LegacyGT.com

Unsold Legacys

I`ve been looking to buy a Legacy but many of the ones i find are former rental cars and therefore, they`re pretty beat up and not very well cared for.

Also, I`m pretty sure that there`s still many of last year`s models that haven`t sold. Would anyone know where I can get my hands on one of these unsold ones ?

yeah , most definitely. people who rent the cars dont give a damn how they treat it so they usually end up getting dings and dents everywhere.

so does anyone know if its still possible to buy a new 2009 model ?

i just found this website and it seems you can buy new 09 models built-to-order.

http://www.subaru.net/sales/

however, i dont know if this is a legit source or not . and then even if i do go thru with it , there`s the issue of having it shipped halfway across the country from minnesota to cali

Are you looking for an LGT or 2.5i? New 2009 LGTs in the Bay Area are pretty scarce, I think I got pretty much the last one back in September. The 2.5i's got cleaned out pretty good in August. Subaru was offering pretty good incentives and they qualified for cash-for-clunkers.

Having a new car shipped isn't a big deal, it should only cost a few hundred. I'm sure there are a few sitting on dealer lots around country, but you'll need to do a more detailed search. Maybe cars.com or another site that searches dealer inventory.

If you're willing to travel to Lafayette, IN near where the plant is, the dealership I work at has an 09 LGT with less than 500 test miles on it listed at like $25k.
It's cool; I'm with the band

I saw an 09 Legacy as a rental in Oklahoma (I think- my trips all blur together after a but). Odd place for it, must've been driven from the snowbelt. My dealer (Exeter Subaru) had a new 2009 3.0R going for a pretty competitive price, but it seems to have been sold finally.

Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them

-Ronald Reagan

I know there are 2 new ones here in SoCal.

DGM 2.5i Limited at South Coast Subaru... i tried to buy it back in august and they aren't willing to deal and they had 2. i hate them!

NBP 2.5i Limited at Santa Monica Subaru.

I tried looking for a GT in SoCal back at that time but I didnt see any in DGM :(

Cars.com search shows no new Legacies within 250 miles of the Bay Area. The nearest ones seem to be the ones mk6933 listed in SoCal or one in Vegas.

Carr Subaru in Beaverton, OR seems to have 5(!) new 2009 Legacies (2 LGT, 3 3.0R) sitting on their lot. No clue if they'd be willing to make a deal or not, but shipping to down here shouldn't be bad.

Upside down or flipped on a loan means that you owe more in payments than you can get on a trade in or sale. For example: Your outstanding balance on the 2.5i is $12,500 and your trade value is only $11,000. This would mean that if you trade, you still owe the bank that $1500 difference on your 2.5i as well as your new payments on the LGT.

^^ which is then rolled into the new loan. So your new LGT with a loan for $28,500 turns into a loan for $30,000 ($28,500 of new loan + $1,500 of previous balance).
[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

Just quick question. Are you determining that they were rentals because it says it was sold to fleet on Carfax? That might actually be cars off Lease and not rentals.

I think what happens when cars get leased is the car is "sold" as fleet sales to leasing entity. Then when it comes back from lease, they are auctioned off to dealers.

I could be wrong but that is what I think happens with carfax report and leases.

Fleet typically means that it was a lease, like OrangeTea said. Leased vehicles are technically owned by a finance company and are part of their "fleet." So odds are that a fleet vehicle that you find was a lease that was sent to auction and purchased by a dealer to resell.

Archived