LegacyGT.com

North-East OHIO 2.5GTs ? Sighting, GTGs, etc.

TSiWRX

^ How the heck did I miss you, indeed? :redface:

Either I was too busy playing with the countermeasures, or my brain was addled from the noise made by my new studded tires! :lol:

Wait....was I heading westbound? If so, I may have missed you, but my daughter did not. She said something that I though, at the time, was cryptic: "why is that car flashing its lights?"

I'll be darned if she wasn't spotting!!!!!! :D

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You were headed in the direction of the roundabout. Trader Joes and all those resterants would be on your left. We were in that last traffic light intersection just before it turns 35mph again. You just proved what I was saying earlier. A white legacy stock or modded can blend into traffic. Edited by Merc6

^ One of the things I love (and conversely, hate, too!) the most about the BL/BPs is that the'll just blend right in.

Well, that's unless you've got two giant driving lamps on the front.... :lol:

Hum....going the other way, in the afternoon, I would not have had Anna with me: her grandparents are out towards Orange, and that's the way I was headed. Would've been around 3 or 3:15 PM, right? :)

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

^ LOL, I'm totally clueless :redface: - hum...AM hours, I would have been dropping off Anna, but if there was an alert on my detector (which you visually confirmed :)), that would've meant that both Anna and I were looking in the direction of the enforcement vehicle. That might explain why I missed you. :redface:

• 3 weeks later...

Quick question for Notheast Ohio folks: does anyone know of any legacy GTs in junkyards locally? I'd like to find a stock intake/MAF tube/etc. for our 08 to replace the SPT intake.

Or...is there anyone who'd like to trade their stock intake for our SPT straight up?

TIA.

Haven't used them yet but will if the parts are still there. Newest Pull a part has is 97's and on the forums a car gets totaled someone buys the whole car.

http://www.pamsauto.com/default.aspx

Quick question for Notheast Ohio folks: does anyone know of any legacy GTs in junkyards locally? I'd like to find a stock intake/MAF tube/etc. for our 08 to replace the SPT intake.

Or...is there anyone who'd like to trade their stock intake for our SPT straight up?

TIA.

any reason you want to take the intake off? I have an 08 and may be interested.

any reason you want to take the intake off? I have an 08 and may be interested.

It's my wife's car, and the most it's ever going to get is a mild (cobb stage 1 or equivalent) tune as it's an automatic and I don't really want to have to beef up the transmission (valve body mods/more cooling) to deal with higher boost levels. From what I've been reading it seems like the intake doesn't net any gains at these levels unless you tune specifically for it, which I'm not interested in doing at this point.

What precipitated these musings is a CEL that showed up and went away before I got a chance to read it, and a bit of reading that indicated that the intake _could_ be a cause. Obviously since it happened when the car was cold it could also be a mild vacuum leak or one of a few other things, but I'd like to eliminate the intake as a possible cause.

FWIW it has the heat shield as well, and I'd be up for a direct swap if you're interested.

There is the rain/car wash cel that I get with my intake. The maf gets wet and sends the voltage cel. Too bad you can't get it before it is erased completely. Were these cels after a puddle, Drive thru under body spray option car wash, or in my case it rains hard enough that it goes into the hood scop and ends up in the filter element?

^ Definitely a possibility - more probable on certain intakes than others....I honestly don't know about the SPT.

The common raining too hard cel I got was from the water entered the scoop and ran down the intake to the filter somehow. It wasn't coming from below. Now with the radiator swap I have nothing blocking the passenger corner of the radiator but I switched back to Blitz Grille/Airbox mod for winter driving. The car wash one was under carriage option almost all the times unless it had that 2 second delay where the front tires already pass the jets before it starts. I saw the bypass but a lot people had issues of it dry rotting over time and breaking off into the induction system.

Damn! :eek:

I've honestly had no problems with my Perrin SRI / home-made heat-shield / factory front "ram" setup.

I wonder if there isn't something else contributing to your CELs. That's really pretty severe.

I hear of a home depot planter mod. People tell me to search for a banned members post somewhere on this forum. After a hr I gave up and avoided puddles or a full underbody carwash option. Hose @ home leaves way too many waterspots on the car when I wash it there.

I hear of a home depot planter mod. People tell me to search for a banned members post somewhere on this forum. After a hr I gave up and avoided puddles or a full underbody carwash option. Hose @ home leaves way too many waterspots on the car when I wash it there.

^ It's usually for the AEM cold-air, but here it is, anyway:

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/aem-cai-owners-question-yoos-60399.html?highlight=aem

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/aem-moisture-shields-69658.html?t=69658&highlight=AEM+CAI+shield

I can't find fweasel's flower-pot mod, but I know I've seen it before....sorry :redface:

You know, I've honestly never had trouble with my Perrin combo, and have only heard of a handful - maybe less - of others of the same issue as you're running into, without a true "cold-air" setup, which makes me think that your problem may have a secondary component to it....

I even favor running one street around my area, which sees significant rainwater build-up off the crown, ostensibly to "test" :redface: various of my tires' hydroplane resistance, and I've never had any issues. Even before I crammed a second water-container down there for an IC sprayer, even with that huge gap, it was never an issue.

Are you still running the factory aero undertray/splash-guard?

Yep the splash guards are on. was told w/o it the scoop would lose efficiency. Engine cover is no longer on and same results. Never drilled the tabs on the Perrin top mount so It was just there possibly hiding a few rows of the TMIC. Bracket removed for it when I took the alt off on belt changes 3 months ago. I think it was the diamond cuts where the turbo gets air from scoop. Tune has me closed loop for half throttle so I'm pretty much spot on with thread #1. Edited by Merc6

Man, these BL/BPs are so friggin' variable, it really frustrates, sometimes! :(