LegacyGT.com

Turbo 2.5i?

hi i was wondering what would i have to do if i wanted to make my legacy into an i model the reason i ask is that gas prices are getting high and the turbo means that this legacy doesnt get good gas mileage i was almost going to buy a pans..prius but thought awd would be better for florida and i was hoping i could get similar gas mileage but the turbo kind of kills that lol

so wat can i do does anyone make a kit to turn my legacy into an i modle or how about making it into a hybrid do kits like that exist

thanks

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

I havent heard of anyone trying to from turbo to n/a, but i think your best/cheapest bet would be to trade you car in so a 2.5i. your car is probably valued higher than the 2.5is so you be getting money up top and also save on gas

Yeah Bacs, I'd say the money you would invest in changing the motor to a 2.5i would take you 5 years worth of driving to make up the difference in the fuel you'd save.

I understand where you are coming from, as my daily commute is starting to kill me. As of late I have been driving the wife's elantra and she's driving my GT, her commute is 10 miles round trip, mine 80.

I don't think you could pull it off for less than $1k... at that rate, check out craigslist and pick up a cheap honda. It'll run with minimal maintence, get you good mileage, and you'll still have your Outback for bad weather and fun weekend drives.

The latter is where I am leaning, just gotta wait for some gangsta to need some money and pawn off their CR-X that they wanted to rice out (gotta get one before the riceing starts :lol: ) or a Metro is a good choice too....

oh... and this thread is going to become VERY EPIC... VERY SOON.....

edit: now that I reread this... and from seeing some of your other threads..... you are joking? right???

• Mega Users

Just remove the up pipe. It will be loud as shit and you probably will not save that much on gas, but you'll get rid of that annoying nuisance extra power...

or this...http://www.ecogeek.org/automobiles/1649

Ha, you actually get serious replies to this

Stoopid me for thinking this forum was for conveying serious questions and gaining knowledgable feedback from a community of enthusiasts and not a place to post up asanine questions just to see if someone will try to help and then mock them ..... :rolleyes:

I will try to be less helpful in the future

• I Donated
Stoopid me for thinking this forum was for conveying serious questions and gaining knowledgable feedback from a community of enthusiasts and not a place to post up asanine questions just to see if someone will try to help and then mock them ..... :rolleyes:

The general rule of thumb I use when I see these types of posts is, what is the OP's post count? If it's above double digits, I generally think it's a joke. If it's above triple digits, I know it's a joke. ;)

BAC, you beat me to this post. I was laying in bed thinking about it last night ;)

As a side note I'm thinking about removing my stock headers to get rid of the restrictions they place on the engine. What do you guys think about just running without any headers? Just straight from the engine to under the car. I know this won't pass smog but won't my car have way more power and spool way quicker? And that badass boxer rumble will be even louder FTW! it's like Haugzaust x100!!#$~

I'm going to go find a pair of needle nose pliers and see if I can get that header off. I'll be back later if I have any problems.

Also, will I need a tune for this?

can i just replace my turbo with a rubber elbow joint? That way the intake air will go straight to the exhaust, making it much more efficient. Taking out the turbo also saves weight, which helps the MPG too!

I'm thinking about removing my stock headers to get rid of the restrictions they place on the engine. What do you guys think about just running without any headers? Just straight from the engine to under the car. ...I'm going to go find a pair of needle nose pliers and see if I can get that header off. I'll be back later if I have any problems?

It might be hard to get the bolts out of the block with needlenose.I suggest a sawzall or cut off tool. Just chop the pipe as close to the block as you can get it.;)

can i just replace my turbo with a rubber elbow joint? That way the intake air will go straight to the exhaust, making it much more efficient. Taking out the turbo also saves weight, which helps the mpg too!

winning !!!

I was 0.

And I'm still a zero.

:lol:

Wasn't a jab at you, I assumed it was a joke from the get go. I hoped it was a joke anyway!

BAC, you beat me to this post. I was laying in bed thinking about it last night ;)

As a side note I'm thinking about removing my stock headers to get rid of the restrictions they place on the engine. What do you guys think about just running without any headers? Just straight from the engine to under the car. I know this won't pass smog but won't my car have way more power and spool way quicker? And that badass boxer rumble will be even louder FTW! it's like Haugzaust x100!!#$~

I'm going to go find a pair of needle nose pliers and see if I can get that header off. I'll be back later if I have any problems.

Also, will I need a tune for this?

full of win..

Archived