LegacyGT.com

5EAT Front LSD fitment test fund

ClimberDHexMods

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
Aiming to install this Sunday & Monday :) At some point my dream of really launching Hexagram Modifications came true. One of my statements was that the STOCK 5eat could be made to handle 400whp/wtq with ease. So I'm going to swap this front LSD into the STOCK transmission. Excited to see how it performs.
[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

My torque-sensing front LSD is installed! I just need traffic to clear out so I can go test it. It was not easy to install, but it was straight-forward per the instructions. Fits like a glove!
[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

Drop-in fitment?

You have to follow the procedure in the FSM. You have to set the load by screwing in/out the two caps that the axle shafts go through. This requires a special tool, which I made out of an oil filter removal cap. These caps hold the oil seal and the bearing seat. My new press-on bearings for the new diff were different than the bearings on the stock diff. This means the bearing seat in each cap had to be removed as well. There is a special claw tool for this, but I used a hammer and crow bar, gently! Then I gently tapped in the new seat into each of the two end caps. Set the preload per exact FSM instructions. Worked like a charm.

MUST USE GREASE on the stub axles before sliding them into each end of the diff. I had to hammer tap the axles in, snug fit. The manufacturer of the diff assured me this was fine, and I tend to agree. Anyways it's been totally transparent so far, and is stock quiet (which means I didn't blatantly screw up setting it up). I don't exactly live at a race track, so I have to go looking for places to really test it out. Going to do that. But I'm not worried BECAUSE this is basically the existing 4eat LSD internals adapted to work with the 5eat fitment constraints. Fitment is great, so I think we are good to go! But let me just hammer the car some more first. I like to confirm via gas pedal :cool:

You have to follow the procedure in the FSM. You have to set the load by screwing in/out the two caps that the axle shafts go through. This requires a special tool, which I made out of an oil filter removal cap. These caps hold the oil seal and the bearing seat. My new press-on bearings for the new diff were different than the bearings on the stock diff. This means the bearing seat in each cap had to be removed as well. There is a special claw tool for this, but I used a hammer and crow bar, gently! Then I gently tapped in the new seat into each of the two end caps. Set the preload per exact FSM instructions. Worked like a charm.

MUST USE GREASE on the stub axles before sliding them into each end of the diff. I had to hammer tap the axles in, snug fit. The manufacturer of the diff assured me this was fine, and I tend to agree. Anyways it's been totally transparent so far, and is stock quiet (which means I didn't blatantly screw up setting it up). I don't exactly live at a race track, so I have to go looking for places to really test it out. Going to do that. But I'm not worried BECAUSE this is basically the existing 4eat LSD internals adapted to work with the 5eat fitment constraints. Fitment is great, so I think we are good to go! But let me just hammer the car some more first. I like to confirm via gas pedal :cool:

WANT!!!

I'm very interested in getting one so Paul can install it along with your pending 08+ Shift kit!! :)

• 1 month later...

Yes, I need to start a group buy for a special manufacturing run of 05-09 5EAT front Torque Biasing Differentials. They are a mechanical diff, but are manufactured by Guard Transmission, not Torsen. I believe I need 5 orders minimum with deposits, and there is a lead time of several months since manufacturing the order only can begin once the group buy is firmly established. Lastly, these are not cheap. It is strictly pay to play with R160 performance differentials, more so for a custom product required by the 5eat. Pleade post here for preliminary interest. Thank you.

I should also mention that FlatIronsTuning on NASIOC has exclusive rights to Guard Transmission vendor status. I have the rights to it on LegacyGT.com and OutbackXT.com. So if they also launch a Group Buy, and I get 3 and they get 2, that counts as 5, and we can move ahead with production. Their terms may be different than mine, but end sale price and delivery time will be the same. I ask you join the group buy on whichever forum or whichever vendor you wish to work with going forward, as you can only pick one. Thank you.

Archived