LegacyGT.com

Best sandwich at Subway

My Car

Coxx....in defense of others, some ppl don't have access to a real deal italian deli or pizzeria like we enjoy here in the tri-state.

Fair enough. I forget that sometimes. But as I said, if I couldn't get the real deal I wouldn't eat that stuff. To each their own I guess.

"Barack Obama, mothaf#%@a! Barack Obama! I'm the president...of hittin' the ass!" -this is not a political view it's merely a quote from a hilarious tv show.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A couple of my favorite combos are:

spicy italian: toasted, provolone, spinach, tomatoes (depending on how they look), banana peppers (critical), onions, green peppers, mayo, oil and vin, salt, pepper, oregano

oven baked chicken: toasted, provolone, spinach, tomatoes (again depending on their quality), pickles (critical!), green peppers, ranch dressing (critical!)

Tey used to have a "rib" sandwich which was my all-time favorite. Perfect with pickles and ranch.

All your subs suck. I'm a former Subway Sandwich Engineer / Subway Sandwich Artist.

My subs come out looking like the menu subs and done in less than a minute unless you get it toasted. :)

U cuts are the best cuts.

Coxx....I'll never forget the time when I ate my first real deal italian deli sandwich and pizza when I first moved here from Florida. It was clear as night and day the difference in taste...
"Gimme mines Balboa...Gimme mines".....Clubber Lang - Mr. T

^ Good choice, I love that one when im not worried about gaining weight LOL.

Chicken teriyaki with cheese lettuce onions pickles light mayo.....

That being said, I would rather eat some souvlaki chicken with roasted potatoes and rice with salad from jimmy the greek since it costs the same.

^ Good choice, I love that one when im not worried about gaining weight LOL.

:p

For sure - this is not a daily-lunch kind of sandwich!!! This is a couple times a year guilty pleasure like an entire hoagie filled with BRIE and PROSCIUTTO:eek: (Another of my favorites: eat one and you seriously can tell you lost a year off your life and not off the end either - you lose the CURRENT year:lol:)

Not being a smartass: What sort of cheese is good with chicken teriyaki? Swiss?

The normal cheese they have will do fine... I usually order it w/o cheese to maintain weight though.

The only reason I "kinda like" subway is the fact that its easy to keep track of how much calories you are eating, otherwise I go and pig out on grilled chicken LOL.

Roasted Chicken Breast: Italian Herb bread, Avocado, Mayo, Bell Pepper, and Swiss FTMFW. at least, when i feel like shitty-ass subway.

Sounds good, I would add Bacon and leave off the pepper though

If anyone lives near the UW district, then give Tubs Gourmet Subs a try. Best sub sandwhiches I've ever had. I used to live about 5 mins away, the day before I moved out of Seattle, I ate there for lunch and dinner because I knew I would miss the place that much. :lol:

♪Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery;

None but ourselves can free our minds.♫ -Bob Marley, Redemption Song

Fair enough. I forget that sometimes. But as I said, if I couldn't get the real deal I wouldn't eat that stuff. To each their own I guess.

So how big of a sin was it for me to have been in Manhattan all week and the only sub I got was an awful Subway sub, mainly because it was right next to the hotel? :lol: I probably could've walked half a block further and had better food from a street vendor. :lol:

Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them

-Ronald Reagan

Sounds good, I would add Bacon and leave off the pepper though

i forgot to mention the bacon. good catch! if i feel like some extra i'd throw some bacon on it and substitute the green pepper for some tomato or leave it off all together... some decent stuff right there.

Subway - Large Italian TOASTED W/ provolone cheese, olives, lettuce, extra onions, extra olives, light pickles and oil. Yum

Even better, skip Subway and go straight to Quiznos.

Quiznos - Large Italian W/ no tomatoes. Make sure to have them cut the sub BEFORE it goes through the toaster, that way you get twice the delicious crispy edges. Make it a combo with a Pepsi and some Miss Vickie's chips and you're golden.

So how big of a sin was it for me to have been in Manhattan all week and the only sub I got was an awful Subway sub, mainly because it was right next to the hotel? :lol: I probably could've walked half a block further and had better food from a street vendor. :lol:

:lol::lol: pretty much dude. You cheated yourself out of some good food.

"Barack Obama, mothaf#%@a! Barack Obama! I'm the president...of hittin' the ass!" -this is not a political view it's merely a quote from a hilarious tv show.

IN NYC there is a deli like every two blocks, but not all of them are good either. In South Florida they have very few NYC style delis, and the ones they do is like $11 for a sub. The supermarket chain here (Publix) does a nice sub. They use Boars Head meat if you want, and even though they may not pack it in, it is still pretty good.

I can't deny that I find Subway a convenient lunch food when there is not enough time to think about what to eat, and you just don't want to pack the calories Mickey D's style.

Thinking about it now, in Queens where I lived there were really not that many "authentic" deli's.

My favorite Subway is the Italian BMT (Oh the irony! :lol:) on Wheat with provolone, toasted, tomatoes, lettuce, banana peppers, green peppers, black olives, jalapeños, oil & vinegar, Salt & pepper.

I recently tried the flat bread, it was not bad.

X

---

Yeah that's the thing around here. You gotta know which place to go to.

i forgot to mention the bacon. good catch! if i feel like some extra i'd throw some bacon on it and substitute the green pepper for some tomato or leave it off all together... some decent stuff right there.

Bacon makes everything taste better:lol:

That sandwich, especailly if you add the Tomato, is basically a California Chicken Sub, My wife got me started on those years ago because they're her favorite. There's nothing quite like Cheese, Chicken, Bacon, Avocado, Tomato, lettuce togther, makes for a great sandwich.

♪Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery;

None but ourselves can free our minds.♫ -Bob Marley, Redemption Song

• 2 weeks later...
Bacon makes everything taste better

http://www.freewilliamsburg.com/archives/bacon-bra-01.jpg

http://meatcandy.files.wordpress.com/2009/07/coke-with-bacon.jpg

http://go2.wordpress.com/?id=725X1342&site=katnip.wordpress.com&url=http%3A%2F%2Fkatnip.files.wordpress.com%2F2009%2F09%2Fbacon-lunchbox.jpg&sref=http%3A%2F%2Fkatnip.wordpress.com%2F2009%2F09%2F05%2Fmmmm-bacon%2Fbacon-lunchbox%2F

http://www.seriouseats.com/images/20081022-bacon-donuts.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Archived