LegacyGT.com

which open source tuning? EcuFlash vs RomRaider?

KurtP

You can do the editing with EcuFlash if you want. However I'm only aware of two data loggers (RomRaider and Lumberjack (http://www.codeplex.com/ssm)) and they are both Windows-only. You could try running the loggers under Parallels, or VMWare, or whatever windows emulation you have handy... I have no idea whether that works or not but it's worth a try.

ECU flash can tune it just as well. I also like how you can see the MAF curves. Should like like a nice parabola under most applications if you have aftermarket shtuff. Romraider is just more colorful, has some more detail in some sections, and a slightly simpler design, much like cobb's software.
06 TB EVO IX SE stock turbo monster subaru hater :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

Running windows in parallels on a mac works well for logging or flashing, but I would not recommend flashing while running parallels. I have had it force quit on me once or twice. Best bet for flashing with your mac is to use bootcamp to boot windows natively.

I agree that you should really just use a windows environment for tuning though. You'll want at least Ecuflash, Romraider, Learning Viewer and Excel. Excel on a mac sucks. I also like some features in Simpletune. I more often than not use Ecuflash for tuning as it's so much easier to copy/paste into.

If you have a Tactrix 2.0 you can log directly to a micro SD flash card. You'll need to upgrade its firmware to the latest beta version using Windows.

Uninstall any existing version of EcuFlash *AND* the OpenPort/Tactrix drivers, reboot, then install the latest EcuFlash beta. Plug in the Tactrix, run EcuFlash, and go to Help -> Licensing to trigger a firmware upgrade.

Read the stand-alone logging instructions carefully if you decide to go this route.

Archived