LegacyGT.com

Woke up this morning to see...

My hood slightly propped open and my car not starting. Not sure if there's any correlation, but from my understanding someone wouldn't attempt to access anything under my hood to steal my car...? And anyone have any idea as to why my car wouldn't start, electronics worked so I don't think it was the battery and didn't see anything visually, not by any means experienced, however. Does a light come on when the hood is open that could have killed by battery and the hinges don't appear to be broken on the hood latch?

Thanks,

Buzz

No light comes on.

May be check the fuses in the box behind the battery, any missing or blown. Not all the hole have fuses, thou.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

My first guess was that someone stole your battery. I've heard of that happening in cities pretty often, actually.

I don't think the LGT has ever had an underhood light from the factory. Do you have all fuses in place and in the right rating? It could have been some of your "friends" playing a joke on you by pulling some much-needed fuses.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

The immobilizer sounds like a potential explanation but when I came home from school the car actually started. Before there was no power, not even a sound while turning the key. I'll look into what actually happens when the immobilizer is enabled....anyway thanks for the help guys

Or someone did swap battery with you and threw in their old battery.

QUOTE]

That's my new guess too.

And I also have had a dead battery work after I shut the lights off, came back a few hours later and the car started.

If you not sure about the battery, have it checked or for $80.00 at Walmart put a new one in.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

The immobilizer sounds like a potential explanation but when I came home from school the car actually started. Before there was no power, not even a sound while turning the key. I'll look into what actually happens when the immobilizer is enabled....anyway thanks for the help guys

Usually the immobilizer will stall the car out by cutting fuel and prevent further cranking.

since your in jersey and we've been haveing this cold weather. my car had trouble starting on monday because it was so cold. I almost had to jump start it. my battery is the stock battery so its 4 yrs old. i will be changing it soon. if you have the original battery its way over the life expantancy on the average battery.

I have been know to accidentally catch the hood latch with my feet when getting out of the car, resulting in the hood partially opening. Can't help with the no-start though....

What are you doing to get out of the car, crazy gymnastics? :lol:

I have been know to accidentally catch the hood latch with my feet when getting out of the car, resulting in the hood partially opening. Can't help with the no-start though....

What are you doing to get out of the car, crazy gymnastics? :lol:

I have actually also done that. And it may depend on the design of your shoes if that happens or not.

453747.png

Or someone did swap battery with you and threw in their old battery.

I think that sometimes the immobilizer can get out of sync, but even then the car shall crank.

A battery thief that was considerate enough to install their old battery??? How nice. :rolleyes:

If there is a problem with the immobilizer the starter will not engage.

A battery thief that was considerate enough to install their old battery??? How nice. :rolleyes:

If there is a problem with the immobilizer the starter will not engage.

You never know - some thieves are pranksters... And a swap would make it less obvious.

If the starter engages or not depends on the specific immobilizer implementation. Some actually lets the car run for 10 seconds and then cut the engine.

453747.png

Archived