LegacyGT.com

How long did your OEM clutch last?

vr4Legacy

How long did your stock clutch setup last?  

124 members have voted

1. 1. How long did your stock clutch setup last?

• 50k Miles - 60k Miles
    • 60k Miles - 70k Miles
    • 70k Miles - 80k Miles
    • 80k Miles - 90k Miles
    • 100k + Miles SUCKAS!!!
    • Upgraded before it blew
    • We use KM up here and I don't wanna convert for you eh!!

• 2 weeks later...
82k without a problem on my NA '06. My last Subie ('95 Impreza) was at 105k on the original clutch, also no problems, when I sold it. In comparison, I had a Civic that burned out at 65k, and a Golf that collapsed at 80k. (Actually, the Golf got a whole new ENGINE at 80k-- under warranty, unbelievable-- and we did clutch at the same time.)

• 2 months later...
I guess I've gone the longest - 165k miles. Clutch still isn't noticeably slipping, but I can smell it when I stop at a light. TOB is making noise too. Swapping everything out in 2 weeks. Car is completely stock - daily driver.

Damn this gives me hope. I'm stage 2 and probably going to be there for another year. Cars at 32k roughly and its still going strong. This is with learning how to drive on it, beating on it, and doing about half a dozen launches on wet roads and maybe 2 when its been dry.

276hp/347tq On a DynoJet

Dyno Video - Had a big lean spot as you can tell in the second pull

I think maybe these clutches were designed to be driven hard... it seems like everyone getting good mileage out of theirs doesn't drive it like a grandma worrying about the clutch.

But it seems everyone that go outs at less than 50k insists they babied their clutch and it should have never gone out!!

Of course maybe those that abuse their clutches just pay to play and don't whine when it goes out.. :rolleyes:

I think what some consider to be babying a clutch is actually riding it and letting it slip way too much, instead of letting off quicker and getting to full engagement.....

Just a thought.

• 1 month later...

Alot of people who baby their clutches simply mean they don't let it engage hard. They just slip it more to engage softly. That's not babying, though it may feel like it.

08 LGT - 61k miles - clutch feels fine. TOB has been making noise when cold since like 20k miles.

Friend at work has an 05 LGT - also stock - 78k miles on original clutch and TO bearing, no problems

and, for giggles, 2006 civic SI here with 102k miles on it - original clutch, etc.

Joe

Alot of people who baby their clutches simply mean they don't let it engage hard. They just slip it more to engage softly. That's not babying, though it may feel like it.

+10,000

Could not agree more.

My clutch just started slipping at 33.5K miles. Never launched it hard..

- 0-8,000 miles stage 1

- 8,000 - 25K miles stage 2

- 25K-33K stage 3 (VF43)

- 33K-33.5 (E85 Tune)

It was holding just fine until E85. :)

Mine just started to slip at 36k, only once in a while in 4th and 5th. Been stage 2 for 15k miles or so, I've launched the car probably about a dozen times in the rain and snow, and about twice in the dry.

276hp/347tq On a DynoJet

Dyno Video - Had a big lean spot as you can tell in the second pull

Archived