LegacyGT.com

Who else loves their TrueTune (311Logan311) Tune??

keithk831

Just to chime in, on some of the questions asked:

Salt Lake City has such a large Subaru community, it's hard to spend a lot of my time on this forum. This is not intentional, by any means, as this forum is focused on the car I drive, it's just the demand of wrx/sti's around. We have a lot of negative factors, in SLC, for making safe power. Poor air quality, 4000-7000ft elevation, 91 octane, huge temperature fluctuations, ect.

There is no magical method, or means I use to tune. The stock turbo's are pretty limited, especially when paired with our stock TMIC. I do tune more than boost, wgdc, timing, MAF ect.

Generally, I try to make a map for what the customer is wanting, as far as goals of the tune. I use my wideband, when needed, have learned to dyno tune on the only Mustang AWD dyno in Utah (Cobb's is in Texas now). I do not run timing at dangerous levels and recommend using 1 step colder plugs for stage 2 and over Subys. I do offer road and etunes and have tuned cars all over the world.

If anyone has questions/concerns, please let me know. I am happy to answer any.

I didn't start this thread, or ask anyone to do so. I'm fortunate to have such a strong, loyal fan base.

Thanks for all of the positive remarks!

P.S.

I also have not blown anyone's engine and hope to continue being a part of the tuning community. :redface:

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Keith, I have not needed to adjust my maf. Although, it's nice to see numbers above 220g/s :)

Yeah, I remember struggling to get over 200 when we were tuning my car on 16.7psi over the summer. I can hit around 205 now in this cold weather.

Reason i'm asking is when I graduate next year we might move to sea level. Interested to see how the tune is affected, if anything at all.

• 5 months later...
Logan skipped town, left some people hanging, and hasn't made a peep in months. Shame since he was a good tuner.

Ahh that sucks!! I just referred him to a friend of mine... Who else out there other than him (Logan) and Infamous1 that does e-tunes? Anyone else on this forum?

Thanks

JP

I picked Infamous because he showered the forum with tuning discussion and information, and has a very impressive reliability record. Just saying, there's a way to the top :).

This is what I'm taking out of this whole thread. It's been less than a year and Logan has been a disappointment.

This is what I'm taking out of this whole thread. It's been less than a year and Logan has been a disappointment.

Logan's tuning showed far better results than the Infamous tune I had. Too bad the positive reputation he was starting to build just went to waste this way.

Logan's tuning showed far better results than the Infamous tune I had. Too bad the positive reputation he was starting to build just went to waste this way.

Yeah but what makes someone a respected and reliable vendor is not doing the things that Logan did. Who cares if he gave 6 people a good tune? At the end of the day he took money and skipped town.

I'll toss in some good info on other road/etuner in the rocky mtg region. In Denver we have Eric w/ Torqued Performance. He sells etunes all over the world and has road tuned my car stg 2 on 91 and e85. The guy is great to work with and appears to be in it for the loan haul. Plus his customer service is top notch. So if anyone is interested look up Torqued Performance or PM me and I'll gladly give you his info. He is also on this forum and listed my road dyno up on a previous post in a diff forum.

• 5 weeks later...

Hey guys,

It's been interesting reading through this thread. I did not mean to vanish, but depression and a divorce will do that to you. It's hard to express the circumstance you are in over a forum, nor is it appropriate. I am living back in California and have started tuning again, because I really enjoy it. If anyone has a bad taste in their mouth, I am sorry. When the person you are devoted to hates what you do for a living, it's hard to keep it all together and maintain a business. That is behind me now and I hope this explains why I have been MIA for so long. Thanks. Also, I no longer check my scoobytuning email, so if you have sent me something via that address, I did not receive it. I actually have no idea the password! It was a painful time in my life, but am better.

For those who I have meet, I hope this makes sense and know that I am still me, just a happier version

Logan

Infamous has been around longer, but longer doesn't always mean better tunes. I can personally speak to that, as I learned that the hard way. Logan has a good record, plus this is his full-time job (not a side job).

As for fearing timing, I don't know why you would. If it's done right, then you have nothing to fear. There are plenty of shortcuts to bring power...but that's why so many WRXs develop low compression and need an engine rebuild :spin:

What happened with your Infamous tune?

Hey guys,

It's been interesting reading through this thread. I did not mean to vanish, but depression and a divorce will do that to you. It's hard to express the circumstance you are in over a forum, nor is it appropriate. I am living back in California and have started tuning again, because I really enjoy it. If anyone has a bad taste in their mouth, I am sorry. When the person you are devoted to hates what you do for a living, it's hard to keep it all together and maintain a business. That is behind me now and I hope this explains why I have been MIA for so long. Thanks. Also, I no longer check my scoobytuning email, so if you have sent me something via that address, I did not receive it. I actually have no idea the password! It was a painful time in my life, but am better.

For those who I have meet, I hope this makes sense and know that I am still me, just a happier version

Logan

Glad to hear youre better. Dealing with a curveball is never good times.

• 11 months later...
Hey guys. Just reading through this old thread. Things are going very well for me now; remarried and couldn't be happier. Again, I'm sorry for not being reachable when you needed me. The job I have is requiring me to move back to the SLC area at the end of the year. I have no expectations from anyone to welcome me back with open arms, but I'm more than happy to rebuilt my reputation. I'm not here to advertise myself, I just want you guys to know I'll be an active part of the community again and look forward to the future. I will be happy to answer any questions here, or PM. Thanks.

• 1 year later...
Just a quick update. I am tuning again on the side and really enjoying it. I am thinking about becoming a vendor again, but would like some feedback. If there's enough interest, I'll probably jump back in officially (NOT as TrueTune!). I will likely start a new website and jump in with both feet. Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Archived