LegacyGT.com

Who else loves their TrueTune (311Logan311) Tune??

keithk831

I'm happy to post logs; never said I wouldn't. But asking for the "secret ingredients" (to use the food analogy) is a little much. What does Logan tune? The same things everyone else tunes. Timing, target boost, WGDC, MAF scaling, etc.

I'm happy to post up logs. I have been dinkering around with my MP compensation table lately so it's not perfect, but i'm sure it accurately reflects what Logan's tune looks like.

I'm all for transparency for the community, but there's also a limit to what you can post.

I'll get some logs up in a bit. I don't know if I have very many of my old logs (Logan probably saved most of my logs), but I have a few I can post.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's a recent 3rd gear pull. It's on my normal on-ramp, which has a slight incline. Temp was probably around 70-75.

Mods are a CNT catted DP, STi uppipe, tune from Logan, and a 1.2mm restrictor pill. I hit anywhere between 16 and 16.5psi, which is great at 4500ft elevation (the pill raised my boost by almost 1psi).

As it has been cooling off here in the evenings, there has been loads more power. I'll have to do a pull in 50-degree air in the coming weeks and see how that looks!

I was only able to do one run, but I got a 14.54 1/4 mile at Rocky Mountain Raceway in early September. Probably could have hit a low 14 if I had launched better. Temp was about 85: [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NjfzhLh7AR4]YouTube - 2005 Legacy GT Stg2 1/4 Mile[/ame] .

romraiderlog_20100923_214851.csv

dyno.png.c5a7e0e643f62e397aa4abbefe7b5d06.png

hum... i must have a freak OTS cobb tune then lol. that and im not use to that elevation difference.

Yeah, elevation kills. Atmospheric pressure here is 12.33psi.

I will say that when I was running my Cobb Stg2 setup with a gutted shorty and STi uppipe only, I logged 231hp/273ft-lbs. But that was in the middle of winter (probably 30 degrees out), and I had lots of knock (typical of the Cobb map).

I'm sure my numbers will be greater than that when it gets colder. But, again, 4500ft. Next time we go on vacation (maybe early next year), we might be going to Washington/Oregon. If I don't sell my tactrix cable by then, i'll have to do a 3rd gear pull :p

Nobody is disputing the advantage of a true dyno tune over a road tune or e-tune here.

I'll dispute that. :) I did almost all of my tuning without a dyno, and when I did use a dyno I wasn't impressed with the consistency from pull to pull, and I didn't like having a clock ticking while I was studying logs and thinking about what to do.

There have been times when I wished I had a dyno just for the sake of troubleshooting, but there's a lot to be said for spending an hour doing pulls at different boost levels, loading all of that data into a spreadsheet, and thinking about it for a while in a quiet place with a comfortable chair and nobody wanting a conversation with me at the same time.

I really like my day job, but if I wanted to get into tuning for money, I'd do most of it by logging pulls on the road and emailing back an updated tune the next day. It would take longer than dyno tuning, but the tune would be a lot more thorough.

I'll dispute that. :) I did almost all of my tuning without a dyno, and when I did use a dyno I wasn't impressed with the consistency from pull to pull, and I didn't like having a clock ticking while I was studying logs and thinking about what to do.

There have been times when I wished I had a dyno just for the sake of troubleshooting, but there's a lot to be said for spending an hour doing pulls at different boost levels, loading all of that data into a spreadsheet, and thinking about it for a while in a quiet place with a comfortable chair and nobody wanting a conversation with me at the same time.

I really like my day job, but if I wanted to get into tuning for money, I'd do most of it by logging pulls on the road and emailing back an updated tune the next day. It would take longer than dyno tuning, but the tune would be a lot more thorough.

Well said!

• 1 month later...

Dropping in a good word for Logan/TrueTune now as well. I initially had Logan tune my 06 LGT this summer before he got his business up and running. He put in lots of time and effort into getting my a powerful, safe map, and I have enjoyed driving it since with, as far as I know, no problems. I went by the other day to have the map looked and and he gladly offered his time to make sure things were a-ok (as well as directing my sorry ass to his place... lol).

I will definitely continue to recommend and go to Logan/TrueTune for my LGT needs in the future, and now with a mechanical shop, I will go there for those needs as well.

Thanks Logan!

Update: Raced round #1 of Wintercross @ Miller Motorsports Park today with approx 26 others. I was placed in the AWD class with 4 others. I raced against True Tune's WRX, a WRX wagon, an Audi S4 and an '89 Porsche Carrera 4S. I was on my recently acquired Continental ContiProContacts All-Season tires (planned on monsoon rains like the forecast predicted) while the others were on track tires (and mine were in my garage). Best 2 of 3 lap times combined time recorded:

3rd: True Tune WRX @233 seconds (track tires)

2nd: Porsche Carrera 4S @ 229 seconds (track tires)

1st: My Legacy GT Wagon on All season tires @ 221 seconds

Logan, YOU ARE THE MAN!!! I love my TRUE TUNE!

Update: Raced round #1 of Wintercross @ Miller Motorsports Park today with approx 26 others. I was placed in the AWD class with 4 others. I raced against True Tune's WRX, a WRX wagon, an Audi S4 and an '89 Porsche Carrera 4S. I was on my recently acquired Continental ContiContacts All-Season tires (planned on monsoon rains like the forecast predicted) while the others were on track tires (and mine were in my garage). Best 2 of 3 lap times combined time recorded:

3rd: True Tune WRX @233 seconds (track tires)

2nd: Porsche Carrera 4S @ 229 seconds (track tires)

1st: My Legacy GT Wagon on All season tires @ 221 seconds

Logan, YOU ARE THE MAN!!! I love my TRUE TUNE!

Nice! I wonder who the Porsche driver was...my coworker's husband has an older one he takes to MMP all the time.

That's why you just keep an eye on your tune. Logan will give you an LV for free whenever you want...or you can do it yourself with the OBDII cable and LV...

Infamous is not the only one that knows how to tune these cars. I'm sure he does great work, but why can't Logan do great work as well? As previously stated, Infamous has been around longer, but Logan is around to stay. It's his full time job

As with anyone new around here you "Logan" need to interact with

the people "potential customers". Help them with a tuning qlitch or

give knowlageable responces to give them some sort of direction.

Hang out and interact and you will gain there confidence :)

Dont use alot of .... "Heres the short anwser" Give the long version.

Its ALWAYS hard for someone new around here ;)

As with anyone new around here you "Logan" need to interact with

the people "potential customers". Help them with a tuning qlitch or

give knowlageable responces to give them some sort of direction.

Hang out and interact and you will gain there confidence :)

Dont use alot of .... "Heres the short anwser" Give the long version.

Its ALWAYS hard for someone new around here ;)

What? HuH? You got a complaint about Logan?

Logan's work speaks for itself. And his ability to fix other tuner's mistakes or incomplete tunes.

He also has a knack for detecting mechanical issues when the tune just doesn't stack up like it typically would.

For instance: plugged fuel filters causing fueling issues during a tune. Exhaust leaks causing issues during tune. Turbo inlet tube leaks and intake leaks causing issues. Boost control solenoids causing issues. Restrictor pill issues.

I had no idea how valuable switching restrictor pills were until talking to Logan about it. Gave me an extra 1psi from that alone.

• 2 months later...

Love the tune! The car runs really smooth now and he adjusted the psi as per my request to ensure my factory tmic isn't pushed too hard. We started out with me hitting mid 17s and now I'm running around 16.8. I also benefited from a smaller restrictor pill as keithk831 did. Between the pill and tune the car feels like it has new life.

Thanks Logan!

^glad to see someone else around here speak up about how good of work he does.

I drove a stock LGT a few weeks back and MAN I didn't realize how much more power I have. I acquired all of my mods gradually over the last 7 or 8 months so it was a little at a time with lots of revisions. I was glad to be able to compare the tune side by side to what I used to be and I was all grins when I got back in my car.

FYI I'm just fueling and a larger turbo away from Stage III now

Thanks guys, I really appreciate the support. I've gone through some tough times, the past few weeks. I am no longer associated with True Tune, which is still a bit of a mystery to me... But no need to get into that right now (no, I didn't blow someone's motor...at least not that I know of) . Tuning is my passion and I wouldn't be happy sitting on the sidelines. I take a lot of pride and personal accountability with each customers' car and I hope it shows. I wish there were more Legacy's around, as WRX/STi's have been the majority of my customers, but I love all Subarus. I'm not sure when I'm going to be back in Utah. I use to see LGT's everyday, in SLC. Zero here, so far. Only one or two WRX's.

Again, thanks guys.

Archived