LegacyGT.com

went in a ditch

My dad bought my car for $1,000 and put $1,200 into fixing it three years ago. It's a great little car but living in North Idaho I wish I had had a little more ground clearance. Where I used to live I would almost get high centered if the road wasn't plowed all the time. But this year winter has been an epic fail. We have had an total of 13" of snow this winter and almost none of it is still on the ground. Last year and year before we had a total snow fall of just under or over 100", talk about a huge change!

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply
In my defense, it was caused by a 2WD van with baled all seasons. Either hit the van and total my car, or get stuck in a snow bank. I've never gone off the road of my own accord. But I have gotten stuck in one or two snow banks in parking lots... :redface:

If you hang out in this thread long enough, Scoop, you might learn a little bit about your car. :rolleyes::lol:

I hope so. I want to enhance my LGT ownership experience with some expert advice from some of the very knowledgeable posters in here. :)

Move this stupid shit somewhere else! If you are not going to help these guys with their problems then stay the hell out of our section. Keep it in your 4th gens or off topics! And no I am not one of those first car drivers! Where are the mods when you need them?

Move this stupid shit somewhere else! If you are not going to help these guys with their problems then stay the hell out of our section. Keep it in your 4th gens or off topics! And no I am not one of those first car drivers! Where are the mods when you need them?

Who are you, the OP's father? :lol:

The best thing that will help these guys is some common sense, which sadly they do do seem to have been born with. :spin:

Failing that, I would hope they have enough intelligence to have learned from their mistakes so they do not repeat them. Unfortunately, I have some pretty serious doubts about this as well. :spin:

One can only hope they don't hurt themselves, or even worse, someone else who may be an innocent victim of their stupid recklessness. :spin:

+1

i'm learning alot, i'm 17, and i know what not to do and what to do to my gt. alot of the things i've done have come off the backlash of this forum (different mods, driving, specs, etc.), and it's good to see that there's people with common sense out there to help people that want to learn. i'm not void of common sense completely :) but when it comes to driving, i'm still picking stuff up, and what i've heard the most is you need all of your senses to stay safe, and tips always help. after all, the root of it is to get from point A to B safely

+1 ^

Quoted in case you delete it :p

If you don't like what's on the forum GTFO, it's that simple.

Lessee... the officers exact words were, "In Colorado it is unlawful to lose control of your vehicle". He then handed me a ticket for careless driving.

Your tires look like Michelin winter ones, so I agree with the officer. Loosing control with those means someone was going too fast.

exactly. I think we can all learn a little here; glad you're ok after it, glad the car's repairable, and glad we took what we got from it. as far as others who don't like this, i'm with 98lgtlover and 987687. i want to pick up stuff from others who may have done something stupid or out of place to get the best from their mistakes, and i'm sure i'm not alone. you can't take that from us.

thanks scoopman!

and yes, thank you dude. seriously, i know there will be a time where i'll find a snowbank or my brother will back into a streetlamp or something that will just tear me to pieces (he's also 17). when i do, i know where to share it :D cheers and still love your car haha

I have a lot of stories about my car being wrecked... heh. but fortunately other people did them all so they had to pay to fix it. Like the tow truck driver bending the frame, being rear-ended while stopped at a red light, etc ...

Archived