LegacyGT.com

where to buy spec b aluminum rear trailing arms?

bace

i havent really found too many places to buy these. there is a pair on ebay for $770 shipped and a friend at a dealership can get them for $100 less than the ebay one. does anybody know where they might be cheaper? nothing in the members classified. maybe a salvage yard? any recommendations would be appreciated.

thanks.

I bought mine from the dealership... they were expensive and made very little difference in the handling of the car.

i guess $600 is a lil much just to lose a couple lbs of unsprung weight from the rears. thanks for the input.. dam modding bug fogging up my judgments.

I just bought some Spec B parts (radio, steering wheel) from a salvage company called Millenium Auto Sales. I found them off of car-part.com. Call them up at 586-336-9600 and ask for Frank. The Spec B in question was a rollover, so it's got a lot of good parts. Frank says the seats and door cards are in great condition, he thinks the struts are fine, he's got the 6 speed transmission, the engine. Don't know how the rear trailing arms would fare in a rollover, but it's worth giving him a call.

I second the 'junk yard' idea - but I wouldn't really call them junk yards anymore. There's a local one that can get spec b lower control arms for $125 each. I haven't looked into the rears yet but I'm sure they'd be able to find them. Bluesuby was right - they're able to find parts all over the country.
...Support your LGT community...

Try Fred Beans Parts if you really want a set.

I already sent them a pm before i made this thread. Seems like they're still getting the prices.

I just bought some Spec B parts (radio, steering wheel) from a salvage company called Millenium Auto Sales. I found them off of car-part.com. Call them up at 586-336-9600 and ask for Frank. The Spec B in question was a rollover, so it's got a lot of good parts. Frank says the seats and door cards are in great condition, he thinks the struts are fine, he's got the 6 speed transmission, the engine. Don't know how the rear trailing arms would fare in a rollover, but it's worth giving him a call.
Thanks for the info! i'll be sending them an email tonight and a call tomorrow.

I second the 'junk yard' idea - but I wouldn't really call them junk yards anymore. There's a local one that can get spec b lower control arms for $125 each. I haven't looked into the rears yet but I'm sure they'd be able to find them. Bluesuby was right - they're able to find parts all over the country.
happen to know what the name/info on this local salvage yard?

thanks for the replies everyone. I really appreciate it.

A little off topic: Realized that the steering wheel (with radio controls) was from a 2008, which wouldn't be plug and play for my 2005 due to the different sized air bags, so I'm not getting it. If anyone is interested in it, you can contact Frank at the number above.

Archived