LegacyGT.com

North-East OHIO 2.5GTs ? Sighting, GTGs, etc.

TSiWRX

Intake's spoken for, incidentally, unless someone tells me why we shouldn't be able to swap an 05 intake onto an 08.

Happy Holidays fellow northern Ohio folk! When it warms up we look forward to meeting some of you. In the meantime if you see a slightly-lowered (eibach/koni) 08 SWP with an SPT exhaust that'd be either myself or my wife :)

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Merc6 - I would agree with you on that, most certainly. My hearing's so shot, though, that if you blindfolded me or otherwise swapped, I honestly don't know how consistently I'd be able to test towards that. :lol:

sl1200 - Glad things worked out for you! I've never tried a cross-fit, but FWIW, my wife's '09 FXT's intake tract looked nearly identical to that of my '05 LGTs (the "water jug" resonator was somewhat different), hopefully, you'll be just fine! Best of luck!

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

TSi once you get to a area of the world where more than one legacy exist You get to ride in a few to compare vs our area where we get lumped into nasioc. In Va and Md we had LGT meets and sometimes we joined the Nasioc crew.

Sl1200 if you see a 05 white Legacy with black wheels its most likely me. Newer with black wheels its Berkshire. If you see anyone else GL cause they aren't on the forums.

TSi once you get to a area of the world where more than one legacy exist You get to ride in a few to compare vs our area where we get lumped into nasioc. In Va and Md we had LGT meets and sometimes we joined the Nasioc crew.

^ That's definitely true - although I keep forgetting to think that way. :)

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

^ That's definitely true - although I keep forgetting to think that way. :)

Put it this way...

This is was taken just after the process of putting another SWP LGT not in the picture back to stock before insurance company comes back for it. 3 modified LGT same color in one area here would upset the earths balance. We had 4 in one area.

n630720650_1905575_9025.jpg.f680db0ff0c99767da5452215d6002c2.jpg

^ :lol:

The other problem, here, at least - particularly prior to the BL/BP's change-over to the BM/BR - is that even if we were able to get 3 of the same, together, two surely would be driven by AARP members. :lol:

I likely won't :redface: - moving the lab :( :(. Supposedly, the space is nicer, but I don't think I'll get my nice window view any more! :(

Forget windows get a mac! J/K I'm night shift I'm the opposite. I hate windows cause it's usualy a room near an outside wall vs a inside center floor plan "warmer" room. That and when the lights are on in the room it feels like it invites everyone from outside to just look in @ you. There is no shades @ work.

^

^Welcome. Anyone going to 1st thursdays meet QS&L next week?

Doubtful. we'll be out when it's warmer and comfortable to look at other folks' rides.

In other news ours threw a CEL again on Xmas. Stopped at a stop light, about 2/3 of the way warmed up (had been running for 6-7 minutes). Rough low-ish idle for a few seconds, and on goes the CEL. I re-set the car because I didn't want to look at the blinking lights for 5 hours of driving to PA, but I'd guess it was some combination of lean + misfires. Sounds a lot like someone else on this site with an 08 who ended up replacing intake manifold gaskets. Some morning in the near future I'll have to go looking for leaks in the intake track

If it happens there find a autozone and get a "Free" hook up with a scanner to check it. With these cars, cruise control will bring any neglected CEL back and disable cruise control. I'm always afraid to find out whats gonna happen when I use it. :lol:

For the winter months we go "look rally armors cool....lets go inside I need a beer to warm up!" Summer is more cars, events, give a ways and such.

Forget windows get a mac! J/K I'm night shift I'm the opposite. I hate windows cause it's usualy a room near an outside wall vs a inside center floor plan "warmer" room. That and when the lights are on in the room it feels like it invites everyone from outside to just look in @ you. There is no shades @ work.

^ :lol: Peeping Toms FTL!!! :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
^

^Welcome. Anyone going to 1st thursdays meet QS&L next week?

Yeah I can make it tonight, are you going?

Happy Holidays fellow northern Ohio folk! When it warms up we look forward to meeting some of you. In the meantime if you see a slightly-lowered (eibach/koni) 08 SWP with an SPT exhaust that'd be either myself or my wife :)

Holy hell, another NEOH SWP LGT? We absolutely must convene the SWP LGTs at some juncture. Your wife drives it...is it 5EAT or 5MT?

We will try again next month. Till then we are still playing it by ear for the snow rally event. At the end when we were warming up the cars we were entertained by the people who mistake the dead end for an exit.

^ :lol:

Even funnier because I did that the last time it was near-white-out over here on the east side, in the Highland Hills/Beachwood Bed Bath & Beyond parking lot. :lol: My daughter and I were both like "WTF?" :lol:

Holy hell, another NEOH SWP LGT? We absolutely must convene the SWP LGTs at some juncture. Your wife drives it...is it 5EAT or 5MT?

slusbox :( wifey doesn't drive manuals. we'll def. have to convene at some point before too long though. I rarely see another SWP on the road, but over half the people in this thread seem to have them. :lol:

They do it day night rain snow it doesn't matter. They will almost run us over to get to this dead end.

:lol::lol::lol:

• 2 weeks later...

WTB 05-06 LGT close to the Cleveland area.

Must be manual.

Preferably stock.

Wagon would be cool

Also, if you aren't selling your car; I would love to drive/ride in one(I'll get you a 6-pack/ice cream sandwiches/spicy chicken nuggets,etc) Shopping for a somewhat rare car isn't too easy in January.

PM me.

Thank You,

Scott

ps. also checking out similiar year and condition wrx's

Edited by iwantasubaru