LegacyGT.com

Yet Another 2006 Rumor - USDM Spec B

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'd sign up for one of the 500 Leggy's (please please), but I'm not holding my breath.

ME too. That would be enough for me to sell the truck for every dime I could get out of it, and mortgage my income for the next half a decade.

Talk about limited edition. It had damned well better show up in WR-Blue Pearl, and the 3.0r Spec B's 6MT, that is all I'm sayin'. Sign me up.

If it bears any resemblance to reality, that is.

BTW, I thought the 2.5T WRX (Forester XT motor/tune, ~230hp) was all but confirmed for '06, along with more power for the 2.5 NA motors across the lineup.

I am just wondering if the new impreza bodystyle will show up for 06, or if it will show up in 06 as a concept car for '07 production.

What would be a great strategy...

Produce 500-1500 USDM Spec B 06 Legacy GTs. 30-40% wagons. All limited trim, black leather. Offered with the full 2.5 STi motor (7000RPM) and twin scroll turbo mated to the 6MT VTD (gearing from 3.0R Spec B, not WRX STi) with over 300hp and torque.

San Remo Red, Chrystal Grey, Black, and World Rally Blue are the only colors offered. All options except nav and dealer accessories would be standard. 32-33k

Not a whole lot of dealer hoopla (some dealers might not even get one if they are all snatched up...) but a strategically placed sport sedan comparo in the Automotive press, perhaps even after the run has started. People see that there is this dark-horse hotrod in the Subaru Lineup.

Then, for the 2007 model year, in May/June of 06, Full on blitz the Legacy STi with the Twin Turbo H6 in the same trim as the GT spec B limited edition that would be already through it's run. The STi would sticker in at about 35-36k.

"Oh, you missed the Special Edition GT Spec B. Sorry only a few people got those... But, instead, here's the Legacy STi with even MORE power!"

What would be a great strategy...

Produce 500-1500 USDM Spec B 06 Legacy GTs. 30-40% wagons. All limited trim, black leather. Offered with the full 2.5 STi motor (7000RPM) and twin scroll turbo mated to the 6MT VTD (gearing from 3.0R Spec B, not WRX STi) with over 300hp and torque.

San Remo Red, Chrystal Grey, Black, and World Rally Blue are the only colors offered. All options except nav and dealer accessories would be standard. 32-33k

Not a whole lot of dealer hoopla (some dealers might not even get one if they are all snatched up...) but a strategically placed sport sedan comparo in the Automotive press, perhaps even after the run has started. People see that there is this dark-horse hotrod in the Subaru Lineup.

Then, for the 2007 model year, in May/June of 06, Full on blitz the Legacy STi with the Twin Turbo H6 in the same trim as the GT spec B limited edition that would be already through it's run. The STi would sticker in at about 35-36k.

"Oh, you missed the Special Edition GT Spec B. Sorry only a few people got those... But, instead, here's the Legacy STi with even MORE power!"

I assume none of these twin turbo H6 or spec B limited are offered with auto tranny? Sorry, but I just don't like driving a MT anymore that's why I asked..... :redface:

Well I'm a Maxima fan, and I still see the 25th year anniversary editions and I still wish I had bought one at the time. If Iwanna's scenario plays out, I know I'll be in line to pick one up for sure. I was hoping that I would pick up my LGT this summer, but it looks like that will wait for several reasons (none of them because of this or any other rumors). And I will wait and see what happens.

I think the more Legacies that sell, the apt to do something like that. Subaru doesn't care about the aftermarket parts I don't think, since they don't many any revenue off that. And I don't think they are looking to get into the market like Toyota has either because their bread and butter owners aren't like the majority of us here. They are the people living in the winter areas of the U.S. that are looking for good reliable cars with 4WD without the cost and gas mileage of the majority of the SUV's out there.

Just my .02 cents.

I assume none of these twin turbo H6 or spec B limited are offered with auto tranny? Sorry, but I just don't like driving a MT anymore that's why I asked..... :redface:

I meant that just the very limited run of Spec B legacies would only be MT. It would be for a small number of performance car freaks, and keeping the options static lowers costs, especially on small runs.

I would think that if they went into semi-regular production of a proposed Legacy STi, it would have an sport shift auto as an option...\

DISCLAIMER:

My previous post in this thread, about a hypothetical strategy and configuration, probably does not reflect the stats of any potential Legacy performance offering. It is not rumored or incinuated as possiblility. It is a product of my over-active car-imagination.

The only rumor that I know of applying to this is the one forwarded by NASIOC, and Post #1 of this thread, which itself may be of dubious credibility.

This is definitely true, we were talking about it at work yesterday (I'm a manager at Fairway Subaru). The only thing we weren't sure of was whether or not it would be called "Blitzen".

Tom

FRA-GEE-LAY... It must be Italian!

Tom, any more info on the Spec B car, and when might we see a press release or something from Subaru? Also, is this a known thing in the subaru circles? Most of the guys I have talked to at the subbie places near me (phoenix, az) don't have a clue about much.

Archived