LegacyGT.com

How deep of snow has your leggy taken on and won?

Nothing funnier than passing tons of 4x4 suv's trolling through the snow as if they're going to spin out of control. I drove out of my drive way easily with 10+" (mind you my drive way is over 200ft long at a 60° incline on the side of a mountain. :p)

It drove just fine on all of the unplowed roads followed by some nice awd donuts.

I know our Subarus can plow through but man I'm always thinking about that bumper/fog lights. I was just enjoying tonight when I jumped in my Ranger 4x4, and just drove through the snow mounds. More ground clearance & steel bumpers ftw.

While I agree with the bumper arguments... unless you have a lift with large tires, chances are your Ranger has just as much ground clearance as a stock Subaru due to the axles.... Maybe the LGT is a little disadvantaged, but I'd take a stock Outback over a pickup anyday.

I haven't had a chance yet to see heavy snow in my LGT, but I took my Impreza through 8+ inches and passed quite a few SUV's and Trucks spinning and sliding with their RWD biased 4wd :lol:

While I agree with the bumper arguments... unless you have a lift with large tires, chances are your Ranger has just as much ground clearance as a stock Subaru due to the axles.... Maybe the LGT is a little disadvantaged, but I'd take a stock Outback over a pickup anyday.

I haven't had a chance yet to see heavy snow in my LGT, but I took my Impreza through 8+ inches and passed quite a few SUV's and Trucks spinning and sliding with their RWD biased 4wd :lol:

Yes the D35 TTB axle does plow snow, but still more clearance (31" A/T's), you also have to remember while lowest point on the truck is the "ground clearance", the increase clearance under the belly gives less chance of high centering. Two years ago I was getting on a highway, the plows had gone by and left a 3 foot snow mound on the entrance ramp and all the cars were backed up because they couldnt try it. The truck, I just pushed through the heavy chunks, subaru's paint would not have faired well.

I prefer the Subaru in all but the deepest of snow, it does particularly better when the snow is patchy where I can not use 4x4 in the truck but have the awd in the Subaru. I went back & forth on getting another truck or the LGT. LGT, better mpg, faster, better handling. Truck better offroad, cargo carrying. I think I am going to like the Subaru even more this winter now that I put snow tires on it, I missed the deep lug digging from the truck.

And remember folks, a lot of times its not the truck/SUV's fault its stuck/spinning/sliding.. its that nitwit behind the wheel.

http://inlinethumb62.webshots.com/31997/2744324140052327601S600x600Q85.jpg

And remember folks, a lot of times its not the truck/SUV's fault its stuck/spinning/sliding.. its that nitwit behind the wheel.

Don't forget that many trucks do have a manually engaged 4WD and the nitwit behind the wheel don't get the idea that it actually can be engaged on snowy roads too and thinks it's for strictly offroad use.

And then - too many persons thinks that the same set of tires works all year around. Especially on trucks since tires are expensive.

453747.png

Archived