LegacyGT.com

2011 Hyundai Sonata

Hi all,

Despite the fact that they released the 2011 in February of 2010, I was wondering what everyone thought of the new Sonata. I sat it one, it's pretty nice. Plasticky in areas, but overall for the price it seemed like a pretty good value. They didn't have any MTs in my area so I haven't driven one yet.

they are really pushing the genesis look onto the rest of the cars.....

i had a sonata as a rental just last month. it was ok. i mean it was soft/slow to me due to having coilovers on my sentra and more power.

for a mid-sized sedan for just daily or family duty, i would be fine having one

I don't own one and didn't take any pictures when I was there. They seem to be starting to trickle into dealers. http://www.autoblog.com/2010/02/22/2011-hyundai-sonata-review/

All you have to do is right-click the pic in the autoblog, save as, upload to your fav imaging site (I suggest TINYPIC.COM) and follow instructions. Once uploaded you will be given a link for embeding like this:

The 2011 Hyundai Sonata

http://i45.tinypic.com/15varo.jpg

Looks like a stink-bug (beetle?) to me

I think the "4 cylinder only" approach is a mistake. 200hp / 185 tq is commendable from a 2.4 liter but the old model's v6 made 250hp and 230 tq -- both much more robust than this model. The price point stays the same at around $27k with every possible option and that's pretty high for such a loss of power.

They say there will be a turbo 4 option later in the year. That's also an odd choice for a mainstream family sedan. Is this 1980s Chrysler part 2? The new platform is a great improvement but the underhood neutering may keep it from selling to its potential.

It's probably a fuel consumption change. A 4 cylinder engine is often easier on the fuel consumption than a 6 cylinder. Even if you have a turbo on the 4 cylinder.

What matters is if it's tuned to the driving cycle that is used to measure fuel consumption by EPA and other authorities.

453747.png

Hyundai SonataSis turbo???

Eiter way, it looks like a bad copy of a Benz, and I thought Hyundai was above that by now.

Kia with their (really nice, actually) Forte copy of the Civic- I can understand, but Hyundai.....?

Archived