LegacyGT.com

Yet Another 2006 Rumor - USDM Spec B

OH --- HELLL----YEEEAAAHHH!!!!

Please tell me they are releasing a USDM Legacy Blitzen, similar spec to the JDM version.

MORE INFO PLEASE! (I am shouting in shear excitement. Out loud!) PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE!

I gotta get a raise now (overdue). I'm out to go find my boss before the end of the day....

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Correct me if i'm wrong, but doesn't the 3.0R already pack 245 hp stock? With a turbo it'd be able to put out at LEAST 300 horses.

Edit: eh nevermind, just saw that it might have the 2.5l as opposed to the 3.0R.

What are the sales number of the GT nationwide? Even bringing over a limited production wouldn't be worth it for them. Please don't confuse them bringing the WRX STi cause the WRX sold a lot more than they anticipated. I hardly see any GT and it's too early for them bring that over now, it took 2 years to bring over the STi. Plus it doesn't even list a different version on those 2 pieces of paper from Subaru.

What are the sales number of the GT nationwide?

<snip>

Legacy sales were up 24% in March (over March of last year):

http://www.theautochannel.com/news/2005/04/01/027236.html

Subaru Reports 2005 March Sales

--Subaru Legacy Sedan Sales Up 24 Percent; Forester Records Best-Ever March--

CHERRY HILL, N.J., April 1 -- Subaru of America, Inc. today reported total sales for March of 17,301 units. The Subaru Legacy Sedan sales rose 24 percent from the same period last year, while the Forester model line recorded the best March in the company's history.

"March was another good sales month for Subaru," said Fred Adcock, executive vice president, Subaru of America, Inc. "With the launch of our new ad campaign and new product on the way, Subaru is well positioned to set another all-time sales record this year."

The Legacy model line recorded 8,066 units, while Subaru Outback posted a strong 5,574 units for the month. Subaru Forester sales were 5,851 units in March, showing a three percent increase from the prior year. The Impreza line recorded 2,769 unit sales, while Subaru Baja recorded 615 units for the month.

For a complete sales chart and additional information about Subaru of America, Inc. and Subaru vehicles, visit our media website at http://www.media.subaru.com/.

About Subaru of America, Inc.

Subaru of America, Inc. is a wholly owned subsidiary of Fuji Heavy Industries Ltd. of Japan. Headquartered in Cherry Hill, N.J., the company markets and distributes all-wheel drive Subaru vehicles, parts and accessories through a network of nearly 600 dealers across the United States. Subaru is the only car company that features Symmetrical All-Wheel drive as standard equipment on every vehicle in its product line. For additional information visit http://www.subaru.com/.

Cumulative Legacy production worldwide hits 3 million!

From a PDF on this site: http://www.fhi.co.jp/about/english/outline/pressrelease/index.html

Chronology of the Legacy

November 1988 - Production of the Legacy starts at the Gunma Yajima Plant

January 1989 - The Legacy sets a new FIA-certified 100,000-kilometer world speed record with an average speed of 223.345 km/h.

February 1989 - Introduction in Japan

April 1989 - Introduction in U.S.

September 1989 - Introduction in Europe

September 1989 - Production starts at SIA

October 1989 - 200PS turbo-engine GT launched in Japan

April 1990 - Legacy enters the World Rally Championship (WRC)

August 1993 - Legacy wins New Zealand Rally in WRC

September 1993 - The second-generation Legacy ( Station Wagon) sets an FIA-certified world speed record for 1 km in the mass-produced, unmodified station wagon division at the Bonneville Speedway near Salt Lake City, Utah, with an average speed of 249.981 km/h.

October 1993 - The second-generation Legacy debuts in Japan

October 1994 - 250T version with a 2.5-liter, 4-cylinder, horizontally opposed engine added in Japan

June 1995 - Production of the Outback starts at SIA

July 1995 - Engine assembly begins at SIA

June 1996 - GT-B introduced in Japan, with a 280PS engine and Bilstein twin-tube shock absorber (inverted-type)

January 1997 - Cumulative production in Japan reaches the 1-million mark

April 1998 - The third-generation Legacy (Station Wagon) sets a new FIA-certified world speed record for 1 km with an average speed of 270.532 km/h.

June 1998 - All-new, third-generation Legacy introduced in Japan

December 1998 - B4 Sedan debuts in Japan

December 1998 - Awarded RJC New Car of the Year for 1998-99 in Japan

February 2000 - B4 Blitzen version introduced in Japan

May 2000 - Lancaster 6 with a 3-liter, 6-cylinder, horizontally opposed engine introduced in Japan

June 2002 - SIA celebrates the 1-million-unit milestone in its production of Subaru vehicles.

January 2003 - SIA is made a wholly owned subsidiary of FHI

May 2003 - The fourth-generation Legacy launched in Japan

November 2003 - Awarded the Car of the Year for 2003-2004 in Japan

December 2003 - Sales surpasses the 1-million mark in Japan

March 2005 - Production surpasses the 3-million mark worldwide

Yes the Legacy usually trounces all the other models in sales numbers. Whats funny is though that I see more STi's weekly than GT's.

Me too! STi's and WRX's seem to be all over the place, but Legacy's are hard to find. I suppose it's partly because the new Legacy hasn't out for very long, so the STi had a head start.

Here's a picture of Subaru's R1 in Japan. This is where the Tribeca got its nose from:

http://www.fhi.co.jp/about/english/outline/imgs/photo_01.jpg

The R2 looks very similar.

Here's a site with all the Subaru models:

http://www.subdriven.com/gallery/gallery2.php?mode=album&album=/Automobiles

The Justy still lives! Though not in the US. I owned one a few years back. It had a peppy little three-cylinder. I think it was a 1-liter engine. It has grown since then (see above link).

OK, here's what I know.

1) I'm not allowed to say that this comes from a Subaru dealer.

2) I can't say who we heard it from, because that person at Subaru would get into trouble. But someone definitely said it, and not as "maybe".

3) Bilsteins, 18" wheels with summer performance tires, navigation only, no one said anything to me about performance or how many, but Al (the other manager) was really excited. So far it's only called "Spec B".

Tom

FRA-GEE-LAY... It must be Italian!

OK... Now I start needing price information.

I have been trying to acclimate my wife to an acceleration of the schedule for buying a new car to 6 months.

She has been trying to get me to agree to a used 05 LGT in about 18-24 months from now. That is a long ways away, and a Used GT is going to be pretty hard to find around here. The 05s are still lined up on the lot, waiting to be sold.

If it is just Bilsteins, 18"s on summer tires (which I would do anyway) and NAV, then I might be passing on it.

I can put the Bilsteins under a GT Limited, put on 18" BBS RS-GTs and Toyo T1-S (and have the stock GT 17" for snow duty, to boot.) and do without the nav, and put Spec B badging on it. I really hope it is more than just new struts wheels and badges. I can do those myself.

However... if they do it right, and there is more "meat" to the Spec-B, like a special color, such as WR-Blue/San Remo Red, or different bodywork (front bumber cover, etc.) and a twin-scroll under the hood, or a 6MT. That would get me back on the bus.

I just need to find out what the payments would be on a GT Limited or Spec B for 48-60 months with a 7-10k Ford Ranger XLT 4x4 Stepside 5AT(in Bright Blue) with a low interest rate. (my FICO is over 700)

I would love to keep the truck, too, but I am not sure I can afford to buy a 30k car from 0, and the Miata is worth less, and not being traded short of doomsday.

It all depends on whether I get the new job I applied for, or get the raise I am almost a year overdue for in the job I have, and then how much I can get paid down on my truck before trigger-time comes.

More: the aluminum front control arms & such like on the Sti, rumored 275 hp or so. Somewhere between 600 and 700 cars.

Al says he isn't sure about the twin screw turbo, he thinks probably not but he's love seeing it.

Tom

FRA-GEE-LAY... It must be Italian!

twin screw turbo??? :eek:

You know he meant twin scroll. Nobody's perfect.

Wait a sec, isn't the current Leg GT a twin-scroll? They went with twin-scroll instead of the twin, sequential turbos used on the 2.0 liter in Japan.

Maybe it's a modified twin-scroll?

Tim

imo, I think the performance for a car with the specs posted will have substantially more power than a LGT. I don't see how they can achieve that without H6-T. When the official specs for the WRX STi came out the specs ended up being a bit higher than people were speculating. It wouldn't make sense to market or spread rumors of a new car that was being overestimated right? So... think about it, it's a limited only run of about 500 cars. If you were an exec, wouldn't you want these 500 cars to be remembered like the S401 or 22B?

But then again, they are rumored to be producing the Legacy STi in 2007 with a H6-TT. Is the Spec B run supposed to be some sort of test or a pre-Legacy STi market-gauging strategy for Subaru?

Anyway so much for wishful thinking :D. What are your thoughts?

Archived