LegacyGT.com

Standalone Logging to MicroSD w/ OPv2.0

Underdog

I was told by the previous owner of the tactrix(used can logging to his 08) that the drivers were updated. I'm contacting him now to get the license so that I can update it.

The LC1 works great with my laptop. I'm starting to suspect the actual 2.5mm port on the tactrix itself. It clicks in but there I don't really see any metal leads coming out to make contact. I did get different values from the LC1 via SD card logging once but the numbers were 58 and 59 and it kept flipping between those two numbers.

I'm actually in Austin.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I was told by the previous owner of the tactrix(used can logging to his 08) that the drivers were updated. I'm contacting him now to get the license so that I can update it.

The LC1 works great with my laptop. I'm starting to suspect the actual 2.5mm port on the tactrix itself. It clicks in but there I don't really see any metal leads coming out to make contact. I did get different values from the LC1 via SD card logging once but the numbers were 58 and 59 and it kept flipping between those two numbers.

I'm actually in Austin.

You don't need a license to update it. It's just the name of the window. If you are using the latest version of ecuflash and it pops up to the licensing window with a text box then it is already updated. It would just start flashing the device if it wasn't updated. You can close the window and continue on without a license.

One of the things I have noticed about both the 2.5mm and the usb port is that the only thing holding them in is solder. I have had to repair my usb port a few times. It is very possible the 2.5mm is damaged.

I see. I'm in Houston unfortunately I never really get out to Austin.

• 2 months later...
I'm digging this thread up a little... I'm finding next to no documentation on doing microSD logging. I received my Tatrix OpenPort 2.0 rev E today in the mail... I've read about the log config text file, and that's all well & good... but what should be on my microSD card....
Tits mcgee

I've been running with an 8GB card ever since I started this thread. I have never checked any of the logs, other than to make sure they were there. :lol:

Crap. I guess it's too late to get my 8GB card back... :lol: ehh, they're cheap.

...but has anyone really ever filled up 2GB of logs? That's a LOT of data.

Tits mcgee

I have a 1gb, I use the standalone logging mainly for dialing in CL as my LC1 still wont feed any data. That being said, those cruise files are usually pretty big but I've never come close to even hitting 1gb. I don't have 30 min logs but still enough for over 7k lines of valid CL data.

Kevin @ Tactrix helped a lot. I'm going to edit out my post above, as it is not representative of the log files I've put together so far. I'm using a 2GB file & am creating a few different logcfg.txt files that I can swap in & out of the root directory as needed.
Tits mcgee

• 6 months later...

I finally got my LC1 to feed my OP2 so I now have full standalone logging with wideband O2 :D. I figured out that it wont feed lambda to do the scaling calculation but it will feed AFR directly from the LC1. The only "problem" I see is that it has no upper bound after lifting so I'll see 43-130:1 AFR lol but it will show the lift in the throttle column. I'll be using it to check my tune and only using the laptop for LV's and more precise logging now. My config file:

*Edit* Next post has current config file and LC1 will feed lambda but the 2.5mm cable I bought was junk. Now using a 3.5mm cable with 2.5mm adapters on both ends. Cable should "click" in or it wont push the data.

• 1 month later...

I know this is pretty dead and no one uses it but the site that has the parameters is working again. Standalone logging did exactly what I wanted it to do in the previous post. After doing WOT pulls everyday to work and back home, I found my AFR's dipping really rich(9.9 at peak torque, 10.2 at redline) while MAF volts were higher than usual; turned out my BOV was leaking. Daily logging :D No laptop, with wideband and more info than just LV's.

Type your ecu into the space or use the config file creator found on openecu. If you use the program from openecu, make sure the romraider def's are in the same file as the program and run as admin.

http://www.verticaltier.net/configtool/logger.php

http://forums.openecu.org/viewtopic.php?f=57&t=4396

Also, Ecuflash 1.44 is out which fixed some bugs and added a few features.

Here is my current config file:

type=ssmk

;-------ENGINE-------------

paramname = RPM

paramid = 0x00000E

databits = 16

scalingrpn = x,4,/

paramname = Load

paramid = 0xFF5328

databits = 16

scalingrpn = x,.00006103516,*

paramname = Throttle

paramid = 0x000015

databits = 8

scalingrpn = x,100,*,255,/

paramname = Total_Timing

paramid = 0x000011

databits = 8

scalingrpn = x,128,-,2,/

;----------AIR FLOW-------------

paramname = MAF_V

paramid = 0x00001D

databits = 8

scalingrpn = x,50,/

;paramname = MAF_G/S

;paramid = 0x000013

;databits = 16

;scalingrpn = x,100,/

paramname = IAT

paramid = 0x000012

databits = 8

scalingrpn = 32,9,x,40,-,*,5,/,+

sampgroup = 2

;---------BOOST----------------------

paramname = MRP

paramid = 0xFF5336

databits = 16

scalingrpn = x,760,-,0.01933677,*

;paramname = WGDC

;paramid = 0xFF5314

;databits = 16

;scalingrpn = x,.00390625,*

;paramname = MRPTarget

;paramid = 0xFF533C

;databits = 16

;scalingrpn = x,760,-,0.01933677,*

;-----------KNOCK CONTROL-------------

;paramname = IAM

;paramid = 0xFF5355

;databits = 8

;scalingrpn = x,.0625,*

;paramname = FBKC

;paramid = 0xFF5350

;databits = 8

;scalingrpn = x,.3515625,*,45,-

;paramname = FLKC

;paramid = 0xFF5353

;databits = 8

;scalingrpn = x,.3515625,*,45,-

paramname = Knock_Sum

paramid = 0xFF5D08

databits = 8

scalingrpn = x

;----------------FUELING----------

paramname = FFB

paramid = 0xFF5326

databits = 16

scalingrpn = 14.7,x,.0004882812,*,/

;paramname = AFCorrection

;paramid = 0x000009

;databits = 8

;scalingrpn = x,128,-,100,*,128,/

;paramname = AFLearning

;paramid = 0x00000A

;databits = 8

;scalingrpn = x,128,-,100,*,128,/

;paramname = IPW

;paramid = 0x000020

;databits = 8

;scalingrpn = x,256,*,1000,/

;isvisible = 0

;paramname = CL/OL

;paramid = 0xFF6FA5

;databits = 8

;scalingrpn = x,6,+

;type=calc

;paraname = IDC

;scalingrpn = RPM,IPW,*,0.0008333333,*

;sampgroup = 2

;-----------OTHER-----------------

;paramname = MPH

;paramid = 0x000010

;databits = 8

;scalingrpn = x,0.621371192,*

;paramname = Gear

;paramid = 0x00004A

;databits = 8

;scalingrpn = x,1,+

;sampgroup = 2

;paramname = ECT

;paramid = 0x000008

;databits = 8

;scalingrpn = 32,9,x,40,-,*,5,/,+

;sampgroup = 2

;paramname = Misfire1

;paramid = 0x0000CE

;databits = 8

;scalingrpn = x

;paramname = Misfire2

;paramid = 0x0000CF

;databits = 8

;scalingrpn = x

;paramname = Misfire3

;paramid = 0x0000D8

;databits = 8

;scalingrpn = x

;paramname = Misfire4

;paramid = 0x0000D9

;databits = 8

;scalingrpn = x

;-------------TRIGGERS---------------

;Logging activated via defogger or when throttle is > 50%

paramname = defogger_sw

paramid = 0x64

databits = 1

offsetbits = 5

isvisible = 0

conditionrpn = defogger_sw,1,==,Throttle,51,>=,||

action = start

conditionrpn = defogger_sw,0,==,Throttle,49,<=,&&

action = stop

;-----------WIDEBAND LC1---------

type=inno

paramname = LC1

paramid = 0x0101

scalingrpn = x,14.7,*

**note: IDC will not work unless IPW is defined. "isvisible=0" means that it will define it but not log it(I actually haven't confirmed that type= calc works). Any line with a semicolon is not seen so you can pick and choose parameters by adding in or deleting semicolons. This config file is for ECU A2WF200N with mostly 1 byte or 2 byte parameters for better resolution. Any parameter with "sampgroup = 2" was given lower priority.

• 7 months later...
Geez....noob error. I had my file named as logcfg.txt.txt :spin:

I just went and tested the logging while parked. Looks like it's working fine except some of the values are weird. Namely the manifold relative pressure. The values look like "63508700"

Another weird thing is the engine speed is recording decimals as well. But that's not as important.

I'll attach a log so you can see...

I was having this exact problem with all of my 4-byte parameters. found THIS romraider thread that answers it.

Problem is the line "databits = 32" for each 4-byte parameter. Change this line to "isfloat = 1" and that should solve the issue.

I haven't tested on my log yet but will in a few hours to see if that fixes it.

Archived