LegacyGT.com

2011 Sti live

pathfin9

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I never said his car was boring.

But he doesn't care, or know the difference as to what makes the G37x not boring, so what difference does it make?

Longitudinal, who cares. Who cares why it is techically superior to transverse.

Re-active AWD, who cares. Why would Subaru or Audi care about having pro-active permanent AWD?

No stick shift option, who cares. Subaru no longer does... The '10 GT is a no-show on dealer lots and isn't the car that the BL used to be, and nothing else aside from WRX or STI comes with one anymore.

No boxer engine, who cares. Why would Subaru, BMW, Porsche, or Alfa Romeo ever have ever chosen a boxer engine design over an inline or V-engine...

Guest JessterCPA
But he doesn't care, or know the difference as to what makes the G37x not boring, so what difference does it make?

I really do not care how. I know how it all works. I am open to all different ways to make it happen.

OK. You win. You are obviously right, and I should just go buy a Camry & be happy.

I would love an AWD electric only car. No gas engine...no transmission.

Whatever..I'm done here. Sorry to dis-rail the thread.

I didn't FRAKKING SAY THAT. And you missed the point again. You, and the other people here, are the ones telling ME to settle for something else, and be happy with what I don't want.

Buy whatever the HELL you want, for whatever reason or lack of reason you want. I HOPE YOUR G37X IS JUST WHAT YOU WANT. I honestly do.

BUT DON'T BEGRUDGE ME TO GIVE UP THE SAME.

I Don't appreciate people telling me what I should or should not care about, when you turn around and say that you don't know the difference, and don't care about the difference.

Why should you get to tell me what to care or not care about?

Why should you get to tell me to get over it when Subaru stops caring, because people like you DON'T care about the details.

It leaves people like me without options to consider, while people who don't care about the details have plenty of other options to choose from... including the car you did choose.

Fine for you, but it sucks for me. so don't expect me to be all happy about it, and don't tell me to get over it, just because it doesn't matter to YOU.

Guest heightsgtltd

Oh man, how long are you going to moan about all of this shit with no even remote hope of having any effect whatsoever? :lol: :lol:

Here's a thought, why dont you scream all this at the top of your lungs at the nearest wall?

yup.

Lets all let the things we like just go down the tubes, and just stand by and wave goodbye.

Because nobody ever changed anything by actually expressing an opinion, and defending it.

Say bye-bye, Subaru....

"bye-bye Subaru."

As if there weren't enough things that suck in this world, that we should just let the good things slip away without resistance.

My favorite AWD cars are becoming a shadow of what they were... including the fairly technically stagnant new STI.

The motorcycles that I liked all got cancelled...

the government is shredding the freedoms that I enjoy...

My job is getting harder to perform with every budget cut...

My bank account gets thinner every month as prices and taxes rise...

My house is worth less than when I bought it, but my property tax and insurance both go up...

But who cares. Just let it all go away, and wave goodbye as it leaves.

Nobody needs enjoyable things in their lives. I don't drink or smoke, but I enjoy cars and motorcycles, but less and less with each new model that sucks, and each good one that dies and isn't replaced.

yup.

Lets all let the things we like just go down the tubes, and just stand by and wave goodbye.

Because nobody ever changed anything by actually expressing an opinion, and defending it.

Say bye-bye, Subaru....

"bye-bye Subaru."

Five years from now, you'll care about something else.

Unless you're obsessed.......hmmm.

Guest heightsgtltd

:lol:

not to mention, you and many others have expressed these opinions repeatedly, and clearly SOA has not cared or listened by what they have released.

Isn't it time to let it go?

You've expressed that repeatedly.

Shouldn't we just let everything worthwhile just go, just because some bureaucrat or accountant doesn't give a rip that some people at least used to be enthusiastic about things?

What are you enthusiastic about, Heights?

Maybe someone will carelessly, and unfortunately, slowly, and deliberately ruin that, and I can someday try to sympathize, but really just tell you to "let it go."

I don't wish for that, I hope that DOESN'T happen. But maybe it illustrates the frustration a little bit.

Conversely, I don't prefer to just wave goodbye to the things, nor more importantly the people that I like.

As Dylan Thomas wrote:

Do not go gentle into that good night.

Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Guest heightsgtltd

In all seriousness, do you really care that much about Subarus? :confused:

There are ton of things I am enthusiastic about.

Subarus used to be one of those things but it isn't anymore aside from the current LGT I own. Thankfully, I have many other things in life to be enthusiastic about such that I can afford to let this one go since so many other things I like have not been ruined.

To be fair, they still offer a boxer engine, a turbo and AWD just not in a package that interests me.

Guest JessterCPA

My last comment.

It's called CHANGE.

Change happens, the only thing you can do is adapt. We all adapt. Are there things I wish never changed?? Of course, UIGEA, quality of Dell laptops, my beloved Art of Shaving products, and many others. But just because things change does not mean I stop living or stop enjoying things. You find new ways (hopefully better ways) to enjoy things. I loved cars well before I bought my Subaru, and will do well after.

Not all change is good, nor should be embraced.

Discernment is the key to choosing which changes to encourage, and which to defy.

Welcoming all change regardless is reckless and foolish. Many a victim of tyrannical revolution can attest to that, with silence from the grave.

There are other things to be enthusiastic about, that is true. But in case you haven't been watching politics, or the economy, life is getting harder, not easier. And I lament any loss of brightness and enthusiasm in a darkening world, even less imperative ones, like the state of Subaru automobiles.

Just because there are other things to be enthusiastic about, doesn't mean I quietly write-off my enthusiasm for Subarus, as they become something other than worthy of enthusiasm.

My SVX won't last forever, and is already hard to get some specific parts for. What happens when BL Legacys are that old, and Subaru hasn't built other enthusiasm-worthy cars in the time between now and then? They've not made a coupe in 10 model years. What happens if other enthuisasm-worthy products get similarly dropped?

If good things change for the worse, and that change isn't resisted and corrected, you LOSE something good. Justifying that by citing the mainstream non-enthusiasts doesn't help. Also, just because there are other good things doesn't mean you meet losses with nonchalance.

Sometimes history takes a turn for the worse, and people lose a lot of good things, that aren't necessarily replaced with other good things.

For as much as I rail on this, I rail infinitely harder against loss of principles like freedom and liberty, which are also in danger of being lost, and the consequences are monumentally more dire. And I get lambasted the same way, yet I stand so not to lose them.

Do not take things for granted, that they will always be there, or that there will always be something else as a substitute. Don't just wave goodbye to things that you enjoy... they may not necessarily be replaced with something else.

Waving goodbye to an enthusiasm-worthy Legacy today, may result in waving goodbye to an STI in the future. May be waving goodbye to Subaru as a performance-offering brand in the future. IF more companies see that people don't care if they lose options, and don't care if they lose choices... the lowest-common-denominator mentality will spread.

How many AWD coupes were offered in the 90's before the yen crashed, and CAFE decided that trucks should be cheaper to build and sell? there were several, at least.

Then things changed, and sporty coupes of all sorts died off for a good long time.

They still haven't recovered, and you can barely get an AWD coupe for less than 35-40 thousand now, and there are fewer options for both AWD coupes, and coupes in general.

Wagons have all but disappeared, sacrificed on the altar of the utility vehicle that CAFE prefers.

Performance sedans below $35K are getting harder, not easier to come by.

Manual gearboxes are getting harder to come by, Subaru included. Some companies, even Lamborghini, are eliminating them altogether, and Ferrari, of all companies is not far behind.

Product diversity in general has contracted.

Don't take for granted that it won't contract even more. And it isn't just the automotive industry.

I've learned my opinions mean more to me than they do anyone else.

It's best to be discreet with them. A little goes a long way.

or Opinions are like assholes, everybody has one

:lol:

IBtheSVXwasthegreatestSubaruever(X)eleventy

Edit- dammit, pwned by post #114. I knew I had slim window to IB the SVX reference.

IWSS- you have some old members here who are trying to constructively show you the light (well, I'm pretty sarcastic, but that's a given), you just gotta let it go, brother.

I know you don't want to let it go, but your next favorite auto brand might not be Subaru. We see that, and you don't want to admit it.

Maybe the new sporty ToyoBaru will be your cup of tea? Replace your SVX? It's going to be a coupe. Maybe we have a potential match made in heaven for you.

No, and this isn't supposed to be a 'IWSS target thread' but it kinda went there on it's own.

Back on topic- I like the new STi sedan, but it's too boy racer for me. I was at the dealer yesterday and figured if I had to buy another Subaru tomorrow, I'd buy a WRX-265 Sedan. Yes, bland and understated in factory form, but it hauls ass and will look good lowered and shod with some nice wheels.

I'm actually confused why Subaru added the flares to the 2011 WRX so it's almost indistinguishable from the upcoming STi. The STi needs to look different / more muscular than the WRX. If you pay 10 grand more, it should. I know it's all ion the little things like forged wheels, Brembos, tuned suspension, visual cues, but really? The 2011 WRX is a dead ringer for the 2011 STi.

Guest heightsgtltd

I'm actually confused why Subaru added the flares to the 2011 WRX so it's almost indistinguishable from the upcoming STi. The STi needs to look different / more muscular than the WRX. If you pay 10 grand more, it should. I know it's all ion the little things like forged wheels, Brembos, tuned suspension, visual cues, but really? The 2011 WRX is a dead ringer for the 2011 STi.

I think it makes the WRX more visually appealing than it was (and brings you back to earlier WRX design cues) but that was when there was no upper model STi to compete with.

Archived