LegacyGT.com

Perrin 25MM Rear Bar $89.99?

integroid

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Funny thing is, is that i broke 3 sets of stock clamps in about 3 years and have now been on my last set of stock ones for over 2 years (I ordered 4 stock sets the first time i broke them). I wonder why the first 3 sets broke so quick and the last set hasn't. I keep inspecting them and they look good as new. Anyways, I have the beefier ones ready to go, just am waiting for my last stock set to break (if that will even happen)

• 2 weeks later...
Oh, so is that a reinforcement bracket and stronger U clamp all-in-one? I already have the Perrin brackets..

Then you should be fine.

There really is no reason to go with aftermarket end links since our rear end links are already metal. I put on a set of Perrin's because I thought they were plastic until I went back there to install the Perrin's. I did not notice one bit of dirrence with the Perrin end links.

yes. my perrin ones wore out very quickly and started making noise. the ES ones i have now are going strong after 2+ years, and i autox regularly and beat the hell out of my car. there hasnt been rear end noise since i installed them.

Then you should be fine.

There really is no reason to go with aftermarket end links since our rear end links are already metal. I put on a set of Perrin's because I thought they were plastic until I went back there to install the Perrin's. I did not notice one bit of dirrence with the Perrin end links.

Are you sure? My stock endlinks looked like KNEX or Tinker Toys, My aftermarket ones were almost half the weight and twice as beefier. I would highly suggest gettin aftermarket endlinks since the stocks are known to fail if you plan on driving spirited

yes. my perrin ones wore out very quickly and started making noise. the ES ones i have now are going strong after 2+ years, and i autox regularly and beat the hell out of my car. there hasnt been rear end noise since i installed them.

Just ordered 2 sets of the 22mm bushings from ES per your suggestion. I think my stock bushings are starting to clunk now when I go over speed bumps and the like. So annoying.

If you buy the right bushings from energy suspension, they come with stronger u clamps. and they are greasable too!

here is a direct link

http://www.energysuspensionparts.com/proddetail.asp?prod=9.5161

^ OK, I'm stoopid, and need help. :redface::p

So I want to order quantity of 1 (one), right? since they come in a paired set, right?

:redface:

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

Archived