LegacyGT.com

2011 STi on "The Ring"

CTSubiefan

aah, C&D had more detail. It was the 2011 chassis and suspension with a liberal sprinkling of Japanese spec parts from the R205 (2.0L) including the larger turbo, 6 piston brakes, strut tower brace and prototype wheels.

Still great video for what is essentially a PR-bragging-rights-stunt. It does reveal some serious capabilities for those willing to modify...and who isn't?:icon_twis

As far as the reports reveal, all the parts are from in-house. R205 is a hopped up sti. I was watching the vid thinking the car was "holy shit with a warranty." But it isn't what you'll drive off the lot and you'd need a mod friendly dealer for your warranty.

Yeah, Tommi Makinen. Sounds like he only need about 5 laps to get the track straight in his head. Bad a@s! 150 mph on the straight, knowing there is a killer turn coming. That takes serious skill and some stones.

Nice, out of curiosity how are you getting the list of Nurburgring times? I'm curious to see what other cars it's faster than.

MotorTrend reported the Panamera Turbo as 7:56 and the CTS-V as 7:59 though I'm pretty sure those were production model cars and not tweaked in any way. I'll be the Porsche boys could have modified that Panamera quite a bit.

Not only is that really impressive, but the design of the car has really grown on me.

The design grew on me with every turn. By the end I was like a crackhead needing his next rock. I want it, I need it, give it to me, but lose the wing.

....had a cage, too, and a stripped interior aft of the rear seats by the look of it. Still I agree with the comments on the potential. The car revealed here in the US looked a bit different and it makes me wonder if the rear-end treatment, for instance, isn't JDM specific...?? Anyway, great vids .... The 5th to 2nd down shift made me cringe a bit...:icon_neut

- Allen.

If it's a factory PR effort with professional drivers, no matter what the vehicle, something was "tweaked" for the 'ring run. Subaru, as usual, was just a bit more honest about it.

Running the ring shows the difference between track-only and well-rounded suspension setups. Words and video alone can't describe the effect the rings horrid surface has on the car as you are humping it along and trying to remember that the apex you think is there isn't there, it's over there and a bit too the left and damn whoops what was that bump?

Even with some coaching from a passenger that knew the ring inside out, best I did was a 9'30" in the STI, and it would have been worse in the EVO, it was skipping all over the place.

Regards,

Paul Hansen

Wonder what tires they were using. Nothing adds up about that unless they were running slicks or "DOT approved" tires. Car doesn't develop nearly the power nor could they have stripped enough weight to put it up with the likes of GT3s.

Anything under 8 minutes on the ring is pretty wicked fast

Wicked fast being a serious understatment...

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1586"VbGallery/URL]

ya, that's quite impressive for sure. dammit.... maybe in a few yrs I may be back in an STI. LOL. but only after my Legacy DD is paid off.
Wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle yeah!!!

Archived