LegacyGT.com

2011 Kia Optima most loaded car in its class?

All I can say is that my Sonata 2.0T has not had an issue yet. I could not say that about my 2010 LGT with the same mileage and time of ownership. Also, I consider the Sonata a much nicer car to drive day in and day out. Very refined for the coin.

Also, the fact that Hyundai/Kia is going with a 6sp auto across the board is nice feature. So far the auto tranny is one of the smoothest I have had the pleasure of owning. I had a Saturn Aura XR 3.6 at one time and GM definitely had some programming and drive-ability issues with their 6sp slush box. HK definitely has this one dialed in and did their homework.

Go drive one!

DT

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Am I writing in a foreign language? My mother bought the Azera over five years ago. It had been on the market for a couple of weeks and she bought the first one the dealership sold. It's the one people always say not to buy -- the first year of a new model.

In that time it's received regular oil changes. That's it. Oh, and a battery about a year ago. Other than that it's been flawless. The bumper to bumper warranty (5yr) just expired and she's now left with "only" 5 more years powertrain.

The other Azeras owned by family members have also been perfect. They're in the Atlanta area where crazy commuting mileage is a daily thing.

Yep, a car made by Hyundai must be a big POS. The Excel left the building a long time ago.

Enjoy your Hyundai man but don't forget to post when you hit 150-200K. I yet to see one in a decent shape with over 100K.

Am I writing in a foreign language? My mother bought the Azera over five years ago. It had been on the market for a couple of weeks and she bought the first one the dealership sold. It's the one people always say not to buy -- the first year of a new model.

In that time it's received regular oil changes. That's it. Oh, and a battery about a year ago. Other than that it's been flawless. The bumper to bumper warranty (5yr) just expired and she's now left with "only" 5 more years powertrain.

The other Azeras owned by family members have also been perfect. They're in the Atlanta area where crazy commuting mileage is a daily thing.

Yep, a car made by Hyundai must be a big POS. The Excel left the building a long time ago.

Am I the only one that finds it amusing when Subaru owners talk down the build quality of other manufacturers? Don't get me wrong, I love my LGT but I would hardly consider Subaru to be building bulletproof rides with a reputation for outlasting the competition.
My VB Garage... Pumping the air back into despair

Most cars today do have a decent build quality - it's way better on average than what it was during the 70's and 80's where some cars disintegrated completely within 5 years.

Italian cars were notable for falling victims to rust in addition to smaller but annoying problems.

What will take out future cars will probably be electronics failures considering all the electronics that our cars are stuffed with. Especially lead-free electronics is sensitive.

However there will always be some failures in all cars due to various circumstances - there is a balance between economy in building the car and reliability. But it also depends on (ab)use and how well the car is maintained. Is the owner throwing a kiloton of money on wax, rims and styling or is the money put into oil changes, rust proofing and other kinds of stuff for regular service.

What will sell cars in the future is the experience for the driver, some drivers likes it soft others likes it hard. Some likes the extreme understeer that many modern FWD cars has others likes tail-happy like RWD cars and then we have those who likes to be in control of what they get - like the AWD drivers, and we see many driving Subies.

Lifestyle is probably controlling more of the buyers in the future. Cars may look similar on the outside - somewhat like shoes. But it's the fit on the inside that counts.

453747.png

I got my eye on this guy:

The 2011 Kia Sportage SX AWD, which sounds interesting because it's the same exact weight as my '09 FXT, but makes ~35 more hp and 43 lb ft of torque more, has a 6 speed auto, and gets better fuel economy. 260hp & 269 lb ft of torque, 6sp auto, AWD, 3400 lbs.

Pics:

http://i51.tinypic.com/2q18ndt.jpg

http://i51.tinypic.com/2ry52f7.jpg

My brother is looking at the Sportage's bigger sibling the Sorrento as a replacement for his 05 4Runner v8 sport AWD (a rare combination). It's got a more upscale interior than the Sportage and uses the same drivetrain.

My brother is looking at the Sportage's bigger sibling the Sorrento as a replacement for his 05 4Runner v8 sport AWD (a rare combination). It's got a more upscale interior than the Sportage and uses the same drivetrain.

Sorrento SX = 6sp auto + a 3.6 V6.

Sportage SX = 6sp auto + 2.0T I4.

Why can't or when will Subaru give us all the new tech and goodies like most manufactures have on there car like memory seats, rear passenger vents, heated/cooled seats, Hids etc. Or this one since Subaru always says how reliable they are how about a 10 year Powertrain warranty or 100,000 mile warranty. Kia and Hyundai comes with it why not Subaru. 95% of Subaru are still on the road they always say!

Why can't or when will Subaru give us all the new tech and goodies like most manufactures have on there car like memory seats, rear passenger vents, heated/cooled seats, Hids etc. Or this one since Subaru always says how reliable they are how about a 10 year Powertrain warranty or 100,000 mile warranty. Kia and Hyundai comes with it why not Subaru. 95% of Subaru are still on the road they always say!

HID:s are standard on Subies over here, so why you don't get them is a good question.

453747.png

the hyundai and kia looks way better than 2010+lgt imo. there was another thread where if subaru wasnt a AWD would you have gotten it. i personally would have not gotten my lgt since many cars out there offer better options for the price.

a car guy what makes a guy a car guy? as long as you love cars and want to learn more about them thats a car guy. i love golf but since i cant get into PGA im not a golfer? will i be considered a poser or something?

hyundai and kia is coming up selling more than most car companies out there so haters are gonna hate. another thing hyundai/kia has a factory in Georgia (America) that created jobs for many there. not like ford or gm thats moving out of the country to build uglier and non reliable cars and not paying taxes.

me and my friend agreed we would definitely buy one cause we love the way it looks, but the only thing holding us back is, its a Kia

yes but some people out there still dont know what a Legacy is ;) or even heard of Subaru:)

i would tell people to lease one and see how it is. like stated before no one knows the long term of these cars but who does keep a car over 10+ years rarely anyone does.

yes but some people out there still dont know what a Legacy is ;) or even heard of Subaru:)

i would tell people to lease one and see how it is. like stated before no one knows the long term of these cars but who does keep a car over 10+ years rarely anyone does.

Legacy/Subaru is different:p

I dont want to drive one because of what people say about it.

Where I used to live (SC) a new Kia dealership opened up in 02/03 and they were offering Buy 1 Get 1 free Kia Rio

They started off making cheap priced cars and now their prices are up there. Like when they came out with the Borego, full loaded SUV was over $50k, this model was short lived. Come one with the reputation they started out with no way I would buy a $50K Kia

If I where to drive a Subaru around and no one knows what make/model it is, its good. If I were to drive a Kia most people would know what a Kia is.:lol:

5eat downshift rev match:):wub:

Powder coated wheels: completed:)

well these days when you say "I drive a kia/hyundai" people ask "how is the car"? not "ohhh hyundai/kia so hows your day"!! lol

i heard about the buy 1 get 2 free thing haha.

its coming up so when they start making AWD watch out subaru haha btw subaru is sold in korea now and i think its doing ok on sales.

I got to drive a KIA Optima 2.0T today and I wasn't that impressed by it. It's nice but I felt that it straight line acceleration should be a lot better for something with +270 hp and the steering was really light but I guess it is an electric rack.

Anyways, in Canada they have them for 0 money down, 0% financing for 84 months which makes it an interesting competitor to a FWD Camry or Accord.

well these days when you say "I drive a kia/hyundai" people ask "how is the car"? not "ohhh hyundai/kia so hows your day"!! lol

i heard about the buy 1 get 2 free thing haha.

its coming up so when they start making AWD watch out subaru haha btw subaru is sold in korea now and i think its doing ok on sales.

Yea I'll give it a few more years when people start to forget and stuff

IMO if they do come out with AWD it would be AWD like the base model subies. But yea slapping on AWD will get it more attention

5eat downshift rev match:):wub:

Powder coated wheels: completed:)

Archived