LegacyGT.com

Best sandwich at Subway

My Car

So I think I've found the best sandwich you can order at subway. First order a pizza sub on Italian herb and cheese bread. Get what ever cheese you want and then get it toasted. After it's toasted ask for lettus, tomatos, green peppers, and jualapenos. Must have the jualapenos. I usually don't put any dressing on it cuz it just makes it too runny. I've fond this to be the best sandwich ever and I always get it when I go into subway. Anyone got a good sanwich that they like to order at subway? I'm down to try a new one but I don't think anyone can beat my jualepeno pizza sub. Mmmmmmmmmm. It's so good. And SPICY! hehe.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The one I always get is:

Turkey breast and ham on italian herb and cheese. Pick a cheese, I usually get provolone. Have it toasted. Then add lettuce, tomato, pickles and olives. Jalapenos are optional... Top it off with Chipotle Southwest dressing.

It's pretty simple, but tasty

Subway = garbage. Go to the deli & get a real sandwich
"Barack Obama, mothaf#%@a! Barack Obama! I'm the president...of hittin' the ass!" -this is not a political view it's merely a quote from a hilarious tv show.

wouldnt a deli be more expensive?

:confused:

A deli sandwich is between $5-$8

"Barack Obama, mothaf#%@a! Barack Obama! I'm the president...of hittin' the ass!" -this is not a political view it's merely a quote from a hilarious tv show.

so yea, enjoy eating crap :lol::lol:

I was wondering if I beat Coxx in to this thread.:lol::lol: Guess not!

I work in an office right above a Subway franchise so I'm there often- like 3 times a week.

Roast Beef and chedder, toasted. Lots of Jalapeno peppers, and other delicious crisp fresh veggies. Easy on the fatty dressings.

I'd love a good NY style deli near my work but I work right on the water and fish n chips seems to be the most popular thing around... I can't eat that stuff and expect to live another 10 years.

I would gladly pay $5 more for a NY style deli sandwich that is packed with meat and quality ingredients rather than a subway sub that they give you like 2 layers of meat

Yeah, that's kind of the hang up, most delis will give you twice the meat so it's just as filling.

I used to love Quiznos when they used to give a lil bit more meat and properly cook their sandwiches, not the ovens seem old and not nearly as good

I'll drive the extra few minutes and spend a few more bucks to go to Quiznos over Subway- that's the sorta junk I'll eat when I want something that won't make me wish I didn't eat on a long plane ride out west or something. Otherwise, it's just so unsatisfying. Plenty of local places do it better. The one chain place (that I've never seen another location around for) is Gandolfo's. There's one near the office and that's a good sub, but you do pay for it.

Yeah I just looked at their site and there's maybe 40 nation wide, most of them being in Utah of all places. Only other NE location is Maryland. Oh well.

Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them

-Ronald Reagan

The Subway near my work has a grocery store with a deli where you can order sandwiches. Depending on how I feel, I'll do either/or. Subway is a few dollars cheaper but the deli uses some really good quality meats. Maybe I'll swing by that deli next week sometime. It's been a while since I was in there.

Paninis are the rage here.

the problem is that I have to wait what feels like 10 minutes for that stupid sandwich to 'grill' on a safe heat setting before it is served to me.

I don't have that kind of time on my lunch break!

Deli sandwiches may taste better, but that's probably because they add more calories.

Since I'm currently watching my weight, subway is a great way to eat and not get a bunch of extra fat, etc..

i eat the cold cut trio on the italian herb and cheese bread everything on it except jalapenos and vinegar. it usually gets me full unlike some of the other sandwiches.

don't get the comments on how subway is junk? lettuce is lettuce, tomato is tomato, and while the cuts of meat make not be Grade A prime it is most likely the same stuff i buy off the shelf at the supermarket. not like subway gets their food from illegal farms or whatever... geez

it is most likely the same stuff i buy off the shelf at the supermarket.

:lol::lol::lol: seriously? You do realize that the supermarket cold cuts are garbage too right?

:lol::lol::lol: seriously? You do realize that the supermarket cold cuts are garbage too right?

^ coxx is about the only thing in the world that can make me nj homesick, lol -- 20 bucks says this guy's got a prosciutto or a n'duja hanging somewhere in the house :lol:

^ coxx is about the only thing in the world that can make me nj homesick, lol -- 20 bucks says this guy's got a prosciutto or a n'duja hanging somewhere in the house :lol:

:lol::lol::lol: no quite, but I wouldn't even consider buying that pre-packaged pre-sliced oscar meyer garbage that htey sell inthe stores. If that was my only option I just wouldn't eat cold cuts at all.

so yea, enjoy eating crap :lol::lol:

Coxx....in defense of others, some ppl don't have access to a real deal italian deli or pizzeria like we enjoy here in the tri-state.

"Gimme mines Balboa...Gimme mines".....Clubber Lang - Mr. T

Archived