LegacyGT.com

Custom intake

I got my intake pipe yesterday. It's an OBX CAI pipe. They are on Ebay cause they have an overstock of the pipes so it was 35 bucks but has ALL of the necessary ports which is what sold me. I need to trim it to fit for my hybrid setup but it has 3 PCV ports and one bigger port for the IAC. I need to clean the inside around the ports out as there is some weld slag in there but other wise it looks great! I'm excited to get it in!!! I've got a K&N panel filter in the mail and a new catch can to put it with it.

*If anyone wants to convert their SRI to a CAI I am gonna get rid of the CAI section for dirt cheap!

IMG00285.thumb.jpg.80fdb063a3f1faacd93009a61dccd41b.jpg

IMG00284.thumb.jpg.6d9ec14797a7067cc4639d6e475c16bc.jpg

IMG00283.thumb.jpg.d7bd3d8a36349de6addb28e7590ee6ee.jpg

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ya might as well for how cheap they are and them having all the right fittings. Usually the generic ebay intake pipes have 3 small ports that you have to adapt for each line but the ports on this OBX pipe are all the bigger size and the IAC port is like 5/8" instead of a 1/4" vacuum port.

I'm gonna run this pipe into my stock air box with a K&N panel filter and keep the snorkus in the fender to prevent MAF voltage spike, but I'm going to mod the section of the snorkus that returns into the engine bay so it is only pulling air from the fender.

Yeah thats a pretty good way. Most of the ones I have seen only have two adapters so its good you found one with three. Make sure you give the Idle bypass line a big enough connector or it will run like $hit.

I havnt had any problems with mine at all yet. After driving a few weeks it is apparent that its had a significant power increase above 3.5K.

I have just the CAI section of pipe for sale. It's the pipe from the MAF into the fender. I should have some pics of my intake installed hopefully over the weekend. I got all the lines and fittings I need to plum it. Now I just need some motivation to do it in the cold. Lol...

So I wanna clarify...

You said

(1)T-Bolt Clamp for 2.75": $2.60

(4)T-Bolt Clamp for 3.0": $2.60x4 (or 6)

(1)T-Bolt Clamp for 4.0": $2.60

Heres the thing... I counted differently in your pic. Can you help clear this up?

Yellow is 4" clamps

Red is 3" clamps

Orange is the 2.75" clamp

Where am I missing some? And dont you need TWO 4" clamps?

013.jpg.7fddc4d6c32d7d8979fa92fc2a4a046b.jpg

So I wanna clarify...

You said

(1)T-Bolt Clamp for 2.75": $2.60

(4)T-Bolt Clamp for 3.0": $2.60x4 (or 6)

(1)T-Bolt Clamp for 4.0": $2.60

Heres the thing... I counted differently in your pic. Can you help clear this up?

Yellow is 4" clamps

Red is 3" clamps

Orange is the 2.75" clamp

Where am I missing some? And dont you need TWO 4" clamps?

Wow dont know how that happened but your 100% correct. Fixed the post. Thanks for the assistance.

also, can you show links for the vacumn hose pieces? Im not quite sure what I need to look for exactly.

Im assuming you mean the connectors for the vacuum hose. I updated the post with pictures of the connectors. Thanks for your help in this post. Glad to see someone else is going to try it.

I went to Lowes to try and find some connectors for all my lines and found brass 1/2" and 3/4" elbows for like $1.xx each and a 1" to 3/4" adapter for the IAC which was also less then $2. I'll get some pics this weekend of how my lines are run and of the adapters/elbows. But I would try Lowes first as they do stock the parts you need so you'll save on shipping.

I went to Lowes to try and find some connectors for all my lines and found brass 1/2" and 3/4" elbows for like $1.xx each and a 1" to 3/4" adapter for the IAC which was also less then $2. I'll get some pics this weekend of how my lines are run and of the adapters/elbows. But I would try Lowes first as they do stock the parts you need so you'll save on shipping.

Yeah I figured you could find them there. Nice job.

Videos are uploading. Might take a min.

It does sound beastlly. You should hear it in person. Its much more organic. Its not invasive either. If you want you can drive it and barely hear it.

Lol I might do a 0-60 when I get a wrx motor in it :)

This car will be my next project after my other car is done.

That was much quieter than I expected. If I get anywhere between 50%-100% throttle, you can definitely tell it's not stock. Maybe I'll have to look at it again, but I've been told by alot of people that my car is loud when I get on the gas heavy...I'll evaluate it carefully tomorrow. AHH GLAD TO BE HOME.

Yeah its super loud in the cabin. My cusin is not into cars at all and as soon as he got in he was like "why is your car loud". Im going to make a new video with someone helping me and it will probably be louder because there wont be as much vibrating.

Archived