LegacyGT.com

The Official Aftermarket Wheels Thread

Gohmer1

235/40 should fit if yo go that route. I run 225/40 Hankooks, awesome tire, but want a little more rim protection, so I am getting 235/40 BfGoodwrich KDW2 next. According to tirerack specs, the growth in the 235/40 goes from 9.1" on the Hankooks to 9.5" and diameter goes from 25.1 to 25.4

• 2 weeks later...
Hi All, I'm hoping someone can help me out. I'd like to put 18" x 7.5" ENKEI EKM3 Gun Metal wheels with 225/40/18 Hankook Ventus V12 EVO K110 on my 2006 grey LGT. Please let me know if this is a good fit or if you suggest a different size. I was also thinking 235/40/18. I appreciate anyones' feedback!

Hi All, I'm hoping someone can help me out. I'd like to put 18" x 7.5" ENKEI EKM3 Gun Metal wheels with 225/40/18 Hankook Ventus V12 EVO K110 on my 2006 grey LGT. Please let me know if this is a good fit or if you suggest a different size. I was also thinking 235/40/18. I appreciate anyones' feedback!

They will fit. The offset is a +45, if your lowered at all you might have a slight rub issue on the fender lips in the front.

276hp/347tq On a DynoJet

Dyno Video - Had a big lean spot as you can tell in the second pull

Thanks, are the 235/40/18 to big?

Nope, You should be fine. Tires might have a slight bulge to them depending on the brand. I know my dunlops run on the wider size but they are square on my 8" rims.

This is my car, their 17's but i'm running 235/40's and only have rub slightly in the fronts on hard bumps which would be eliminated with a roll. Though I'm also lower then most legacy owners.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3262728&postcount=1442

276hp/347tq On a DynoJet

Dyno Video - Had a big lean spot as you can tell in the second pull

Lots of potholes! Sounds like I should go with the 235s.

Ok, couple more questions then (thanks for the help so far!).

Should I do the 18" x 7.5" or 8.0" ENKEI EKM3 wheels and how does each one effect the offset and wheel size (Hankook Ventus V12 EVO K110 tires on my 2006 grey LGT)?

If you're going up in wheel width, think of the increased width across both sides of the wheel.

1/2 inch (7.5" to 8.0" wheel) is approximately 12.5mm (actually 12.7mm but we'll use 12.5mm for ease of conversion) so you're adding 6.25mm of additional width to both sides.

If the offset stays the same (+45), between the 7.5" and the 8.0" wheel, then you're moving the wheel width 6.25mm closer to the internal suspension side and 6.25mm further outward toward the fender.

However, if you change offset, say to +43, then you're moving the internal face 4.25mm closer to the suspension and moving the external face 8.25mm closer to the fender - and that much closer to rubbing.

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

Add in a wider-sectioned tire that sticks out predominantly past the vertical face of the wheel and, with no additional negative camber, and you might have to roll the fenders to provide clearance when you're loaded (or lowered).

Stock offset is +55 with the stock 7" wheel. To go to an 8" wheel, you need to decrease offset by approximately 1/2 of 25.4mm (1") or 12.2mm

55mm minus 12mm = 43mm, so anything in the +45 to +48 range will work well without compromising your fender line or your suspension side. Like everything else, YMMV.

Personally, I'd stick with 18x7.5 +45 and 225/40x18s... Won't mess with your speedometer, nor will it potentially impact your fender line. Different tire brands have different section widths so depending on which tire you choose, it could affect how much rubber "overhangs" the rim.

• 2 weeks later...
I'm already settled with a set of LeMans, but the new O.Z. look sharp.

That's actually not too bad. Wish there was a fitment for our cars.http://www.tirerack.com/images/trans.gif

http://www.tirerack.com/images/wheels/oz/swap/oz_envy_sm_1000.jpg

Figured it was too new to have sizing...

TireRack changed their format, no longer showing offsets, bolt patterns, etc.

Comes in 5x100 but only in 16" with low offset. boo hoo. :coffee:

-Bill

"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."

TireRack changed their format, no longer showing offsets, bolt patterns, etc.

Comes in 5x100 but only in 16" with low offset. boo hoo. :coffee:

That's too bad on both counts.

Ok, so both the 18" x 8" and 18" x 7.5" ENKEI EKM3 wheels, off set 45, Hankook 235/40/18 will work.

If so what one is a better fit and looks best?

I have the EKM3 too, just go with 225/40/18. It looks pretty square. 235 is too wide with 7.5", or else I would go with 235s too.