LegacyGT.com

Best sandwich at Subway

My Car

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
IN NYC there is a deli like every two blocks, but not all of them are good either. In South Florida they have very few NYC style delis, and the ones they do is like $11 for a sub. The supermarket chain here (Publix) does a nice sub. They use Boars Head meat if you want, and even though they may not pack it in, it is still pretty good.

I can't deny that I find Subway a convenient lunch food when there is not enough time to think about what to eat, and you just don't want to pack the calories Mickey D's style.

Thinking about it now, in Queens where I lived there were really not that many "authentic" deli's.

My favorite Subway is the Italian BMT (Oh the irony! :lol:) on Wheat with provolone, toasted, tomatoes, lettuce, banana peppers, green peppers, black olives, jalapeños, oil & vinegar, Salt & pepper.

I recently tried the flat bread, it was not bad.

X

Did you try Charlie's in Astoria, Queens??

"Gimme mines Balboa...Gimme mines".....Clubber Lang - Mr. T

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

My favorite sandwich USED to be the steak n' cheese. Not that boring shaved crap they have now, but when it had large chunks, and had peppers and onions already with the meat. It was actually flavorful.

Now, i just stick with a basic roast beef with a dash of southwest sauce.

Archived