LegacyGT.com

Hybrid intake install...

yeah thats the ej25 one, the giant box to the right of the photo is the TQ box

this is a shitty google images photo of the one you want:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/b/b4/Australian_Subaru_EJ22E_engine.jpg

haha thats my ebay store listing and actually that came of my 98 legacy L ej22. may have been replaced before i got the car.....zeus the low voltage spike at low rpms u speak of could that be my problem w my bad mpg. should i take my cone filter off and put stock filter box back on w k&n drop in? and my 96 j tube doesnt have the short tube coming off it by tb like the one in your pic

if you have the 2.5 in there now, you have to do some minor re-routing of the vacuum lines but its really as simple as not using one of the 'T' connectors off the hose itself.. which is fine since it doesnt actually open up to let air inside it tube.. its literally just a molded in bypass..

how long ago did you affix the cone filter? i would reset the ECU and see how your MPG goes

Right now I have half the hybrid intake I still have the big rectangular black box on connected to the throttle body and I'm looking to delete the box and run the intake piping from maf sensor to the throttle body like most of you have done I'm having a hard time though locating the cheap eBay intakes and I tried searching for legacy and impreza intakes back to the 96's-99's can someone help me out and point me in the right direction please

Thanks I was on nasioc site reading some stuff and came across an article that tales about cai and sri and all that from what I gather the sri even though it sucks in hotter air from the engine bay it doesn't run lean for our n/a legacy's like the cai would as I said it was in an article that I read can anyone agree or disagree with that?

if you have the 2.5 in there now, you have to do some minor re-routing of the vacuum lines but its really as simple as not using one of the 'T' connectors off the hose itself.. which is fine since it doesnt actually open up to let air inside it tube.. its literally just a molded in bypass..

how long ago did you affix the cone filter? i would reset the ECU and see how your MPG goes

I have stock jpipe for my 2.2 and have been running cone filter on it for few months now been having same problem whole time it wont let me put pics on here but I could email them or text em to ya to show u what my set up is

• 3 years later...
this is a shitty google images photo of the one you want:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/b/b4/Australian_Subaru_EJ22E_engine.jpg

I just bought "1995 96 Subaru Legacy Outback AT Air Intake Cleaner Filter Box Assy OEM A53FA02" off eBay, $60 included map sensor and half the airbox lol. Will recycle (who am I kidding, I will turn around and sell them).

I've attached the pics from the listing which adequately show that this is the same intake hose we're looking for, along with the ports on bottom... My point is, it was listed as an intake for the Legacy/Outback, so possibly the 95-96 Legacy/Outback is also a source for this intake piece. :D

----==== also of note ====----

I looked up "Subaru A53FA02" and that appears to be the box and/or box with map sensor but without the "j-hose" or whatever we're calling it. So that's not really helpful. If anyone knows the part number for the hose please chime in!

1.thumb.jpg.0f5776ae1f6695fed0b190514e81de87.jpg

2.thumb.jpg.df0025295ce404ce4db88a59a0845476.jpg

• 7 months later...

Archived