LegacyGT.com

AVO Project Outback part 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm adding this to our online site right now:

http://www.avoturboworld.com/avoshop/turbokit-preorder-p-111.html

Basically, I'm giving you guys first crack at the pre-order bonuses.

I realize after looking through all the posts I didn't mention fueling. Basically, we don't think it'll work on the stock fuel pump and injectors, at least not on the Legacy/Outback 2.5i's. We moved up to a stock Legacy GT fuel pump, and 430cc injectors from a JDM 2.0-liter WRX. The stock injectors are roughly 265cc. With the larger injectors and fuel pump, we hit 65% duty cycle at max, and that was at roughly 4.5-4.7psi.

So you'll easily be running past 100% on the baseline map, and if you decide to tune the car for running at 6-7 psi (which it can), you'll get into the upper range on the larger injectors. And if you are planning to run e85 for some monster power and transmission munching torque, you'll need even larger injectors and fuel pump.

Both of those items are easy to source, and I'm sure there is tons of used Legacy GT/08 WRX/STI fuel pumps on the market, given how many fuel pumps I sell. But that's about it for the "necessary" upgrades. Other options, like cat-back exhausts, will be by your choice.

The turbocharger is capable of about 300hp, even though it does spool quite quickly. So there is plenty of headroom if you do choose to go for e85, or just want to push the envelope.

Currently, all tuning is via OpenECU - Cobb left us little choice on that matter when they dropped support for NA models. If they ever change their mind on that, we'll provide maps for it as well. So we'll be providing baseline tuned ROM's for your particular model.

As mentioned previously, all pre-orders will get either a free BOV or free MAF adapter/filter assembly. To clarify the reasons for that - the MAF adapter is just the 66mm aluminum MAF piece with 4" AVO air filter element. We are keeping that as an option because many people may already have a air intake upgrade of some sort.

However, the Silicone Inlet Pipe *is* included in all kits! That part is necessary for correct routing of hoses! It's a wire-reinforced silicone inlet pipe (similar to our inlets for the turbo models) designed specifically for the turbo kit. So any MAF adapter should slide right on it.

As for the BOV - well, at 4.5psi, a BOV isn't absolutely necessary. Sounds great, though! If you were running higher than 4.5psi (and I'm sure many people will), it will start becoming necessary.

So price breakdown is like this:

Pre-ordered Kits:

W/ free bov or MAF: $3200

Full kit (free item + optional): $3350

After pre-order:

Base kit: $3200

Base kit + BOV: $3400

Base kit + MAF: $3400

Full kit (both options): $3600

Please let me know if you have any other questions!

BTW, I'm based in Seattle - anybody in this general area can take a test drive of the Outback when time is available. I'll also be driving down to California for the final Redline Time Attack of the season on the 14/15th of November, so can showcase the car for people at that time too!

Regards,

Paul Hansen

http://www.avoturboworld.com

Just a quick question, I remember you mentioned in earlier posts now that you kind of an idea for "stages" for the 2.5i

I know they don't always mean anything, and can be made up but do you wanna define them for us?

I wanna start saying I'm stage1! ;p

Atleast it gives us 2.5i something to kinda work towards.

• 3 years later...

Archived