LegacyGT.com

EFI Logics Subaru Meet March 26th

max6spd

The Dyno at EFI is the heartbraker. It reads a little low. Nobody has to make any excuses. A lot of us have been there.

I agree, but even on a low reading dyno I was expecting closer to 250 hp and 280 tq. Chris was nice enough to log each pull for me though as I had my logger running so I was able to see just how bad it was.

Attached is a quick shot of the pull charted in the airboy sheet. The thicker lines represent my best pull on the dyno while the reference numbers are very typical of what I normally get on a pull. You can see she was running like shit though. The 4 and 5k regions were where I was trying some more agressive AVCS mappings rather than tapering to 0 there and it seems fairly clear that it doesn't like that. :)

IMG_20110326_180618.jpg.5caf693325d086b2b891ea7271c5ec19.jpg

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is not to bash EFI. I just think it's fact about that dyno. I think Chris is the best tuner in the NE and maybe one of the top in the country. He has a great crew. Every time I have had any service or tuning at EFI I'm 100% satisfied.

I have had more than 35 years of performance work done and I still can't turn a wrench but I know how a vehicle should perform. I have had other shops take all the fun out of great vehicles and mods.

The entire idea behind owning these types of vehicles is to have fun.

I'm sorry to ramble but when Chris opened his shop I had 08 Forester that I had basic set-up done in highly recommended other shop. I had a full Cobb exhaust,VF43, injectors, SPT intake, STI top mount, fuel pump and AP. The Foz ran better then stock but not what I expected. I was going back and forth with the other tuner. He basically wanted to sell me more parts to solve the problem. He said the tune was fine.

I drove 70 miles to EFI and just wanted some pulls. Chris ended up retuning the Forester.

My base-line tune was: 221/230.

My EFI tune was:: 269/336.

This was just a retune and no new parts were added.

Chris had found 48whp / 96 lbs of tq.

Incredible!

That's awesome. I don't think anyone is bashing EFI here. In fact, almost everyone on here in the Tri-State/NE area recommends Chris and EFI for tuning. And yes alot of people have said their Dyno is a heartbreaker.

The raffle was a super success. Thanks to many members who bought a lot of tickets. I never expected you guys to step up to

this level. You all did a wonderful thing. I just called the donation in to THE

NEW YORK RED CROSS. The total amount donated was $805 split between Haiti and Japan.

Also thanks to the vendors who donated the prizes, EFI, North Coast Subaru, Rally Armor,Tintmax, SMY Clustermaker,JNA,Subtle Solutions, and Jason Frank Detailing

Wow - That thing must be crazy since it's so light. My Cooper will be there soon :) It's still totally stock but I'm getting an AP and a DP. That will be my spring time gift after the clutch and TB on the Leggy.

I want a ride in that thing :)

the volvo is a beast mike, nice and flat tq curve! my forester made 215/260 @ 15psi.

thanks! I don't know boost, I have to datalog, but I think it will top out at 17 psi.

also here is the vid- adam you have nice commentary at the end of 1st pull

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45sK63qfsHE]YouTube - 3-26 Volvo C30T5 STAGE2 DYNO.mov[/ame]

MAYHEM

#122/22 STS NNJR SCCA

AUTOX4U.COM

XENON RETRO GUIDE

Wow - That thing must be crazy since it's so light. My Cooper will be there soon :) It's still totally stock but I'm getting an AP and a DP. That will be my spring time gift after the clutch and TB on the Leggy.

I want a ride in that thing :)

anytime, but i seriously need an LSD...

i might change to a full ingen intake and do quaife LSD, but that's about it for the c30 i think. I might dyno it again after that to see. I don't expect too much more out of it on a stock turbo.

MAYHEM

#122/22 STS NNJR SCCA

AUTOX4U.COM

XENON RETRO GUIDE

LOL couldnt hear the commentary but the power curve is very nice!

keep in mind EFI's dyno reads way low and the tune's claims are totally true. on a dynojet you would have seen over 300wtq and about 250-60whp no problems. but numbers are just that, NUMBERS. the power curve and driveability is what really matters! those swedish dudes knock it out of the park for a OTS tune.

LOL couldnt hear the commentary but the power curve is very nice!

keep in mind EFI's dyno reads way low and the tune's claims are totally true. on a dynojet you would have seen over 300wtq and about 250-60whp no problems. but numbers are just that, NUMBERS. the power curve and driveability is what really matters! those swedish dudes knock it out of the park for a OTS tune.

MTE is the only tuner I know of that actually has the same bosch equipment as Volvo and can completely write software from scratch for any of their ECUs. They maintain all of Volvo's safeguards in their tunes as well. They definitely lived up to it and iPD has direct communication with the tuner in Sweden which got my newer ECU programming issues solved in days! I just wish they had better logging capabilities, but they seem to know what they're doing.

MAYHEM

#122/22 STS NNJR SCCA

AUTOX4U.COM

XENON RETRO GUIDE

Archived