LegacyGT.com

Anyone using the Exedy FJK1001FW Clutch/Flywheel Package?

TheBG

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have noticed that since I switched to this clutch and FW, my car will often stall on a very hot day at low speeds when I press the clutch (such as stopping at a stop sign). Not sure if that's just the FW, or combo of FW and Cobb Stage 2 93oct map.
Give a man a beer, and he'll waste an hour. Teach a man to brew, and he'll waste a lifetime.

Been using this kit, flywheel and all on a stage 2+ (infamous) build for over 25,000 miles now. Performs fantastically and is easier to drive (and I live in hilly Seattle). Zero stalling issues.

It does chatter a tiny bit when it is at max temperature. And I mean a very tiny bit- passengers can't feel it, and I bet less observant drivers wouldn't notice it either.

Get rid of that stupid ******* DMFW.

I have noticed that since I switched to this clutch and FW, my car will often stall on a very hot day at low speeds when I press the clutch (such as stopping at a stop sign). Not sure if that's just the FW, or combo of FW and Cobb Stage 2 93oct map.

Try resetting the ECU and then drive the car aggressively. See if it re-learns a higher idle.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Try resetting the ECU and then drive the car aggressively. See if it re-learns a higher idle.

I assume that I should do this during hot weather? My battery died a few weeks ago, and I still have the problem (not sure how warm it was that weekend, though)

Give a man a beer, and he'll waste an hour. Teach a man to brew, and he'll waste a lifetime.

I assume that I should do this during hot weather? My battery died a few weeks ago, and I still have the problem (not sure how warm it was that weekend, though)

Temp shouldn't make a difference...I think. I also think AP v2 can adjust idle ?

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

I need a more definitive answer - if anyone knows it.

According to the Exedy site, the FJK1001FW fits my '09 LGT (EJ255).

Amazon says it does NOT fit my car. And then another site says yes-and another no.

2 questions:

--Should I be taking Exedy's site info as GOSPEL?? (I tend to think I should)

--My motor is being switched from an ej255 (blown bearing) to a reman'd ej257. I know the motor will fit, but will the clutch fit the motor??

Help!

• 1 month later...

Amazon says it does NOT fit my car. And then another site says yes-and another no.

2 questions:

--My motor is being switched from an ej255 (blown bearing) to a reman'd ej257. I know the motor will fit, but will the clutch fit the motor??

Help!

Ignore Amazon. I wouldn't trust their parts matching system any further than I could throw Jeff Bezos with one arm tied behind my back (he's a small dude.)

You'll need to check the bolt pattern for the flywheel on the EJ257. I believe its the same but I'm not an expert by any means. Otherwise should work fine.

What again was needed for the flywheel to fit the legacy gt? Someone said something from a Wrx?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just the special torx head bit is all you need. You may want to replace those bolts with standard hex heads, I had them to replace but just ended up re-using the torx.

2 questions:

Help!

PM Underdog he will know and can sell you what you need. It really is that simple.

What again was needed for the flywheel to fit the legacy gt? Someone said something from a Wrx?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The single mass OEM FW needs the 8 FW bolts from the dealer or Underdog.

• 1 year later...
Need some help. Had a bad tob sound in my 05 lgt so i just went ahead and replaced the entire get up using the exedy fjk1001fw kit purchased from rock auto. After having a shop install the kit, a day later it is making the same bad tob sound (screeching sound coming from trans when clutch is out and goes away when clutch is pushed in). The shop seems to think i was just supplied a bad tob with the kit but i was just curious if anyone else had this issue after install? Exedy states that they test every bearing for over 200 hours to ensure Is there something else I should be looking into instead of the tob? The tech never mentioned anything about the trans snout being damaged so I don't believe I need the Tsk3 kit or do I? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Archived