LegacyGT.com

Wilwood 4-pot caliper kit

Th3Franz

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if you have zero fade at the track, you're not going fast enough.

sorry I am not as fast as you are.

Or have really inappropriate tires.

Direzza star specs and are driven hard enough trust me. Let me rephrase my original statement. Zero would be inaccurate I agree. They do feel like that comparing to previous pads I had though. Minimal fade which is expected and predictable after 20 minutes of beating on it. Minimal enough that it inspires confidence in braking late. Negligible, I guess that was the word I meant to use.

• 3 weeks later...

The Wilwood caliper 120-11135 is exactly the same caliper body and is listed on their website (actually on Porterfield's website http://porterfield-brakes.com/manufacturers.php?manufId=3047) as using the same size rotor. The difference is this:

120-11132 has 1.62" pistons

120-11135 has 1.75" pistons

The 11135 is also available at Summit for the same price. I think that when I do this upgrade, I'm going to go with the larger piston size.

I like the idea of the larger piston sizes,I already have the others though so ill stick with them. Be sure to let us know if you go that route. And I've been thinking the same with a rear brembo,it's just too expensive for the calipers and adapters. I think if I did that I'd want to powder coat the wilwoods to match.

I'm trying to figure out a rear brake upgrade now.. Adapter + Brembo? Adapter + 06 WRX 2 pot? Wilwood or Stoptech rear BBK? Decisions..

I vote wilwood and adapter to match the front. Wilwoods work great and are way cheaper than the brembo's and stoptechs.

Then when you figure out the adapter etc. let us all know ;):spin:

I think the ticket to maintain the balance would be to figure out which Wilwood would be the the correct size to correspond with the LGT rear rotor and then make the brackets for it. Of course, it would be absolutely great if you can find a 2 pot, but if it happens to be a 4 pot, then installing an adjustable proportioning valve like the ones that SSBC sells, would give you the ability to make sure your front and rear braking balance would be correct and also give a lot of adjustability if you run on the track or do AX.

So I've been running these Wilwoods at the track for a few track days (I think like 8). They will start to fade if you're going fast enough and they get really hot. My rotors always get micro cracks and I'm running DBA 4000 rotors.

In the back I just have LGT calipers. I've ben using Hawk DTC-60 pads at the track and they work pretty good.

The next thing I'm going to get is a set of brake ducts:

http://rooducts.randyzimmer.com/?page_id=34

I plan to take out my fog lights and let the holes be the route to the ducts. If all works out right I should be able to put the fog lights back in between track days, or I might just leave it like that full time, depends on how it looks.

So I've been running these Wilwoods at the track for a few track days (I think like 8). They will start to fade if you're going fast enough and they get really hot. My rotors always get micro cracks and I'm running DBA 4000 rotors.

In the back I just have LGT calipers. I've ben using Hawk DTC-60 pads at the track and they work pretty good.

The next thing I'm going to get is a set of brake ducts:

http://rooducts.randyzimmer.com/?page_id=34

I plan to take out my fog lights and let the holes be the route to the ducts. If all works out right I should be able to put the fog lights back in between track days, or I might just leave it like that full time, depends on how it looks.

Those are VERY cool (no pun intended...LOL). I wish they had more information on their website as to installation and showed a photo or two of them installed. Keep me up to date on these if you get them. I would be really interested in how they mount and how they work.

Looked at the Wilwoods today (in my hand) and they are truly sweet calipers. The weight savings will be unbelievable. I can get them for about $135 each (got a buddy....LOL). I'm DEFINITELY going to do this upgrade in the next 30 days or so.

Boy....does word ever travel fast, and it's not even a word as of yet...LOL. I could check about a deal if we were to purchase maybe 20 calipers (10 sets) if there is enough interest.

When I do the upgrade, I'm going to do the 120-11135 with the 1.75" pistons. They are the same price as the 1.62" but larger pistons will obviously cool better. Also, I was told that you can get them in colors IF you want to pay a LOT more and WAIT a long time, so as Henry Ford said "You can have them in any damn color you want as long as it's black"....LOL

Edited by JmP6889928

Those are VERY cool (no pun intended...LOL). I wish they had more information on their website as to installation and showed a photo or two of them installed. Keep me up to date on these if you get them. I would be really interested in how they mount and how they work.

Ok I got the brake ducts ordered. They should be here on Thursday. Plan to install this weekend. I got under the car and looked around and decided the fog light route won't work so well in my car. So I ordered a set of these:

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Allstar-ALL42140-Centered-Plastic-Cooling/dp/B006K8K7TU/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1364952945&sr=8-7&keywords=brake+ducts]Allstar ALL42140 Black 5-1/2" x 8" Single Hole Centered Plastic Brake Cooling Duct : Amazon.com : Automotive[/ame]

Gonna put those behind the opening in the bottom center of the bumper. I already scoped out the hose route and it should work good and not be very noticeable.

• Moderators
you're getting 18.5 wakasa wheels. What do you care if they fit under stock wheels? ;)

Winter wheels :) The BBS will be sold tomorrow as I plan to run something cheaper for winter rubber.

Stock OB, pretty sure they don't fit under stock lgt wheels.

Are you saying that stock OB wheels clear BBKs? I don't think that's the case...PLEASE correct me if I'm wrong.

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

• Moderators
I Know they will fit under 05-07 OBXT, but not 08-09 OBXT (learned that the hard way). Not sure about Legacy wheels.

Well then I'm screwed. I have '09 OB wheels on my '05 and I hate the '05 wheels so I'm not switching, lol.

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

Well then I'm screwed. I have '09 OB wheels on my '05 and I hate the '05 wheels so I'm not switching, lol.

The 08-09 OBXT wheels don't even come close to clearing the Wilwoods. The 05-07 barely clear.

I bought some '04 STI BBS wheels off Nasioc for daily driving. I also got a set of Rotas for track use.