LegacyGT.com

Rebuilding Bilstiens?

dbrunone

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
to get back on topic , i like the way the bils are inverted & have du bushings w/ a big ol fat tube up top adding to rigidity , once they are valved to spring rates that really work in these cars , a killer combo

p.s. i'm no engineer but i'm no dumbass either

IMO, the only real downside to Bilsteins is the higher ride height in the front.

For reference, I actually sold my OEM bilsteins to a member who had planned on rebuilding them.

lol

btw sharp , every time i see it ............

if your car is as in your avitar i think you need stiffer rear springs

That pic is full throttle in a turn where the drivers side is being loaded more because of the turn (its actually a pretty sharp turn, it was 3rd gear, around 40-45mph). They are Tein H-tech rears. Its looks much different when parked :)

lol

I picked up a set of JDM rev B a couple of years ago. The fronts needed rebuilding as they clunked. Sent them to Bilstien they were re-valved to a higher damping rate and a few bits I cannot remember anymore were replaced cost was 85 per strut. Combined with the JDM Spec B springs I have on there now the ride is incredible compared to stock on my 08 Spec B. As a side note my dealings with Bilstien US were great the tunaround time was very reasonable I think it was a week total from shipping to getting the struts back. I can only speak on my personal experience with them but they did a great job.

IMO, the only real downside to Bilsteins is the higher ride height in the front.

For reference, I actually sold my OEM bilsteins to a member who had planned on rebuilding them.

ME!!!! but i decided not too.. Not worth it anymore IMO... but they did come into good use as JERSEY FREAKIN ROADS SUCK COCONUTS...!!! :lol::lol:

Archived