LegacyGT.com

Custom intake

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...

Alright here is the order from silicon intakes. This is a strait 3inch design except for the filter. I dont see any reason not to go with the 4inch filter but if you decide to do that then you will need a different one than i specified.

(1) Silicon Reducer 90 bend 3.00 - 2.75

(1) Silicon Bend 45 bend 3.00

(1) Silicon Strait Coupler 3.00

(1) Silicon Reducer 4.00 - 3.00

(2) Stainless Steel Joiner 3.00

(2) 1ft 10mm vacuum hose

(1) T-Bolt Clamp 2.75

(4) T-Bolt Clamp 3.00

(1) T-Bolt Clamp 4.00

My total was 92.52

All my other stuff came from ebay

Using my original design (with the 4inch middle) moves the torque curve a bit high on the rpm for most drivers. I like it but most people like the curve a little flatter. A strait 3inch design with a 4 inch filter might just be the perfect all around design.

Something else to keep in mind is if you make the intake shorter or longer than my design this will also mess with the torque curve.

i dont get this.. mine came out to 98 and thats without the vac line and 4 to 3 reducer. wtf

and the aluminum is alot cheaper for a 2 foot vs a 2 foot piece of sil. 15$vs50

For sure aluminum pipe is much cheaper. Is your price with shipping? mine did not include shipping.

I looked into that vacuum port splitter tube above when i was doing my intake but it is only for 1/8" NPT fittings and that seems a little less than adequate for proper vacuum to the PCV lines. And it is definitely not big enough for the IAC line.

• 1 month later...

So I got all my parts in... but I am missing something. My K&N filter doesnt join with my 4" to 3" reducer. How did you get yours to work???

Looks like I need a 4" joiner... any suggestions on where to pick one up other than siliconeintakes?

Which K&N Filter did you get? See I got a 4inch filter and a 4 to 3 joiner and I was able to get it to fit. Mind you its quite snug but it does fit well once its on. Post the part number of your K&N filter and I might be able to help.

Pictures would be good too.

• 1 month later...
k, didn't see this covered, but there won't likely be any benefit from the larger middle section, any increase in velocity in the smaller section will be countered by the decrease in velocity going from the MAF to the larger section. they reason a velocity stack works is it is drawing from a larger volume of air into a smaller. I am not sure how the system you are trying to copy works, but it may use a carefully engineered resonator chamber or just be snake oil like the "vortex generator" things people stuff in their intakes. you MIGHT be able to make this work if you put a larger MAF in, but you would still ned a bit more engineering. in my opinion, once you put any kind of SRI/CAI on your biggest restriction is going to be your TB, and it will only flow a given amount of air at a given vacuum. it is a cool idea, but I am not sure it will stand up to physics.

Archived