LegacyGT.com

The Official Aftermarket Wheels Thread

Gohmer1

The great thing about OBP is that anything will go with it. Check out all the wheel and photo threads and find the look you like... stealth, bling, simple, etc. If you like a more aggressive look, I think a darker color is better, say black, dark gray or dark bronze. If you are going for a simple and clean look, stick with a regular gold or silver.

My favorite is OBP with Black or a titanium or dark gray!

• 2 weeks later...

Wheel Preview - Can't wait for Spring!

Prodrive PFF7 - 18x8 - Custom Charcoal Gray Powdercoat

Bridgestone Potenza RE960 Pole Position - 225/40/18

McGard Spline Drive Lug Nuts - Black

541693114_IMG_6924-Copy.thumb.jpg.94199163c848de41166cc5709ae6bc8f.jpg

1948311856_IMG_6927-Copy.thumb.jpg.c738ea4276416668139d03a09df8f428.jpg

Edited by fog32

Anybody got and pic or suggestions of gold rims, ive looked through a lot of posts but looking for the right one or something different. Thanks

How about something like this? Looks really great on all of the Subaru colors except possibly silver

71660209_VolkGT-VNobleGold-3.jpg.d83c39bae6c1ddd3bd440df463f5322f.jpg

450692923_VolkGT-VNobleGoldcropped-1.jpg.64e5f4669971ece767244190a2e5d97b.jpg

2141836930_VolkGT-VNobleGoldcropped2.jpg.d2186e4d9134a2683d0a867caf8fe738.jpg

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

Quick question here everyone. What color rims do you think would look best on basically all all black OBP? I was think black, but is that too much black. How bout gold or silver, also I have been looking through all 96 pages of the thread. Not in a rush with it still winter but prob have looked at hundreded of rims and still undecided. Any pics are welcome to help out

I'm shopping wheels for my OBP wagon currently. Tired of my silver Rotas.

Going darker but not black. Personally don't want gold or bronze so looking at gunmetal, charcoal, hyper black etc. Currently leaning towards hyper black for its sort of diverse appearance. Han'sGT states "A really awesome color...in direct sun they almost look chrome in the shade more gunmetal, but always with a high gloss finish."

Does any one know if 17x8 with a +48 offset will fit without any problems? I am not very good at wheel sizing so I need some help here. If they will fit then these are the ones I will be getting.

http://www.rotawheels.com/wheels.asp?wheelid=52

Thanks in advance.

07 SWP LGT Limited - SPT CBE, Invidia UP, Invidia DP, Grimmspeed EBCS, AVO TMIC, DW65c pump, SPT Intake, ISC Coilover

The rims should fit fine. What size tires?

I havent decided yet. I am trying to get as close the same diameter as stock as possible. Any suggestions?

07 SWP LGT Limited - SPT CBE, Invidia UP, Invidia DP, Grimmspeed EBCS, AVO TMIC, DW65c pump, SPT Intake, ISC Coilover

Does any one know if 17x8 with a +48 offset will fit without any problems? I am not very good at wheel sizing so I need some help here. If they will fit then these are the ones I will be getting.

http://www.rotawheels.com/wheels.asp?wheelid=52

Thanks in advance.

My "deep winter" set are Sparco Drifts in 17x8, +48, paired with 225/45/17 studded Pirelli Winter Carvings.

I'm dropped about an inch all-around, on iON progressive SportSpecs.

No problems whatsoever.

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

I havent decided yet. I am trying to get as close the same diameter as stock as possible. Any suggestions?

If you want to go wide, 235/40-17 should fit without much issue if you don't go for an overly meaty tire (Z1*, RE-11, or other competition street tire might be too wide).

You could go with a 225/45-17. It'll be slightly taller than stock, but should fit under the spring perch.

I'm not sure if the spring perch is shaped the same as the spec.B one, so I'm not sure if you'll fit a 245/40-17.

My "deep winter" set are Sparco Drifts in 17x8, +48, paired with 225/45/17 studded Pirelli Winter Carvings.

I'm dropped about an inch all-around, on iON progressive SportSpecs.

No problems whatsoever.

I think this is the size I will be going with. My friend also suggested the same size. Now I just have to find a dealer that sells these rims and figure out what tires I want before the warm weather arrives.

^ TireRack should carry the Sparco Drifts - that's where got mine.

One word of caution is that the 225 on 8-inch combo won't give you much rim/face protection. And also, depending on the specific tire, may or may not look a bit stretched.

But talk about *right-now* steering response! With the right tires, there's, like, no slop at all.

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

^ TireRack should carry the Sparco Drifts - that's where got mine.

One word of caution is that the 225 on 8-inch combo won't give you much rim/face protection. And also, depending on the specific tire, may or may not look a bit stretched.

But talk about *right-now* steering response! With the right tires, there's, like, no slop at all.

Since you are running the same size rims and same size tires I was planning on getting do u have any pictures if what they look like in terms of the stretching you talked about? The rims I am going to get are the rota special stages. The tires I am looking at are either the dunlop sport star spec z1's or the bridgestone potenza re-11's. And opinuins on the tires would be greatly appreciated.

The Star Specs are great tires for the price. I'm not well-versed enough on that sub-genre, though, to comment on the RE-11s, especially as a cross-comparison.

I don't have any pictures of the stretching - I have no photography Kung-Fu, and in-truth, my Pirellis aren't noticeably stretched, on the Drifts: but like I said, different tires are different, in this regard.

Z1*s and RE11s are both essentially competition street tires. They clear water well enough to drive on the street, but are as sticky as possible while maintaining a high enough wear rating to qualify as a Street tire for SCCA SOLO classing. The tread is as wide as possible for the sizing, again to have as much grip as possible while staying within classing specs.

Both are amazing tires. I have the RE-01Rs, the precursors to the RE11s, on my STI and they are incredibly grippy. I need to upgrade my pads because in 255 size they overpower my stock brakes. The Z1*s were made to be grippier than the RE01-Rs, and the RE11s were made to equal or beat the Z1*s.

Whichever you get, you'll be amazed by the grip available.

Just remember when fitting a set of these, they are about half a size wider than a regular tire. (i.e. a 225 is like a 230, a 235 is like a 240, etc) Calculate diameter the same, but make sure you have an extra tenth of an inch or so of clearance on the sides.

Edited by Draco-REX