LegacyGT.com

Best Aux in mod for 05 LGT?

speedworld

I have searched and searched for the best solution for the dreaded "Aux in Mod" that anyone with an 05 or 06 LGT that enjoys more than 6 CDR's of music needs. I have found no obvious solution.

I love my LGT, however, an FM modulator is a joke. The sound just sucks... I am looking for a dependable alternative to the "silent CD" option. What other alternatives are there? This car has been out since 05. Someone has to have figured out a better solution. How dependable is the Leptronix option? Would it be more feasable to purchase an 07 and up head unit, and if so where would i find one? I am not cheap, but I have now have 3 kids and unfortunately money is an object. What are the best options?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If I were in your position, assuming that you can use a Bluetooth handsfree kit, I'd go for a Parrot MKi9100. A refurb can be had off of ebay for around $100, plus you'd have to buy a plug and play harness for it from a 3rd party. Should be an easy install. The only shortcoming is that the aux/Ipod input would be through the Parrot box/amp which would bypass your head unit. Might not be ideal, but I've read reviews that the music streaming sounds fine. If you are on all stock components, you probably wouldn't be able to tell the difference, except that volume would be controlled by the Parrot, not the head unit.

Jazzy board was pretty easy to do on my 05. I use that as the in for my car pc. I actually installed a splitter directly on the jazzy board with the intent of blending portable nav system audio with an mp3 player (ran two headphone input cables out of the stereo).

Just remember to eject all your discs before doing it!

No, the name has nothing to do with bragging about 20 inch wheels...

SonicSpecB, where did you buy the FSL-21? The only place I can find it is on a Japanese website... TIA

A friend bought it from a japanese website(guess the same one) it cost me like $280usd (yes i know it pricey) and it works on JDM MY 03-05 BP\BL,which is similar to USDM MY04-06.

• 2 weeks later...
I've got a JDM 04 with a Macintosh headunit so i dont know if this would apply but i bought a little module (FSL-21)

http://img689.imageshack.us/img689/9220/fsl21.jpg

The sound is crystal clear like the headunit.

I have a JDM 04 unit (non-McIntosh) and am wondering if this will work or not (their website says it will according to the part numbers), but am willing to pay to see it.

How did you order yours?

Never mind. Ordered one and it's on its way. Keen to see if it works on mine.

hey, where did you order it from?

im in the same boat. i have on 03-05 jdm legacy and was looking for aux in for non-macintosh kenwood headunit. Does this plug into the spare cd changer slot on the back of the factory headunit?

Some install pictures would be great!

Hi there. Ordered from http://electric-design.com/FSL-01.html.

Spoke with the guy that sells them and this works by plugging into the CD changer slot. You can then select input 1 or 2 by pressing the station memory numbers 1 or 2 on the headunit.

It's in transit at the moment, so I'll post pictures when it arrives (it said 4 days).

thanks mate, will hold off on ordering until you get yours fitted and tested out. so i know it works! cheers

is there a difference between the FSL-21 and FSL-01? or FSL-21 is simply the latest model sold?

thanks mate, will hold off on ordering until you get yours fitted and tested out. so i know it works! cheers

is there a difference between the FSL-21 and FSL-01? or FSL-21 is simply the latest model sold?

It seems the FSL-21 is just an updated version of the same thing. Seems to work fine with the same head units.

Mine is an 04' JDM OB, which translates to an '05 North American model. Apparently the item left Customs in NZ yesterday, so it should be arriving either today (Saturday) or Monday. I'll take pics of it and keep you posted.

any news on the unit? still very curious to see if this will work with my headunit on my 2006 spec.B

Hi there. Sorry for the lack of updates. I have received the part on Monday, but haven't had the chance to install it. Am planning to do it this coming Sunday. The unit looks exactly like the pics (a relief!).

Will update you guys once I get it installed.

any news on the unit? still very curious to see if this will work with my headunit on my 2006 spec.B

if your head unit is any of these:

GX-201, GX-202JE, GX-203JE, GX-204JH, Macintosh PH-40621, Macintosh PF-41131

it "should" work

but i thought there was other Clarion adapter available for the Macintosh head units that would work through the CE net connection

Archived