LegacyGT.com

North-East OHIO 2.5GTs ? Sighting, GTGs, etc.

TSiWRX

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Merc6, since you're an '05, my old Tactrix cable should work for you, for both datalogging as well as reflashing.

It's still with LERSOC, I'm not sure if Milkman (Sev, WRB WRX, in Cleveland Heights) still has it, or if it's already been passed off to someone else. Go ahead and make a post on LERSOC asking to be passed along my Tactrix cable, whomever has it last is obligated to pass it along. :)

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

Now I have to remember my user, password, and email account used for it. Was this a laptop or a AP cord? I ditched my AP back in the day for open source.

When I look for software and cables I end up with stuff like this in my search.

http://www.scantool.net/scan-tools/elmscan5-compact.html

Laptop. USB, IIRC.

I'll start a thread for you on LERSOC as well as on Forced4s. :)

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

^ :lol:

Yep, IIRC, you can use the AP cord, for datalogging w/RomRaider on the non-CAN vehicles. Not sure about reflashing, though.

Merc6 - Shane on Forced4s contacted Sev, Sev's still got it.

He offered to drive it to my place tonight, but that would do you no good. :lol:

PM me your cell number and full name. I'll call him tomorrow, and give him your cell, so that you guys can hook-up. :) He's a good member of the community and has my trust, he'll come through for ya.

^ I just now sent your info. to Sev. Sorry, been a crazy day - our 10th Anniversary is coming up, and I've kinda gone all-out. :)

Sev actually just txt'ed me to say that he got my message. He should be contacting you shortly! :)

-----

berkshire40 - I favor the on-ramp over by the Mariott in Beachwood/Highland Hills. Kinda a risk from enforcement, but traffic in the off-hours is typically light. Scout it out ahead of time to be sure there's no camped enforcers, and you can do a pretty decent blast at very low risk. Slight incline helps, too.

When I used to datalog all-out runs, I used to go during the day, on weekends, early.

Traffic pattern there is nice enough that if you get on the highway going the opposite way to scout, you can get back around in enough time that there's little chance of encountering a problem, particularly if you looked over your shoulder, behind you, just as you came into visual range of their typical trap encampment. You'd still be at illegal speeds when that happens, but if you backed-off right then and there, you're not likely to face anything more than a speeding ticket, since you shouldn't be "hyper-legal" - well, unless you're pulling something close to 450 wHP. :)

forgive the subaru noob, but do you need 3rd or 4th gear to do logs, or can a pull through 2nd do? If 2nd will do and you're on the east side, map hamann pkwy in willoughby. Industrial pkwy, 1/2 mile plus dead straight and flat. I work on that street and I've used it on weekends in the past to "sort out issues" The bad: map the willoughby police station when you map it.

3rd gear is my downfall. I have to reach a certain threshold and mph before 3rd is usable. WOT it goes limp noodle till it reaches a certain speed. Then it feels like I just launched a manual car @ 5k rpms. The current tune I'm on puts me closed loop at less than 1/4 throttle.

Ok got some issues that sound like it could be a cracked ringland in cylinder 2.

How do I post data logs here?

Who local can help me do a compression check/listen to the nasty metallic noise(that doesn't sound like another blown turbo)?

Oh damn. :(

IIRC, you'll want to attach as Excel .csv - that's what's in most of the "Tuning" sub-Forum posts.

As for a local, your best bet, I think, would be with BigMike on LERSOC.