LegacyGT.com

North-East OHIO 2.5GTs ? Sighting, GTGs, etc.

TSiWRX

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The access port came with a couple of maps. A valet map, a anti theft map, and a stage 1 tune map. Pretty much like I said. I record data, send it out, they adjust air fuel ratio/ rpm/ throttle position/ wastegate/ boost/ pulse/ mass air/ trim/ volts. COBB ACCESS port is amazing! Shows error codes, quarter mile times, psi, volts, lots of cool stuff.

As for the meet and greet. I'll have to swing on up some time!! I used to work Right down the road from there!!

Edited by Turbo-bo

Welcome to the community, Turbo-bo! :):D

I'm out in Chardon every once in a while, mainly to drool over the M1A I've got my eyes on, at Top Gun Supply. :) My original plan was to make that happen this coming month, but I'm now looking at some accessories for my Remington 870. Decisions, decisions!

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

The access port came with a cupple of maps. A valet map, a anti theft map, and a stage 1 tune map. Pretty much like I said. I record data, send it out, they adjust air fuel ratio/ rpm/ throttle position/ wastegate/ boost/ pulse/ mass air/ trim/ volts. COBB ACCESS port is amazing! Shows error codes, quarter mile times, psi, volts, lots of cool stuff.

As for the meet and greet. I'll have to swing on up some time!! I used to work Right down the road from there!!

AP V1? Back when I had one of those I tried the Valet and economy maps out. The only thing is you pretty much had to already have that map on the car before you went to the restaurant/hotel/event. How much faster was the V2 with loading maps? V1 you pretty much started it and walked away for a beer and make/eat lunch.

Cool man welcome to the site. Did that kit come with AP maps or did you get protuned?

We meet on thursday evenings at the quaker steak and lube in valley view as part of the forced4s club...you should come some time

-Evan

AP V1? Back when I had one of those I tried the Valet and economy maps out. The only thing is you pretty much had to already have that map on the car before you went to the restaurant/hotel/event. How much faster was the V2 with loading maps? V1 you pretty much started it and walked away for a beer and make/eat lunch.

To be honest I'm not really sure what Access port. I'm assuming second Gen. Loading maps is a breeze. Only takes a minute or two. As for changing the maps, I haven't really played around with it to much. From what I'm told (could be wrong) I can be driving on stage one, and change my map on the fly to stage two or three. Once I get more involved with it I'll let you know how it is.

Still have to say. It makes understanding your car a lot easier. All the read out are right there!!

And let me tell ya. Me and my friends went through one hell of a time dealing with ECU problems and ERROR HC codes!!

Some how we shorted out the car and put it in protection mode. There was no crank, no spark, no anything. We checked the grounds, we checked the fuses, I finally sent my ECU out to COBB because I thought I fried it. Turns out there was a scrambled signal (that's what they said anyways.) So I put it back in.....turn key....NOTHING. So finally I have it toad to a friend who knows A LOT about cars. He looking and looking for info, anything on error AC. So he's going over the fuse box. Takes all the fuses out at once (I took each out individually) So he take them all out puts them back in...........starts right up. Only thing we could figure is that there was residual electricity telling the ECU to stay in protect mode. Who knows??? I could be way off, but that's what we had to deal with! Huh....and I have a degree in TV/radio.....maybe should have gone into automotive!! Lol

Damn, Turbo-bo, that's quite a tale to get your car going again! :)

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

Sorry to hear that. Been busy with all of my school work to show back up. I got that code and my car ended up in Cherry Hill Subaru(Less than a minute from SOA). Of all the dealerships I been to that has to be the best one. $1000 later I had a new pcm and a car I couldn't drive like I wanted to till I got the new ECU tuned for all the parts on the car. The AVO WGA was the main issue cause w/o a tune it wanted to hit 26 psi on the VF 40 in 1st gear.

Anyone know of a wrecked gt around us? Im looking to swap my engine over, as its about summer, and as a student I have too much spare time. I even have a spare way to get around lol. thing I should ask first is it even possible to put a newer gt engine into an older legacy like a 2003?

Good luck I haven't found much for my blown engine. From all the rebuild nightmares I been hearing, going brand new route this time. When my car spent it's annual visit to body shop there is no J yard of parts near so brand new was only option. Seems like when one gets totaled they get purchased and vanish in the wind. Newest I seen in any yard is 97 and it was a skeleton. One place I got stuff like seats was pams auto but they hit you with freight charges and a nice drive to pick it up from Fed Ex Hub.

• 1 month later...

spotted: Black GT Wagon, suspension/brembos/exhaust (at least that's what I noticed) in Brecksville and on 77 last Sunday afternoon. If you're on here, nice wagon!

-Jamie, who was driving his wife's white GT (mild suspension/exhaust) at that time.

^ Now at Hoggy's, across the street. :)

http://www.hoggys.com/locations.cfm?id=6

Hey Evan, you gonna be on the mats on Sunday? I'm hoping to make it - currently may be having some child-care issues, but I won't know for-sure 'till nearly last-minute. I'll definitely be there on the 24th of July, for Knife Combatives, and I'm trying to get my schedule sorted out for FP1 (I want to repeat it) on August 13th.

And I just picked up a LMT CQB16. :) Time to sign up for training on that, too.

Happy Father's Day, everyone!

Edited by TSi+WRX

Hey Evan, my Sunday's cleared - I got child-care. :) Hope to see you at Ron's!

Man, I'm gonna get beat-up so bad. :lol: It's really been nearly 20 years since I last saw the mats, up close. :)

Evan, the class this weekend's been cancelled. Too many people cancelled out. :(

I'll PM you, too, just to be sure that you see it.

^ ROFL. :lol: Not the meet - just a local H2H seminar. Evan and I both have taken various firearms classes from this instructor, and we'd made plans to meet up again at the H2H.

^ Whoa! :eek: TX wants $200? Man, I thought that they'd give it to people free down there - along with a longhorn steak dinner! :lol:

---

What? - If you're reading this thread, bro, I saw your sedan in Mayfield Heights yesterday at around 11:30 to noon-ish. We were in my wife's silver '09 FXT. :)