LegacyGT.com

What kind of watch do you wear/own?

rporter

The only real problem I hear about Invicta is their customer service after the purchase. I have read horror stories about it.

haha ya, you pretty much buy the watches "as is", you're better off trying to repair them locally if it's an issue that can be addressed. otherwise it's kind of like roulette :)

that's why you spend the money for the big names.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does anyone have any Invicta watches? Ive been looking at them the seem like nice quality for a lower price. The Reserve collection seems better it has swiss movement not the jap stuff.

Yep, I've got three of them that I mainly bought for work. I was wearing the SS Submariner and the Tissot SeaStar 1000, as they are SS, but these work out just fine.

The red bezel one was $80, the Tag knock-off was $69, and the black Ocean Ghost (yeah, crappy pic) was $119 (wife got me for Xmas).

They are all the Citizens automatic movement. They work just fine!! If they crap out, they will hit the trash, as the servicing cost will be greater than their worth. Last service on the Rolexes was $375 each, but that was 5 years ago. I won't buy a quartz watch.

IMO, an excellent choice in an automatic watch for knocking around.

323500370_Invicta603245mm-921040mm.thumb.jpg.eef8cca36b4ea06c4f99123cc7fad2e1.jpg

758748084_InvictaOceanGhostIII7114212-27-2010.thumb.jpg.06ee7b023c39ef4e18708e1bb72be589.jpg

Ron

Yep, I've got three of them that I mainly bought for work. I was wearing the SS Submariner and the Tissot SeaStar 1000, as they are SS, but these work out just fine.

The red bezel one was $80, the Tag knock-off was $69, and the black Ocean Ghost (yeah, crappy pic) was $119 (wife got me for Xmas).

They are all the Citizens automatic movement. They work just fine!! If they crap out, they will hit the trash, as the servicing cost will be greater than their worth. Last service on the Rolexes was $375 each, but that was 5 years ago. I won't buy a quartz watch.

IMO, an excellent choice in an automatic watch for knocking around.

They use movements from Citizen...? Are you sure? I have kind of a hard time believing that Citizen would do that. I'm definitely not an expert by any means, but it seems to me that the only thing that sets Citizen apart from other watchmakers is their Eco Drive solar tech. Not sure how tightly interwoven that is with the actual watch movements the company uses, but I would guess that the company wouldn't split the two up.

Then again I have absolutely no idea whether Citizen makes its own movements or simply adds the Eco Drive components to an existing movement that it gets from a supplier.

They use movements from Citizen...? Are you sure? I have kind of a hard time believing that Citizen would do that. I'm definitely not an expert by any means, but it seems to me that the only thing that sets Citizen apart from other watchmakers is their Eco Drive solar tech. Not sure how tightly interwoven that is with the actual watch movements the company uses, but I would guess that the company wouldn't split the two up.

Then again I have absolutely no idea whether Citizen makes its own movements or simply adds the Eco Drive components to an existing movement that it gets from a supplier.

Yep. The Japanese 21-jewel movement in the Invictas is from Citizen.

Automatic > quartz every time.

They are solidly made, and IMO great quality for the $$$. I still like my Rolexes, Porsche Design, and Tissot better, but for a beater watch, and ones that have gotten more positive comments than the others, they can't be beat.

Ron

hmm interesting. i didn't know the invictas had citizen movement either. that makes me a bit more likely to keep purchasing them.

Yo can also buy them with a Swiss movement, but they're about $200 - $300 more. IMO not worth the difference, compared to other watches availble in the same price range with Swiss movements, like the Débaufré or Tissot:

http://www.debaufre.com/

Ron

http://www.bulova.com/en_us/watch/bulova/marine-star/98c004

Picked this guy up yesterday at Macy's. They were running a special on designer watches @ 20% off and if i opened a charge with them i got another 15% off so i got it out the door for $290. Couldnt pass it up. I love the style of this watch and its a nice weight also. I was a big bulova fan a few years back and since then got rid of all mine so i figured this would look good with the collection.

it replaced this one.

http://lh4.googleusercontent.com/public/6dR7E7ahlQ8va1wacl_mfnir66JMktvXG3zoB0zC0Jb4KyzP5kBuYYfqefmpf65gRAq7InMmCrKTKN3u9UeKoyvJZ3uOiPOYFjN3Er3A-I7wYNq2qjOIVAvLb1ZPbqlKlmiBtk93tghd2x5PtVTl4ffSCQkKtYc5PJTP-_LJh8sa3s3bG52Al7PpbGoSnPOEzouwxsi0eg

Wearing Omega from 1978 today.

Please admire my collection - a models from 40s, many from 60s. A solid gold Omega (1st on left top) and Longines to the right. Really like the Omega seamster in steel, 2nd on right top.

A few Russians - like 1980 olympics Poljot and gold plated Wostok next to it.

DSCN2593.thumb.JPG.01cca6da2290a46e5f22233dc599f6f5.JPG

DSCN2592.thumb.jpg.c803bfb987ced8d29601448585c2ddea.jpg

Hope the posting works now!

Currently wearing Omega from 1978 - refurbished 2 years ago.

Please admire my collection. A solid gold Omega and Longines from 40s. A very rare Longines from early 40s. A favorite of mine - Omega Seamaster in steel. Tag Carrera is there as well but the Cortebert automatic is a treat. The Russian Poljot from 198o Moscow olympics and a gold plated Wostok. Hope you like them!

DSCN2593.thumb.JPG.3ae0b95d4dff4034906e38ba6739d602.JPG

DSCN2592.thumb.jpg.40269bbfec5d13099d4f83d405df1db7.jpg

they're interesting in terms of style but if you're in a professional environment they a bit out of place.

i think for casual wear they aren't bad.

I have two nixons myself, and I have the same opinion. I bought them for style, and I do wear them casually. Every time I reach for one before leaving for work, though, I have to stop myself and go for one of the Citizens instead. They are just too...I dunno, JV?

Formal occasions are another matter entirely.

Archived