow stickers, one of which proclaimed: "So gay I can't even drive strait", and the other a rainbow hand making a peace sign.

We of course drove the car about not caring at all about the stickers, most people don't notice so who cares right? Well about a week ago in a Walmart parking lot I was approached getting out of the car by a guy who evidently was behind me on the street, and I am guessing saw the stickers. Pretty sure he wasn't of the heterosexual persuasion. Not a word was spoken by either of us, but he was clearly headed over to talk to me and his gay-dar must have told him that I am not gay so we both enjoyed a comfortable silence before I went in to buy a can of soup and some yogurt. Didn't see him go in the store, so I assume he decided to go elsewhere.

While hilarious in retrospect, I was then compelled to scrape the stickers off with a knife. Not because I don't like gay people, but because in Gillette, WY gay people are probably not numerous and it is probably hard enough to find other gay people to have butt sex with without us advertising being gay when we're not.

Dont like being a cack tease?

• 1 month later...

Well my buddy who was the title holder on the car has signed it over to me. So now I am the owner of the Red Ass-Pyre of power and panty dropping.

His teenage daughter made his insurance rates go up. So now I own the car. **** yeah.

License office was not terribly impressed with my getting the car for free though. They couldn't get the computer to accept a sale price of $0.00...

Maybe it was the ass-pire itself attracting him?

You need to get the little family stickers in rainbow colors. That would really confuse.

That would be funny. Little gay children maybe even a little gay dog.

couldn't find a site that did multiple colors... however, this would probably offend most? :hide:

penguinfamily.gif.fdebeccd3b25c7a5c27797c104a94f02.gif

• 5 months later...

The little car continues to perform. Still never has had an oil change in the time we've had it.

Had some high school kids totally digging the bicycle inner tube exhaust modification. Nice to see some young kids appreciate the fun that can be had with cars, instead of being obsessed with smart phones and social media. There might be hope for future car enthusiasts yet!

Actually not that many, maybe 5K, but all short trips. The big problem is finding time to do the work. I might get in at 00:01 and get called out on my rest at 11:30, never having time to get the work done.

Plus it uses oil so we add oil as needed.

Archived