LegacyGT.com

sticky power window switch

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Same here, feels like it is going to snap off. I'm going to try the WD40 tonight, it's really pissing me off.

I hope you didn't do this. WD40 isn't good for plastic and WILL make it worse.

• I Donated
so whats the fix? this is rather annoying. More so concidering work is soon going to a gated system that willr equire me to roll down my window and scan in to the parkign lots...

Yeah, that's my issue too. When I roll up to the gate and can't put my window down, that's kind of lame.

Someone will eventually have to pull off the assembly and look for loose connections or bad contacts, and apply a lubricant that doesn't eat plastic.

Hopefully someone will do this and post about it before I get around to it.

[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

• Mega Users

This has been covered and explained in rather vived detail....

The driver's window switch is constructed differently than the other 3 in its cluster

No amount of lube or anything else is going to fix it

Mine used to stick, then it kind of broke free but now I have auto down and up controls(suckers)

The reason it quits working is because when it sticks, it keeps the window motor running

The motor has a safety cut-off so it doesn't burn up and it stays off for 30 seconds or so

When starting the car, the switch has to be in the right orientation or it will trip the safety switch

The driver's window switch is constructed differently than the other 3 in its cluster

Mine used to stick, then it kind of broke free but now I have auto down and up controls(suckers)

The reason it quits working is because when it sticks, it keeps the window motor running

The motor has a safety cut-off so it doesn't burn up and it stays off for 30 seconds or so

When starting the car, the switch has to be in the right orientation or it will trip the safety switch

link?

[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

Solution?

• I Donated
I believe the solution at this point is replacement of the switch. Many try silicon based lube with mixed results, it helps, but it's not a fix.

That's what I was afraid of. How much is the switch from the dealer and/or online, if you know offhand? Or do you have a part number I could look up?

That's what I was afraid of. How much is the switch from the dealer and/or online, if you know offhand? Or do you have a part number I could look up?

Call or email or PM FredBeansParts.

And then let the rest of us know what they say.;)

Also, ask about a group buy, lol!

I would but I'm not the one considering buying a replacement ;)

Archived