LegacyGT.com

2nd Gens for sale?!?!Cars and Parts??!?!?!

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well Im gonna put it up for $4500 or best offer and take what I can get, I've put $1000's into this car and I know im not gonna get any of that back. But it's time to let someone else love my subaru.

:lol: :lol: :lol: not to be a dick but youre not gonna get close to 4500 for that car. even if it was in mint showroom condition with no rust and less than 100k miles, youll be lucky to see over 3k for it. just giving you some forewarning up front so youre not weirded out by phone calls with "lowball offers." but anyway, good luck with the sale. let us know how much you sell it for. maybe youll find that 1 dumbass who will pay asking price or close to it.

oh I know I wont get that much, When I sell cars I like to go about it like the dealerships do. Starting price above actual value then let them "talk me down" that way they feel like they got a good deal and I get at or above the actual value of the car. I have bought and sold many cars, trucks, and suvs.

And I have completely restored this car from the ground up. the motor was completely rebuilt at 176,000miles the car now has 205,000miles so the engine has about 29,000 miles on it. there really isn't much that a new buyer has to worry about breaking because this car is 90% new.

Ha I thought $4,500 was a good deal for everything he has done and consider the year of the car and the Limited Edition status. $4,500 for any 1998 Subaru up here is a steal! People are selling theres for that much up and they have 150,000+ miles (on original everything) and they sell in no time.

:lol: :lol: :lol: not to be a dick but youre not gonna get close to 4500 for that car. even if it was in mint showroom condition with no rust and less than 100k miles, youll be lucky to see over 3k for it. just giving you some forewarning up front so youre not weirded out by phone calls with "lowball offers." but anyway, good luck with the sale. let us know how much you sell it for. maybe youll find that 1 dumbass who will pay asking price or close to it.

oh hellll no... there's 96 outbacks here with 140,xxx on the clock and beat to shit still selling for 6k... come this way and sell it

Haha see! Zues knows what I mean. Someone is selling a fricken 1998 Outback Limited Edition for 8 grand. Not even kidding, I saw one on Spokane Craigslist, that was a while ago though. I even saw a 1999 Outback with only the cold weather package w/100,000 miles for $11,000 over in Seattle.

And the funny thing is.. People up here buy them for that much. Subidude, your LGT would be sold the minute you posted it up here.

I once bought a 1994 Honda Civic Ex for $800 with 190,000ish miles on it with a blow engine. I beat the S**t out of the car, had all kinds of fun with it. Stripped it primed it, bondo over all the dents and rust, pieced together a body kit from various body kits, put on some cheap rims, exhaust, intake, short shifter, other $5 parts. and a yr later Sold it for $2000 still with a blown motor blown smoke like crazy, clutch barley worked, only one motor mount holding in engine in, 4 blown shocks because I threw on $25 ebay coil over sleeves on it, no air bags, no ac, no power steering, exhaust all clamped together, no cat, check engine light on, srs light on. and I STILL got $2000 for it! D**m I'm good lol

Paid $800 for car

Paid $300 in parts and upgrades

Total=$1100

Sold it for $2000

Buying beating the crap out of a car having fun working on it and selling it for a profit a year later: PRICELESS!

Oh yea I know when I lived in Vermont it was ridiculous what people are willing to pay for a Subaru, But i live in North Carolina now and everyone around here is like, Whats a Subaru? lol I'm gonna post ads on Craig's list in places with snow and should get a pretty penny for it. i hope

ok listen here. you guys have a bunch of stories. not calling you liars. but stories are stories. stories are something that dont involve you. here something that involves me. i have a 98 OB limited 30th ani. with a 5 speed. i have a signed and certified paper from SOA with vin # and all saying this car is 1 in 1200 ever produced. i got it for 3200 bucks. so.....do the math. a 99 OB w/cold weather package.....not that impressive.

^ im not sure what you're trying to prove... respectfully speaking of course

but car sales depends solely on the place you're trying to sell in...a car sold in Cali for $3,000 could easily sell for $5,000 here in WA even after 20k miles and a rust attack

I wasn't saying it was significant... I was just giving an example of how astronomical the price is for not a whole lot... I mean you sink 11 grand into it just for buying it and then you will have to do the whole headgasket thing when that comes around. I'm saying that is more money than it is worth.

^ im not sure what you're trying to prove

not trying to prove anything. im just saying. it doesnt matter where the location is, these cars arent worth as much as some people think. my car is a perfect example. 1 in 1200 with SOA proof and i got it for a lot less than 4500. unfortunatly now its being parted out. so if anyone has a dark green OB or even an l wagon, i could sell my vin plate and slip from SOA to you ;)

ok listen here. you guys have a bunch of stories. not calling you liars. but stories are stories. stories are something that dont involve you. here something that involves me. i have a 98 OB limited 30th ani. with a 5 speed. i have a signed and certified paper from SOA with vin # and all saying this car is 1 in 1200 ever produced. i got it for 3200 bucks. so.....do the math. a 99 OB w/cold weather package.....not that impressive.

what stories where told here that didn't involve the person telling the story?

hehe a little steep only because of the trouble i went through with research and to get soa to actually agree to send me the slip. theres only one problem with selling you my vin plate...technically, i would have to sign my title over to you cause you cant just change the vin on a vehicle. so heres how it would work before i tell you how much. i would sign my title over to you, send you the title, plate, and slip to you(even if you report the car stolen, it wont get back to me cause theres no vin on my block as i have had 3 different engines in my car. and ive torn the sticker off the door) then you would have to register it like you bought a new vehicle. put the new vin plate on your dash while in the process, making it look stock(this involves removing the top piece off the dash the gain access to the bottom of the vin plate). then e-check it(if required) and plate it. now, why go through all this trouble you ask: well with this vin plate, you can aquire collector plates for it. all you need is proof of another vehicle (EI your current title which you will still posses). collector plates not only are BA, but exempt you from e-check(if your state requires it). i hope this all made sence. but for the plate and slip 200 bucks. which is on the light side cause i went through 4 months of hasle to get it. which kinda sucks cause as soon as i got it, is when i blew my final motor. :(

what stories where told here that didn't involve the person telling the story?

Someone is selling a fricken 1998 Outback Limited Edition for 8 grand. Not even kidding, I saw one on Spokane Craigslist, that was a while ago though. I even saw a 1999 Outback with only the cold weather package w/100,000 miles for $11,000 over in Seattle.

:spin:

if youre gonna do it with an L, i would recommend putting OB bumper on it first. just in that extreme off chance during the process you come across that one guy that knows subies. but thats just a recommendation. if the money is there, ill do whatever. lol theres no record of this car even being in my "legal" driveway anyway. lol

Archived