LegacyGT.com

Fix Report: Gas Smell (Again) & Whine at Start Up

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
course it was like 5 deg out this morning. wooooo!! man did my car smell when I opened it up while it sat to warm up. found turning the recirc off helped.
258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

man i have the same problem, I tightened the clamp last winter and it solved the problem. But then it came back again this year so i replaced the hose section and 2 new clamps. But the problem still persists in another area, that i or my mechanic cant find after 3 trips to the garage!

You may have to lift the intake manifold and flip it over to find the leaking clamp.

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x40/92Si/DSCN4748.jpg

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Just go to the auto parts store and buy a length of 5/16" (7.9mm) Fuel INJECTION hose and fuel injection clamps. Note that regular "fuel hose" is not for fuel injection pressures. Naturally, the good stuff is more expensive.

No. Will keep the DD in the above freezing garage and let the spec b sit in the deep freeze. Maybe I'll yank the manny in the spring when I plan to update

the "blue T" with TurkeyLord's barb-u-lator....

You may have to lift the intake manifold and flip it over to find the leaking clamp.

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x40/92Si/DSCN4748.jpg

• 9 months later...

Its a little job. I talk about it in my click here link in my sig.

I removed the whole thing as a unit.

You'll need to drain some of the coolant.

remove the turbo coolant tank.

tmic, leave the hose on the TB.

Fuel lines from the shock tower.

8 bolts, four on wither side for the TGV's to head

a few electrical connectors and vacuum hoses.

While its off repalce the o-rings between the intake and TGV's.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Archived