LegacyGT.com

went in a ditch

i'm mad afraid of getting hit from behind at a stop light. there's some things you can't prep for...yeah lgtlover i was looking for a 99 limited w/the 5speed but settled on the year before where they DIDN'T OFFER :(

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i think that more than makes up for the hit and run. i was looking everywhere in the northeast for a 5speed legacy, and was so excited to see this one because it was posted as a MANUAL. but once we found out it was an auto, and we got a good price, AND the fact that my brother can't drive a stick to save his life, we took it :/

I am going to do a manual swap to mine soon. Done a couple of trans jobs so I am ok with the swap. I wanted a manual (it is all I used to drive) but I got this car traded straight up for my 98 F150 Off-Road and could not pass it up.

Yeah, easy on the gas, easy on the brakes, don't try to turn too quickly. Keep a large stopping distance to the car in front of you. Assume every other driver will do the stupidest thing possible, and plan accordingly.

It's not like its rocket surgery or something. :spin:

Yeah, easy on the gas, easy on the brakes, don't try to turn too quickly. Keep a large stopping distance to the car in front of you. Assume every other driver will do the stupidest thing possible, and plan accordingly.

Isn't that how this thread started in the first place?

It is still ugly.

I have the LM25's, they are awesome. But after the RE92's, just about anything seems awesome. Those tires really really sucked....

The Blizzaks pick up pebbles like nothing else, that is the only thing that annoys me about them. Otherwise, wearing well, starting my 4th season on the same set. Lots of tread left. :)

I think you mean, "hard on the brakes, jerk the wheel in the direction opposite the one you want to go, then turn in & power on all the way through the corner." Remember, kids: Scandinavian Flicks don't crash cars, poorly placed ditches crash cars.

sorry...this forum practically blows goat nuts so im not always on here.
Team Pony Express

POSTED FROM MY COMPUTER USING A WEB BROWSER

If you keep talking about Scandanavian Flicks then Nils might come in here and start talking about Bergman or some lame crap:spin:

So lgtgirl06, what summer tires are you going with? My Pilot Sports are about done after about 20k, thinking of Hankooks Ventus V12, they are half the price and people say they are great.

+1 :lol:

what's interesting, though, when the time comes, there's a learning curve between those that react accordingly and those that forget everything they've ever learned about "good" driving in bad conditions and freak. so, crank that wheel and mash the throttle, because it happens to the best of us :iam: but seriously, don't do that. think haha.

looking into blizzaks for next year! need a set of steelies first, so saving money now

So lgtgirl06, what summer tires are you going with? My Pilot Sports are about done after about 20k, thinking of Hankooks Ventus V12, they are half the price and people say they are great.

I didn't really go for a real summer tire. We had a ton of rain here last year and I commute 35 miles each way to work. I went with 235/40/18 Eagle F1's AS. :)

I didn't really go for a real summer tire. We had a ton of rain here last year and I commute 35 miles each way to work. I went with 235/40/18 Eagle F1's AS. :)

Those should be pretty decent tires. I heard the F1 GS-D3's are fantastic in the rain, and Goodyear is offering an $80 rebate right now. So tempting... :)

Kaz, I can't drive a stick for crap but I would like to have one and one I got used to it I'm sure I'd like it. They are really hard to come by here in the Northwest too. I've been looking for one within 500 miles of where I live and still nothing. I'm on craigslist everyday looking lol And I know what you mean about the red light thing, some people come flying up behind me and I'm thinking $#!+ are they going to stop?!

Kaz, I can't drive a stick for crap but I would like to have one and one I got used to it I'm sure I'd like it. They are really hard to come by here in the Northwest too. I've been looking for one within 500 miles of where I live and still nothing. I'm on craigslist everyday looking lol And I know what you mean about the red light thing, some people come flying up behind me and I'm thinking $#!+ are they going to stop?!

stick is easy once you get the rhythm, you'll be fine! right now i'm driving my dad's audi to get some practice, and it's alotta fun haha. really? it's a dying breed in america from what i hear; in europe it's a 50/50 split for standards and slushboxes, while it's more like 10 for standards and 90 for autos. i'm bummed dude...let me know when you come across one. still searching here :/

Archived