LegacyGT.com

Perrin 25MM Rear Bar $89.99?

integroid

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^ I'm actually tempted to do so - but since I can't account for potential emergency maneuvers, I honestly also don't think I should. :lol:

My front 25mm is on back-order, so I'm just sitting pretty until it comes, the spaghetti al-denture on both ends.

----

OK, so I've got an install related question:

I've been doing a lot of install-related reading, and it seems to be quite conflicting as to whether to install these on ramps (i.e. with the suspension loaded) or on jackstands (unloaded).

I have yet to dig up my Vacation Pix, but the Haynes suggests removing the wheels, for both installs, which would mean jackstands.....

What's everyone's preference?

And if the swap-over should be done unloaded, are there any components that should be left "loose," and tightened after the suspension is loaded? From one thread/post, I recall that the suggestion was to tighten all but the bar brackets - to hit those to torque-specs after the suspension is loaded. ???

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

My front 25mm is on back-order, so I'm just sitting pretty until it comes, the spaghetti al-denture on both ends.

Um....OK, that was fast.... :eek: Found these on my door-step, when I came home today!

Dangit - wifey's :wub:birthday is this weekend, she'll kill me if I spent time with the other wife. :lol: But if I don't do it this weekend, it's gonna be nothing 'till May! :spin:

Sigh....a month in the dog-house, or a month with less driving fun? :p I guess I'll prolong things by researching my endlinks selection a little more.

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

TSI, did you order energy suspension bushings?

^ Yep.

I went with simple black. :)

....the same cost and self-lubricating.

^ That's always a good thing, right? :eek::lol::p;)

Do the universal 25mm energy suspension bushings fit a 25mm front sway bar? I can't get a good look at the bushing/clamps yet until I lift and remove the wheels, etc.

Ordered a set for the rear sway bar already. Yes the black ones are a no-brainer.

Do the universal 25mm energy suspension bushings fit a 25mm front sway bar? I can't get a good look at the bushing/clamps yet until I lift and remove the wheels, etc.

Ordered a set for the rear sway bar already. Yes the black ones are a no-brainer.

From what Ive read, you have to trim the actual clamp for it to fit in the stock location.

As far as sizing, 25mm should be 25mm.

From what Ive read, you have to trim the actual clamp for it to fit in the stock location.

^ That's what I recall reading, too.

Same. Got the greasable black. No sense getting red when black is the same cost and self-lubricating.

First time I've heard that there is a difference, other than color, between the red and black Energy Suspension bushings...

Can you point me to where it says this?

Color

Energy Suspension makes parts in 2 colors. Red and Black.

How are these two colors different?

The only difference between the red and black parts is that most Black Energy Suspension parts are Graphite Impregnated. This serves to help self lubricate the bushings. The Red parts do not have this characteristic. Aside from the actual color and the lack of being Graphite Impregnated - the red parts are essentially the same as the black.

I thought that the RED parts were harder and more performance oriented?

This is a common misconception. The red parts have the same durometer (hardness) as the Black parts and differ only in their actual appearance (color) and the fact that they're NOT graphite impregnated like the Black parts.

Why do people buy the red parts when they're not Graphite Impregnated like the Black parts?

In the end this is really because some people simplylike the color Red more than Black.

I thought Energy Suspension Made parts in Yellow and Blue as well?

Unfortunately Energy Suspension stopped producing these colors a long time ago and they are no longer available on the market.

From EnergySuspensionParts.com

I received my rear sway bar the other week and today I just got my front one. I was already to install them tomorrow but then I realized I needed bushings for the rear sway bar. That would of been a oh shit moment tomorrow, so I ordered some energy suspension bushings for the front and rear sway bars and I'll probably be putting them in next weekend end. Oh well tomorrow isn't a waste, I got a trans mount to put it.

276hp/347tq On a DynoJet

Dyno Video - Had a big lean spot as you can tell in the second pull

----

OK, so I've got an install related question:

I've been doing a lot of install-related reading, and it seems to be quite conflicting as to whether to install these on ramps (i.e. with the suspension loaded) or on jackstands (unloaded).

I have yet to dig up my Vacation Pix, but the Haynes suggests removing the wheels, for both installs, which would mean jackstands.....

What's everyone's preference?

And if the swap-over should be done unloaded, are there any components that should be left "loose," and tightened after the suspension is loaded? From one thread/post, I recall that the suggestion was to tighten all but the bar brackets - to hit those to torque-specs after the suspension is loaded. ???

I have done it both ways and it is easier to do it on ramps with the suspension loaded. You have to work against the bar when you have the suspension unloaded and car on stands.

You can go ahead and install it with the Perrin bushings for now. It takes all of like 10 minutes to swap bushings on the rear.

I didn't get bushings when I got the rear bar, just the bar :( I can wait another week for the goodness :)

276hp/347tq On a DynoJet

Dyno Video - Had a big lean spot as you can tell in the second pull

I only have one shop style floor jack...not sure how I can install the front bar very easily. The rear bar looks much easier to install for wagon owners especially if you have an Outback...lots of room to work with.

Archived