LegacyGT.com

Rebuilding Bilstiens?

dbrunone

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
While that's not technically a dyno, its good to know that's how its done.

Take a look here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dynamometer#Types_of_dynamometers

why do ohlins , penske , wp , showa , bilstein , traxxion dynamics , le , works , race tach , elka , tein , rce , kyb & just about every other damper company on the planet call it a shock or damper dyno then ?

maybe the did not read the know all wiki thing eh ?

what does wiki call it ?

seriously doood , it's a dyno

We're arguing over terminology, so it doesn't really matter.

If you refer to it as "shock dyno" I wouldn't argue.

If you refer to it as a "dyno" I will argue.

Either way, I'd never seen it before so thanks for sharing.

As I mentioned a dynomometer measures torque of a rotating machine and nothing more.

lol

We're arguing over terminology, so it doesn't really matter.

If you refer to it as "shock dyno" I wouldn't argue.

If you refer to it as a "dyno" I will argue.

Either way, I'd never seen it before so thanks for sharing.

As I mentioned a dynomometer measures torque of a rotating machine and nothing more.

No, this is not semantics. The resistance of the damper acting on a rotating assembly is what is being measured. I do not refer to it as a shock dyno, the industry refers to it as such.

By virtue of being an internet argument it doesn't really matter, but a shock dyno is a dyno. Done.

No, this is not semantics. The resistance of the damper acting on a rotating assembly is what is being measured. I do not refer to it as a shock dyno, the industry refers to it as such.

By virtue of being an internet argument it doesn't really matter, but a shock dyno is a dyno. Done.

Actually the resistance isn't being measured. A force is being measured and resistance is calculated based on speed and force. But good to know that you didn't read your own link. Call it what you want, as an engineer I make sure my terminology is correct at all times. Maybe your profession doesn't require you to be correct all the time...

lol

Terminology is correct but you are wrong to say it's not a dyno. Reaction force or resistance, call it what you will but it is a dyno in the classic sense being used to quantify the damping effect of the shock.

You have no idea what my profession is, but then again you don't know how to admit when you are wrong either.

...and you are proving my point?

Well, if you were bright enough to understand, the statement infers that that the name of the instrument is a general term and not official. It is "generally" referred to as this.

I really don't want to or care to argue about this anymore. Again, its terminology and in the end doesn't matter. Thank you again for sharing the video and pdf.

lol

Well, if you were bright enough to understand, the statement infers that that the name of the instrument is a general term and not official. It is "generally" referred to as this.

I really don't want to or care to argue about this anymore. Again, its terminology and in the end doesn't matter. Thank you again for sharing the video and pdf.

ok , no more arguing , i just wanna know what that thimagig that the shock in the video is on is really called , please , by all means enlighten me as i am always willing too learn something new

ok , no more arguing , i just wanna know what that thimagig that the shock in the video is on is really called , please , by all means enlighten me as i am always willing too learn something new

We are not bright enough to understand that he - as an engineer - has never heard of it, therefore it doesn't exist.

Archived