LegacyGT.com

The Official Aftermarket Wheels Thread

Gohmer1

Extended studs if I remember correctly cost about $150 for all 4 and they are a pain in the butt to put on....well the rears. I'd rather get bolt on spacers....or wheels the size that I want lol.

If I had the money. I ended up getting BRZ wheels, and I'm removing the gay chrome spokes off of them. Only wheels I could afford for now that actually look decent. :( Shame they're only 17x7...I would have liked a 17x9 or 8..but low on funds because college, and I only have a semester to finish.

I had 5mm spacers for like a week....then when I realized how much thread my lug nut was actually holding onto, I removed them :lol:

There are lug nuts that thin down so they can get two or three more threads just for that problem. But, I understand what you're saying.

Edited by fredrik94087

"It's within spec" - SOA :rolleyes:

"Depth is only shallowness viewed from the side." - Fredism

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

2018Q50RS | 2015WrxThread | Shrek

I was thinking worst case 5mm hubcentric spacers with nuts that thin down and go past the wheel holes.

The other option is +35 and that is going to stick out too much.

Hanger: Were you running 18's? What tires size and profile?

I ran a 245/45/18 on a gtc01 no problem

+35s are perfect

ran that with 245/40/17 Hankook V12s, no rubbing

+35s are perfect

ran that with 245/40/17 Hankook V12s, no rubbing

There is a 5x100 +35 17x9 offering as of two days ago when i was at America's tire ordering the +45 set.

Thanks for the suggestion. I may consider it if I don't have enough inboard clearance.

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

ok, this i know is going to be a stupid question for some of you but i just gotta be THAT guy. But here it goes:

What algorithm do you use to figure out what tire will fit on what wheel?

i know most people tend to look for a lower profile tire, but im kinda going the opposite direction currently with the winter set up and have been trying to find a good set that will fit and be a bit beefier. i know what the numbers on the tire mean, i just dont know make sense of them when they're all put together.

ok, this i know is going to be a stupid question for some of you but i just gotta be THAT guy. But here it goes:

i know most people tend to look for a lower profile tire, but im kinda going the opposite direction currently with the winter set up and have been trying to find a good set that will fit and be a bit beefier. i know what the numbers on the tire mean, i just dont know make sense of them when they're all put together.

The link as well as maybe tire-rack's guidance. Although, they tend to be a bit conservative.

I google "17x9 275" for example to see images of fitments to see if I can live with it or not.

I ran a 205/50/17 on my LGT for winters if that helps at all.

It's cool; I'm with the band

SSR GTV01 is much better looking:cool:

http://www.ssr-wheels.com/images/gtv01/flatblack_lrg.jpg

or SSR Professor SP-1

http://www.ssr-wheels.com/images/sp1/black_lrg.jpg

http://www.ssr-wheels.com/gallery/image.axd?picture=2013%2F9%2Fthumb_Miller_15.jpg

Edited by grovlet

Enkei RPF1 17x9 +45 SBC

BFG Sport Comp2 255/45/17

Rear fender slightly rolled and trimmed.

Front fender pulled slightly.

Don't have alignment spec. Alignment is as delivered from factory.

No, a 275 will not work.

OEM ride height and suspension.

~1/2" to 5/8" from front wheel to strut housing.

~3/8" to 1/2" from tire's top inner edge to spring perch in both vertical and horizontal direction.

CAM00661.thumb.jpg.b504eb75ef5194c2900b25526a7ddaf8.jpg

CAM00662.thumb.jpg.6d2ab33009ee2780a2f57eb6ceabb159.jpg

CAM00663.thumb.jpg.5125c12a6e261d4da52dd57617722ad5.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
After the drop with RCE tarmacs 26 1/4" front and 26 3/4" rear from ground to fender.

DSC03180.thumb.jpg.ced45bbfc7d8d8a46f9a5b9070db6b67.jpg

DSC03187.thumb.jpg.7f81b491b708945c617d489e45ab9d1d.jpg

Fredrik, car looks great.

FWIW - It's a preferred approach to measure from the center of your wheel, or at least from the edge of your center cap, to the fender. Tires deflection, uneven ground, air pressure differences, even suspension loading can cause +/- .5" or more difference side-to-side. Critical, especially when putting on adjustable-height dampeners.

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

Fredrik, car looks great.

FWIW - It's a preferred approach to measure from the center of your wheel, or at least from the edge of your center cap, to the fender. Tires deflection, uneven ground, air pressure differences, even suspension loading can cause +/- .5" or more difference side-to-side. Critical, especially when putting on adjustable-height dampeners.

I see. That makes sense.

My measurements were done in my garage as that is the most level surface I have.

Thanks for the complement. It handles pretty good now.

Cheers!

• 2 weeks later...