LegacyGT.com

Wilwood 4-pot caliper kit

Th3Franz

What is the Part Number for the 2 piece fronts? Or link possibly? These fit on the LGT? I thought the LGT and WRX rotors and calipers were different.
Racing brake 2020 slotted. If you do the drilled and slotted they make a rear 316 mm rotor and caliper bracket to match it. I just did OEM size front and rear

Sent from my HD1925 using Tapatalk

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Resurrecting this thread. Just installed the wilwoods today and plan to bleed tomorrow. Got to ask, why can’t Wilwood just use the typical banjo fitting instead of some NPT to AN? Feels like my hose will just unscrew itself or leak.

Anything else I may need to know for a safe installation?

• 4 weeks later...
I suppose you could have them talk with Eric Wong at brakeswap.com as he was the one that originally spec'd and sold the kit. For the years that I ran it both on the street and at the track I had no issues running this set up.

I suppose you could have them talk with Eric Wong at brakeswap.com as he was the one that originally spec'd and sold the kit. For the years that I ran it both on the street and at the track I had no issues running this set up.

I’ve chatted with Eric myself too and obviously read through everyone’s thoughts here….seems ok and people like you have ran it w/o issues. I think I’m ok but Alas brembo itch is scratching again every time one person sows doubt

I’m sure you’ve experienced the uneven pad wear due to the pads not covering the rotors but having overhang… what do you think of that?

Edited by kaitanium

Not sure on the overhang issues you mention. For me this kit was more wanting to have a bigger pad to cover the unswept area that could be used to help stop. My brakeswap.com set up, bought used from a forum member on here, using my GT OEM rotor size, (11.3" if I remember?) gave me good wear since the pad had full footprint + some. I had mentioned my hopes that the caliper would cover more of the rotor face when I first installed it. Eric said it was a fair point, but this kit was designed to get someone into a good, non-floating caliper without breaking the bank, hence the OEM spec rotors. I ran the Napa Ultra Premiums with these as they were inexpensive and stood up to the street / track use my car was seeing at the time, especially for the money to replace them.

IMG_0011.thumb.jpg.bc0dbe0e15f70c3abf4310749072581a.jpg

Edited by shralp

Not sure on the overhang issues you mention. For me this kit was more wanting to have a bigger pad to cover the unswept area that could be used to help stop. My brakeswap.com set up, bought used from a forum member on here, using my GT OEM rotor size, (11.3" if I remember?) gave me good wear since the pad had full footprint + some. I had mentioned my hopes that the caliper would cover more of the rotor face when I first installed it. Eric said it was a fair point, but this kit was designed to get someone into a good, non-floating caliper without breaking the bank, hence the OEM spec rotors. I ran the Napa Ultra Premiums with these as they were inexpensive and stood up to the street / track use my car was seeing at the time, especially for the money to replace them.

yea and i think for what this kit was designed for (utilizing OEM rotors + non float caliper) it hits the nail on the spot. how many years/miles did you run the setup for?

I do have pad overhang using wilwood pads. Maybe about 3mm. You can make it out in this pic. Pad is the gray thing sticking out with the small grooves marked by red arrows. yellow shows edge of rotor, blue pointing at rotor

20220104-224938.jpg

I guess most of my concern would be this where only 60% of rotor is used. Im NOT going to be tracking at all (car would be an embarrassment on the track). Wonder if prolonged street use over the years and heat in only this 60% and not the other 30-40% would cause issues. Overall Eric has told me no issues at all. And no one here has ever mentioned anything but liking the upgrade so...maybe all is cool! All in all i do not want any safety concerns.

20220104-180822.jpg

Edited by kaitanium

yea and i think for what this kit was designed for (utilizing OEM rotors + non float caliper) it hits the nail on the spot. how many years/miles did you run the setup for?

I do have pad overhang using wilwood pads. Maybe about 3mm. You can make it out in this pic. Pad is the gray thing sticking out with the small grooves marked by red arrows. yellow shows edge of rotor, blue pointing at rotor

20220104-224938.jpg

I guess most of my concern would be this where only 60% of rotor is used. Im NOT going to be tracking at all (car would be an embarrassment on the track). Wonder if prolonged street use over the years and heat in only this 60% and not the other 30-40% would cause issues. Overall Eric has told me no issues at all. And no one here has ever mentioned anything but liking the upgrade so...maybe all is cool! All in all i do not want any safety concerns.

20220104-180822.jpg

Gotcha, yup you've got a newer set up than my caliper was. I ran mine for about 4 yrs if I remember correctly. Power and suspension mods finally got me to the point where they just weren't enough and thats when the StopTech Trophy kit went on. Can't say that the overhang is going to adversely affect the set up. Maybe a random squeak if its rubbing funny but given the expansion and contraction the rotors go thru you might even end up with a bit of air gap and only see near contact when they are hot. More than anything, that extra unswept rotor is still acting as a good heat sink which is good for longevity with your wheel bearings, etc. Would still rather have had it full contact as well but at least its doing something :)